The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to REALLY become a millionaire (Video)

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Some very good reality checks of what it takes to reach the Fastlane level in business.

Sadly I've been very guilty of "start/stops" and how I let distractions take away months of my life without any benefit...

For anyone who believe's becoming wealthy is a MUST rather than a WANT, watch this and implement what he says a step at a time

Thanks for the great share @JaxAttacks this video has been a great guidance

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I smell crap. There are some good points but the whole idea of making a formula out of it just smells rat.
I respect people who present raw reality rather than making a video that gets likes from people who can't relate to it but are just wannabe millionaires.
The very fact that he says "2yrs= survival, 5yrs=$500.000" etc is just bullcrap and plain delusion because it is linear-thinking while becoming a millionaire more often than not has exponential nature.
Work on some specific thing that you care about & has a market and work as best as you can, watch the market response & keep improving everyday. That comes down to giving up a lot of the lies you tell to yourself & dropping a lot of false expectations.

Last edited:

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
The very fact that he says "2yrs= survival, 5yrs=$500.000" etc is just bullcrap and plain delusion because it is linear-thinking while becoming a millionaire more often than not has exponential nature.

Agreed

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
I realize it's not easy to be a Millionaire. It takes lot of hardwork and years of focus. Thanks for this great video. It opens my eyes to the true reality.

Filipe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 4, 2016
I smell crap. There are some good points but the whole idea of making a formula out of it just smells rat.
I respect people who present raw reality rather than making a video that gets likes from people who can't relate to it but are just wannabe millionaires.
Work on some specific thing that you are about & has a market and work as best as you can, watch the market response & keep improving everyday. That comes down giving up a lot of the lies you tell you yourself & dropping a lot of false expectations.

What he calls a formula is really a point of view. It's a way of thinking. The numbers he gives aren't end-all, they're an indication of how it can turn out when the work is put in. Obviously he doesn't mean to say that you're guaranteed to get $500.000 in 5 years.
He's right there with his message about how work ethic is the #1 reason for success. The video was really about stressing that 99% of it is execution. I don't see anything wrong in that.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
There is no formula. Seriously. In the following video this guy interviews Mark Cuban and asks him if he believes there is a formula people can follow. Mark says no. Oops. That doesn't fit the narrative so what's funny is this guy keeps trying to get Mark to acknowledge that their is indeed a formula.

Forward to 8:25

"I don't think there is a default template for success but I think there are things you can do to put yourself in the best position to succeed." - Mark Cuban

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Bouncing Soul

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 13, 2014
I kinda chuckled when he mentioned (in the original vid) Cuban and then said you have to read all these books as part of the "formula". Cuban himself says the only books he read building his first business were on how to code.

The closest thing to a formula is the one that makes the most millionaires...slowlane savers who retire with $1-2mil, and hope they have enough health to actually enjoy it for a couple of years.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If you subscribe to the 10,000 hour rule that works out to 2.5 years to become an expert at something if you do it 80 hours per week.

I'd say that's a pretty great way to get very good at something but I wouldn't call it a surefire formula to become a millionaire.

I think the person who spends 25 hours per week adding value to other people's lives has a better chance at becoming a millionaire than the person who spends 80 hours per week working on themselves.

bob johnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Dec 15, 2015
I kinda chuckled when he mentioned (in the original vid) Cuban and then said you have to read all these books as part of the "formula". Cuban himself says the only books he read building his first business were on how to code.

The closest thing to a formula is the one that makes the most millionaires...slowlane savers who retire with $1-2mil, and hope they have enough health to actually enjoy it for a couple of years.

dan pena boasts about how little he has read. in his London real interview(the one at his castle) he says he's only read about 15 books in his life.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
dan pena boasts about how little he has read. in his London real interview(the one at his castle) he says he's only read about 15 books in his life.
Gary Vaynerchuk claims he never reads books.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
What he calls a formula is really a point of view. It's a way of thinking.

Essentially every thing one can think of is only a point of view. But what I have a problem with is the temptation to put it in a formula and create the millionaire box-thinking.
It goes like "Give people a formula for everything so that they feel safer & more comfortable and they will buy your product".

Reality is that until you have put your first product out in the wild, you don't know shit and no amount of books or thinking will teach you more than the actual experience & own mistakes. Basically a lot of people try to read every book, watch every video and listen to every "millionaire preacher" (or book seller) just to avoid or delay having to put a product online or start the real thing.

As Mark Zuckerberg says, "Move fast and break things".
If you're not breaking things initially you may not be improving much.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's so much easier to consume than produce...

Filipe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 4, 2016
It goes like "Give people a formula for everything so that they feel safer & more comfortable and they will buy your product".
Agreed. Now, while rewatching the video, he indeed claims guaranteed success. For some reason I didn't didn't catch that initially. I don't like/buy that idea either.
But he does give some valuable insights into the work ethic necessary for success. Agreed with Mark Cuban right there!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
But what I have a problem with is the temptation to put it in a formula and create the millionaire box-thinking.
Exactly. Keep in mind he has something to sell you. Looks like it's mainly a high dollar mastermind group.

More info on this "guru"...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Bet-David

JonnyC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
463%
Jan 23, 2014
Canada

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Wow, the guy got me. I was so fooled by the initial post. MLM? Lesson learned. Thank you for opening my foggy eyes.

I love how that holy "guru" was demolished & destroyed" in this post.

MJ said it best in The Millionaire Fastlane book:

"Nonetheless, the preordained plan continues to wield power, recommended and enforced by a legion of hypocritical “financial experts” who aren’t rich by their own advice, but by their own Millionaire Fastlane . The Slowlane prognosticators know something that they aren’t telling you: What they teach doesn’t work, but selling it does."

;)

Last edited:

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
I love how that holy "guru" was demolished & destroyed" in this post.

MJ said it best in The Millionaire Fastlane book:

"Nonetheless, the preordained plan continues to wield power, recommended and enforced by a legion of hypocritical “financial experts” who aren’t rich by their own advice, but by their own Millionaire Fastlane . The Slowlane prognosticators know something that they aren’t telling you: What they teach doesn’t work, but selling it does."

[emoji6]

I watched the video, I don't think 1 thing he said was that wrong. I think he challenged people here , 80 hours a week, quadrillion books a year, etc:)

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I follow this guy on FB, he shares some good content and videos of his speeches, seminars or classes.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
There is no wrong or right way to make money.

Why then, are you guys all consuming videos when you should be baking that bread?

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Damn, if anyone pulls out,is intimidated or put off just by how many hours you have to put in, it's back to the slow lane or sidewalk for you.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I watched the video, I don't think 1 thing he said was that wrong. I think he challenged people here , 80 hours a week, quadrillion books a year, etc
I follow this guy on FB, he shares some good content and videos of his speeches, seminars or classes.

I have learned to never perceive people for what they say, but rather for what they actually DO. But still have compassion for them.
Actions tell me more than any amount of words.
If he does MLM and that kind of shit, getting people's money for nothing, then he's not the kind of person I would like to learn from or be my mentor.
I can read a book and repeat all of its key points in a 10 minute video but that doesn't make me a millionaire by my own advice but rather a seller of it.
In that video he says all the things any book about money and/or self-development will tell you - which is mostly smoke.

Brutal honesty is always better than genuine bullshit.
Say whatever you want, but always do what is right.

For me MLM is so wrong, it's criminal (in most cases).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For me MLM is so wrong, it's criminal (in most cases).

The Yelp reviews are actually quite detailed, and truly sad.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
So PHP is MLM crap?

Had my suspicions from a glance at the twitter page, oh well his mindset lessons and other takeaways have value.

Take what is useful...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.