The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Accomplished My Goal... Now I'm Completely LOST (Success= Depression?)

Idea threads

Costa

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
623%
Dec 8, 2022
Zero to Hero
I don't wanna make this thread, I hate not being useful giving value. I try to create more and consume less. I visualized myself writing a Journey doing my projects here on the Forum, instead, I'm writing this asking for feedback and advice.

I live in a Shithole nation so even basic things like buying a computer is a Headache. And after several Years without a proper machine... I finally made it.

I was really excited, hyped and with a lot of ideas in order to execute now that I have more freedom to do things than before I was unable to. Things like Video Editing, Game Engines, Photoshop & Illustrator, Play Videogames, programs like Fl Studio, Blender and whatnot.

Again, I was really Happy and Excited about achieving my Goal, Live the dream of finally having the machine I always wanted.

But now... It's not like I imagined, something feels off. I fought so hard to have this (I mean the f*cking National Bank made a Mistake and I had to fight to get my money back and going through a lot of bullshit like this in order to buy my laptop)

But now all the emotion is gone, is not like I think it would be. I feel Depressed, Overwhelmed, I tried to even play the videogames that I always wanted to play... but I still feel empty. I'm more capable and more comfortable, sure, but my state of mind is f*cked up.

Everything is going well, and I should be Motivated and Inspired to Execute and become Fastlane, but instead I don't wanna make the projects I planned. Idk if this is an execution problem, mindset or whatever.

I can Run Any Video Game in the world, But I don't wanna Play Video Games. I feel like I'm wasting my time and I get bored.

I can run any software in the world, but I don't know what to do and even If I knew, I wanna do nothing.

I spend a lot on this and I don't wanna use it anymore. I'm really grateful for it, but I feel dull, overwhelmed and lost at the same time.

Now I just wanna drink Coffee or eat, and just do nothing and watch the paint dry (literally), no smartphone, no books, no computer.

Is this temporary? How can I fix this? Is my identity changing? Did something wrong?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
I don't wanna make this thread, I hate not being useful giving value. I try to create more and consume less. I visualized myself writing a Journey doing my projects here on the Forum, instead, I'm writing this asking for feedback and advice.

I live in a Shithole nation so even basic things like buying a computer is a Headache. And after several Years without a proper machine... I finally made it.

I was really excited, hyped and with a lot of ideas in order to execute now that I have more freedom to do things than before I was unable to. Things like Video Editing, Game Engines, Photoshop & Illustrator, Play Videogames, programs like Fl Studio, Blender and whatnot.

Again, I was really Happy and Excited about achieving my Goal, Live the dream of finally having the machine I always wanted.

But now... It's not like I imagined, something feels off. I fought so hard to have this (I mean the f*cking National Bank made a Mistake and I had to fight to get my money back and going through a lot of bullshit like this in order to buy my laptop)

But now all the emotion is gone, is not like I think it would be. I feel Depressed, Overwhelmed, I tried to even play the videogames that I always wanted to play... but I still feel empty. I'm more capable and more comfortable, sure, but my state of mind is f*cked up.

Everything is going well, and I should be Motivated and Inspired to Execute and become Fastlane, but instead I don't wanna make the projects I planned. Idk if this is an execution problem, mindset or whatever.

I can Run Any Video Game in the world, But I don't wanna Play Video Games. I feel like I'm wasting my time and I get bored.

I can run any software in the world, but I don't know what to do and even If I knew, I wanna do nothing.

I spend a lot on this and I don't wanna use it anymore. I'm really grateful for it, but I feel dull, overwhelmed and lost at the same time.

Now I just wanna drink Coffee or eat, and just do nothing and watch the paint dry (literally), no smartphone, no books, no computer.

Is this temporary? How can I fix this? Is my identity changing? Did something wrong?
Congratulations on reaching your goal!
Now it's time to increase the difficulty and go for an even harder goal. Stop focusing on what you want to do or how you are feeling, that won't get you closer to where you want to be.

Sit down behind your new PC, open a notepad or some other notes app and figure out what is your next goal that you are ready to go all in on, better if you can come up with multiple ones, most importantly make sure that they are measurable, so that you can track the progress you are making towards them. Spend enough time on this, as without a clear understanding on what you want to achieve you won't be able to achieve it.

Once you have written down a goal or multiple ones, it's time to start working towards them. Every single day you have to be able to tell that you have made at least some progress. Never have a day where no progress was made towards any goal, that is simply pointless.

When you will be so busy working to achieve your new goals, you simply won't have time to care about how you feel or what you want to do, but only if you actually do the work, otherwise you will start to feel the way you are feeling now, again.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Owning a laptop is not exactly a goal. It's just a tool you require to move forward with your goal.

eg I am going to create a new flowerbed. So in my mind I have an idea of what it will look like and therefore what will be planted and sown. Now let's say I don't own a spade.

Well I aim to get a spade in order to get on with doing what I have to. I would be happy once I have saved up for one and actually walk into the shop and buy one. I will be happy because I will be thinking 'Right, I can crack on with step one now' I wouldn't be overthinking it though as it's just a tool I need.

Whereas you just seem to have had a goal of owning a spade. Well now what? Nothing. Hence you are feeling empty.

Dan

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 24, 2021
England
You don't 'become fastlane', you either are or you are not.

Which one are you right now?

You have 2 traits that you should be proud of:
1. You set a goal and you ACHIEVED it.
2. You are mindful of your procrastination.

'Owning' something will not make you feel fulfilled in my personal experience, its when you make others happy and fulfilled when you truly feel blessed.

Set new goals, improve your system, take a deserved time off to relax and celebrate your accomplishments so far.

Good luck friend

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Apr 17, 2022
Emptiness is one of the most common feelings experienced after achieving a difficult goal. This is how we are neurologically wired. We have systems put in place to calm us down after focusing very hard on something.

This is our biology, we do this by instinct, but I think there is some wisdom in it:

Nothing is going to happen after you achieve your goals.

Nothing.

In life, the destination does not exist. It's an ever-moving target. As we go towards it, it moves further and further away from us.

The only thing we have is the journey - the joy of conquering difficulty in pursuit of our goals.

Finished your goal? Good.

Now it's time to set a new goal and get to work.

It's over when we're in the grave. Until then, let's do as much good as we can.

Last edited:

Costa

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
623%
Dec 8, 2022
Zero to Hero
Owning a laptop is not exactly a goal. It's just a tool you require to move forward with your goal.

eg I am going to create a new flowerbed. So in my mind I have an idea of what it will look like and therefore what will be planted and sown. Now let's say I don't own a spade.

Well I aim to get a spade in order to get on with doing what I have to. I would be happy once I have saved up for one and actually walk into the shop and buy one. I will be happy because I will be thinking 'Right, I can crack on with step one now' I wouldn't be overthinking it though as it's just a tool I need.

Whereas you just seem to have had a goal of owning a spade. Well now what? Nothing. Hence you are feeling empty.

Dan
Agree, the thing is... I waited for that tool to keep working on my other (bigger) goals and now my planned execution vanished and now I'm lost without knowing what to do.

It's Not "I purchaed a laptop because I wanted a laptop, now I'm sad"

It's more "I have bigger goals, I did know what, how and when to do it, but I needed the required tools in order to move forward. I made the goal of buying the tool. Now I realized that all my plans are trash and I feel lost, idk where to start, I'm not excited and overwhelmed with so many things that I can do now (Paradox of choice). So now I wanna recover my previous clarity and state of mind"

Ps: Owning a laptop in this side of the world should be considered a Goal, here not everyone can afford one, in my case, several years without a proper (or decent) machine, 8 months saving money and 4 months trying to buy it. Sure maybe for you is not a goal but for me it actually is... Not the biggest goal I know, but it's a goal at least was for me.

Costa

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
623%
Dec 8, 2022
Zero to Hero
Congratulations on reaching your goal!
Now it's time to increase the difficulty and go for an even harder goal. Stop focusing on what you want to do or how you are feeling, that won't get you closer to where you want to be.

Sit down behind your new PC, open a notepad or some other notes app and figure out what is your next goal that you are ready to go all in on, better if you can come up with multiple ones, most importantly make sure that they are measurable, so that you can track the progress you are making towards them. Spend enough time on this, as without a clear understanding on what you want to achieve you won't be able to achieve it.

Once you have written down a goal or multiple ones, it's time to start working towards them. Every single day you have to be able to tell that you have made at least some progress. Never have a day where no progress was made towards any goal, that is simply pointless.

When you will be so busy working to achieve your new goals, you simply won't have time to care about how you feel or what you want to do, but only if you actually do the work, otherwise you will start to feel the way you are feeling now, again.
You don't 'become fastlane', you either are or you are not.

Which one are you right now?

You have 2 traits that you should be proud of:
1. You set a goal and you ACHIEVED it.
2. You are mindful of your procrastination.

'Owning' something will not make you feel fulfilled in my personal experience, its when you make others happy and fulfilled when you truly feel blessed.

Set new goals, improve your system, take a deserved time off to relax and celebrate your accomplishments so far.

Good luck friend
Emptiness is one of the most common feelings experienced after achieving a difficult goal. This is how we are neurologically wired. We have systems put in place to calm us down after focusing very hard on something.

This is our biology, we do this by instinct, but I think there is some wisdom in it:

Nothing is going to happen after you achieve your goals.

Nothing.

In life, the destination does not exist. It's an ever-moving target. As we go towards it, it moves further and further away from us.

The only thing we have is the journey - the joy of conquering difficulty in pursuit of our goals.

Finished your goal? Good.

Now it's time to set a new goal and get to work.

It's over when we're in the grave. Until then, let's do as much good as we can.

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! GREAT TIPS HERE AND THANKS FOR YOUR TIME GIVING ME VALUABLE FEEDBACK!

I'm taking notes, and fully agree with all you said. I'm gonna write measurable goals and follow your advice.

"Nothing is going to happen after you achieve your goals.

Nothing.

The only thing we have is the journey - the joy of conquering difficulty in pursuit of our goals."

F*ck! this one Hit hard, I've never heard this before

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Seems like you see your problem, too much choices, not believing your plan, analisis paralisis, etc.

So just calculate which plan has the highes chance of success, is fastest, more efficient, or even if you fail you learn a lot, etc. and follow that plan

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Oct 26, 2023

choose the best video/image editing software, programming language or ANY other digital skill and watch video guides(taking notes is essential) on it while drinking coffee or eating.

then go and solve someone's problem.
and remember, you are enough.
Good Job and GL to you!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Ps: Owning a laptop in this side of the world should be considered a Goal, here not everyone can afford one, in my case, several years without a proper (or decent) machine, 8 months saving money and 4 months trying to buy it. Sure maybe for you is not a goal but for me it actually is... Not the biggest goal I know, but it's a goal at least was for me.

This makes me so grateful to be able to buy any laptop I want whenever I want.

Where do you live?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.