The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am 29. My business makes me $2m in income a year. What next?

Ejf03

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 2, 2024
Hi everyone.

Grateful for this community here. I first created an account here almost 6 years here with the dreams of becoming a millionaire. That dream is now achieved but I am thinking of what to do next.

Context:
-I am 29. I founded a business 4.5 years ago in the online education space.
-Got lucky and made a killing during COVID, made around $10m in profit a year.
-Profit is now reduced to around to $2m a year, but business is very stable.
-I own 100% of the company so all profit essentially goes to me.
-I am the CEO and run a team of around 30 people.

Fast-forward to today, I want to take myself out of this business and start other ventures. Although the business is still profitable and makes me $2m a year in income, I am getting rather tired of doing the same thing day in day out. I have the entrepreneurial itch and crave the thrill of doing other ventures.

I operate in an extremely niche space, so it is impossible to sell the business.

Hence, I am thinking of hiring a CEO, giving him equity, then myself taking a step back to become Chairman instead. But it is extremely difficult to find a CEO. Even if I do manage to find one, how do I structure his remuneration in terms of equity + salary?

My question is: what do I do next?
I’d love to chat with you more and learn about your business as a potential buyer if you’re still looking to sell. I currently own and operate a 3.5 year old business in a niche e-commerce and online education space as well. Let me know if you’re open to a conversation!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WilliamSherman

New Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 18, 2024
Congrats if it's all true!
But I usually don't buy stories like this. It all sounds too good to be true. Besides, I don't think that real billionaires sit on forums just to brag how rich they are. They usually use Instagram for that purpose! :)

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Congrats if it's all true!
But I usually don't buy stories like this. It all sounds too good to be true. Besides, I don't think that real billionaires sit on forums just to brag how rich they are. They usually use Instagram for that purpose! :)
Thanks for your contribution.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.