The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introductions, I guess? (It's a bit wordy, please bear with me)

Jahzeetzah

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 12, 2023
Hi! I'm Jahsiah, but my nickname is Jahzeetzah (you guys can call me Zeetz). I'm a 20 year old aspiring... artist, animator, music producer/songwriter, story writer, voice actor... There's a lot that I want to do in life.

At the moment I'm writing this (today's the 12th of August, in 2023), I'm working as a shift supervisor at my local Rite Aid. In October of '22, I got promoted from cashier to my current position and was absolutely baffled by the fact that the raise was only a dollar more than what I'd been previously making. But what shocked me the most was the fact that everyone else working at the store seemed... rather complacent with being in a situation where they had to work hard all week, sometimes working overtime, to have enough money to take care of themselves and barely enjoy themselves. 15 dollars an hour is, as everyone likes to say, "not that bad for a kid your age," but I simply can't see it that way.

I want more out of life.

I want to be able to freely work on my passions without the restraints of needing to work all of the time to provide for myself and family. I want to travel the world. I don't necessarily want to be (celebrity) famous, but I do want to share my creative talents with the world. And I simply don't see it happening if I continue to work this job, or "rise the ladder" like my store manager wants me to.

Around March of this year, the store was in a DROUGHT of workers. The old store manager had quit a year earlier, and the store had been running with 2 shift supervisors. One left, one went on a sick leave, and our newly acquired assistant manager got fired. So that left me, who'd been a shift supervisor for about 4 months with not enough training, and 3 cashiers running the store by ourselves for a MONTH. I was doing basically all of the heavy lifting, and around that time I started listening to self-improvement podcasts and watching videos. A YouTube channel by the name of FarFromWeak suggested that I check out [The Millionaire Fastlane ], and when I opened the pages, it was almost like Mr. DeMarco was talking to me. I'd never read a finance book before, but I knew this had to be different. Never had I read a book that dared to question me, change my way of thinking, and call me out on my behaviors. We'd call that "meta" behavior nowadays.

I've noticed something. When I went to Barnes and Nobles, and another bookstore that I can't quite remember the name of, there were finance sections. [The Millionaire Next Door] was there. I didn't see Mr. DeMarco's book ANYWHERE. And it's interesting: most of the knowledge or things that can/will help you succeed aren't mainstream.

Fast-forward to today. I decided to join the Forum that I'd been getting snippets of in [The Millionaire Fastlane ], and I'm already seeing posts that align with the things I aspire to be. I know this introduction was quite a long one, but I'm really looking forward to being part of this community. You guys certainly seem to have your heads on your shoulders. Cutting the 9-5 job is certainly my priority, but what comes next? I'm going to find out.

If you made it to the end of this intro, I sincerely thank you for reading my current story. It means a lot to me. Let's grow, together!
- Zeetz, the Champion of the World

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...