The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jin, that's me.

Jinzou

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 1, 2024
Germany
Hello everyone, I hope y'all are doing well.

Before I start writing something about myself, I would like to give a heartfelt thanks to everyone here.

I joined the forum a while ago and have had the opportunity to read through many fantastic posts. The value that is presented in this forum is incredible. I didn't think I would ever find anything like this and be offered the chance to take part in it. Please know that you have given me courage and support with your stories and experiences.

I'm working hard to return this offered value, even if I can't speak from experience yet. At least from the perspective of an entrepreneur.

___

Okay, but who am I now anyway?

Until recently, I would probably have answered with something like: my name is Jin, I'm 25 years old, from Germany, and an almost graduated student of ecotrophology.

While these facts have not changed, my perception of my identity has evolved thanks to countless insights during my recent life. One example is @Antifragile with this thread GOLD! - ASSERTION - MINDSET - Tell us, who are you?, who reminded me of something almost forgotten. (thank you!)

As a child, I always got what I wanted. I'm an only child and grew up in good circumstances. Big house, a playground garden, loving grandparents, caring parents, pets.

You could see that reflected in my personality. Although children often act without thinking, I was very ego-focused. After all, I was the center of attention in my family, so naturally, I had to be the center of attention for everyone else, right?

Fancy private elementary school - bullying victim. No friends, bad grades, but a lot of degradation and insults. My self-esteem? Not a shred left. Then I changed schools. Friends for the first time, suddenly better grades. Nevertheless, I was fat, socially disturbed, and unhappy.

That's how it went until I graduated from 10th grade. No bullying incidents, but a burning family drama in the background. My mother often cried because of my father.

Eventually, she found a new man and wanted to move out. But I didn't want that. The mere thought was devastating. I couldn't imagine being without my grandparents, leaving the safe space of my childhood.

However, if you have to choose between mom and dad, who will it be?

For me, it was always my mom.

New city, new school, and a man who "took away" my mother from my younger self. I hated him.

The new school was just as awful. A grammar school in which everyone shared a deep connection, knowing each other for eons. I wasn't a part of that, being the new girl. At last, I managed to make two friends.

These friends quickly became my pillars to which I clung desperately. I didn't know the rules of healthy friendship. My grades plummeted again, but this time badly.

My old school was known for its vulgar background and low teaching standards. My new one was famous for its high ideals and conditions.
Due to constant stress and my pronounced selfishness, my only two friendships broke up. It all dragged me down into a temporary depression.

I was done with the world and dropped out of school four months before graduation. Of course, everyone was disappointed in me. My self-hatred was at its peak.

With no school cornering me against a wall, I had a lot of time to think.

Something flipped inside my mind and drove me to turn everything upside down.

Change of diet, sport: 15 kilos lost. Savings, driving licence: autonomy.
My relationship with my stepfather improved. My mom was always by my side, loved me unconditionally, and supported me in everything I did. Even her new marriage wouldn't change that. I had just been too blind and ignorant to realize that. I was happy to form more of a grown-up relationship with her as well, one where I could prove how grateful I was to have her.

Self-confidence and social awareness finally grew with my age. Soon, I would even be the first in my family to go to university.

And just as the fog was finally clearing in the valley, we were surprised by an unexpected force of nature. The most violent storm I had experienced.

My mom was diagnosed with brain cancer. My biggest nightmare grew into reality in one fell swoop. I was still a teen lost in life, I needed my mother more than everything.

For the next two years, we went to war for a battle that carried no happy end. Our living room transformed into a hospital room. My stepfather and I became carers until the bitter end. Each day, every day. There was no room for silly dreams of the future. We commuted to hospitals, went through dozens of doctors' consultations, and organized the death of someone who wasn't supposed to die.

I held her hand when she stopped breathing. With her, my most important life support disappeared. It was the biggest shit I've ever experienced.

Ironically, it was her death that revealed to me what kind of person my mom was. In Germany, we have this saying: "You only realize that something is valuable when it's no longer there."
She was a person that others subconsciously liked to gather around. She was a best friend to many, and a valuable part of life for even more. No words in the world can come close to doing justice to what I see in her. She became the idol I respected most.

At the same time, I could see everything more clearly now. I understood what was important in life. Or so I thought.

I had time to think about myself again. What do I want to do with my life? Forgotten dreams slowly started their comeback, lurking around in the edges of my mind.

As promised, I was the first in my family to go to university. Nutritional science promised a lot of well-paid jobs and the change in diet I accomplished boosted my interest. Anxiety often tried to stop me, but I went anyway, moved into my first apartment, and vowed to pull this off to prove to everyone and myself that I could do it.
And I was good at it, very good in fact.

I became one of the best students in my year, popular with many fellow students and professors alike, and a member of the student council. I grew a strong network of renowned names in my industry, got offered to publish my bachelor thesis, and received invitations to respectable congresses where even more golden opportunities seemed to only wait for me to grab them.

But something felt wrong.

My one very good friend, who is two years younger than me, told me about freedom. Of course, I knew what freedom was and had my idea of it, but hers differed greatly. While I talked about being able to choose a promising career with my good degree, she talked about happiness.

That was my first push to start thinking out of the box.

We talked often and for hours and hours and hours when she visited me. Her vision of her path to happiness was more vivid every time. But this path was not at all compatible with our social rules. It couldn't possibly work.
But it did.

Right now, she lives on her property with a forest, her own house, and absolute freedom. And she is 23 years old.
I wouldn't be here now without her.

I had changed a lot since my mom died. No words can phrase how I felt but this time made me into someone I have learned to love. I've found lifelong friends and filled the gap that my mother's death left in my family. I started focusing on the well-being of those around me. I read about Gabor Maté, Marshall Rosenberg, and many other inspiring people, reinforcing my out-of-the-box vision.

I came free from my video game addiction and forged my life alone. I grew independent and felt better than ever before in life.

Finally, by absolute coincidence, MJ's Millionaire Fastlane fell into my hands. I have never read a financial book before. I don't know what whim made me buy the book anyway, but I devoured the contents in a few days.

For many, this is the beginning of a journey towards their freedom.
For me, it is confirmation, mentor, and teacher. It symbolizes my goals and reminds me to keep pushing my boundaries. It shows me the plan I've been looking for for so long.

I don't yet know what the dense forest I'll walk through will look like inside, but I know that as long as I follow the path I'll get there. The monsters I have to face along the way? I hope they don't come alone.

I want to make my mom proud. I want to move something in this world. I'm done being just an observer watching shit burn down around me while some "experts" tell me not to sweat it with a shrug. I'm fighting against inequality, poverty, and environmental destruction at once. I'll be reaching as many people as possible to turn their lives into something worth living for.

There are so numerous individuals to whom I owe the fact that I am who I am now. I want to give them something back that goes beyond a thank you.

That's me. That's what I'm going to do.

Thanks, mom, for everything you did for me. I will continue to grow, never stop learning, and always go full out. I'm going to turn the tides around for our family. I'm going to crack all obstacles anyone might throw in my path.

Thanks for being my mom. Only you even enabled me to take a chance in this life. I'm going to make it worthwhile.

___

Finally, to everyone who's still reading this, thank you. We're nothing more than strangers, yet we met on this path through the forest. I'm going to assist in every way I can.

And, of course, thank you @MJ DeMarco for doing what you do. Thanks for writing these fantastic books, thanks for building this community. I greatly respect you and wish you all the best in life. Continue being as amazing, you matter a lot.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Sorry to hear what happened to your mom.

Good luck and welcome.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
466%
Mar 15, 2018
Welcome to the forum, Jin.

What an incredible intro. You know your why and what. And we are here to help when you need it.

I look forward to seeing your progress in business and life!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So sad to hear about your mom, sometimes tragedies like these define our lives and create a tremendous purpose burning within us, and create forks in the road where we can never go back.

Welcome aboard.

Jinzou

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 1, 2024
Germany
Wow, I didn't expect that many responses. Reading everyone's comments made me really happy.

Sorry to hear what happened to your mom.

Good luck and welcome.
Thank you. I look forward to connecting with you.

I actually choked up reading that.

Best wishes to you.

Dan
Thank you very much, Dan. Knowing how much you got engaged with my story in such an emotional way means a lot to me.

I send you just as many good wishes!

What an incredible intro. You know your why and what. And we are here to help when you need it.
Thank you so much! I highly appreciate it. If there is anything I can ever help you with in return don't hesitate to let me know.

So sad to hear about your mom, sometimes tragedies like these define our lives and create a tremendous purpose burning within us, and create forks in the road where we can never go back.

Welcome aboard.
Thank you, MJ. I couldn't agree more.

It's sad but it is what it is, I'm just going to use this force to work in my favor, keeping me on track. There is no time to waste in the past.

Is there a certain industry you will be targeting on this fastlane journey?

Yes, actually. At least judging from my current perspective.

Due to my educational background, I've gained a fair insight into the food industry, especially the out-of-home catering/restaurant sector.
Most of my connections are there, as is the tool that I developed with my bachelor's thesis. I can imagine optimizing it further to offer it to this industry.

However, I'm aiming to adjust as I move forward. Should I come across cracks in niches other than that, I'm glad to learn how to aid them as well.

Jinzou

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 1, 2024
Germany
Dear Jin, your mom is already proud. I know I'd be if you were my child. <3 To the sky! Can't wait to hear more about your journey.
Thank you.

I guess it's my turn to be emotional now. Your response is heartwarming for me.

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Absolutely amazing post!
Your mom, me (and many others) are rooting for you!

As a question; where are you right now business-wise? Are you still looking for a business/something to do or have you already decided or even started?

Btw if you're ever visiting Frankfurt let me know if you're interested in meeting up. Maybe @Subsonic would even join us

Jinzou

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 1, 2024
Germany
Absolutely amazing post!
Your mom, me (and many others) are rooting for you!

As a question; where are you right now business-wise? Are you still looking for a business/something to do or have you already decided or even started?

Btw if you're ever visiting Frankfurt let me know if you're interested in meeting up. Maybe @Subsonic would even join us
Thank you so much. The support I received here so far is absolutely amazing and motivating.

Also, you just coincidentally guessed my hometown correctly. I moved back to Frankfurt 2 months ago.

About your other question:
I'm at the very start of my journey. I'm currently working in a side job and will graduate very soon. I'm making as much use of my free time as I can in between.

My first goal is to become the sole owner of my time as quickly as possible and get rid of any part-time job. I only registered my first business a week ago and am now gathering experience while stepping into the unknown.

I actually owe this to @Fox (huge thanks!), who promoted his course at exactly the right moment.

I'm very much interested in forming a connection with you and potentially @Subsonic as well. Thank you for the offer!

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Also, you just coincidentally guessed my hometown correctly. I moved back to Frankfurt 2 months ago.
Wow what are the chances haha!
About your other question:
I'm at the very start of my journey. I'm currently working in a side job and will graduate very soon. I'm making as much use of my free time as I can in between.

My first goal is to become the sole owner of my time as quickly as possible and get rid of any part-time job. I only registered my first business a week ago and am now gathering experience while stepping into the unknown.

I actually owe this to @Fox (huge thanks!), who promoted his course at exactly the right moment.
Very very good. Seems like you're very hard working
I'm very much interested in forming a connection with you and potentially @Subsonic as well. Thank you for the offer!
Awesome, I'll send you a pm sometime later today.

@Subsonic , if you're interested too, just react to this message and I'll add you to the chat

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Wow what are the chances haha!

Very very good. Seems like you're very hard working

Awesome, I'll send you a pm sometime later today.

@Subsonic , if you're interested too, just react to this message and I'll add you to the chat
I'm down for anything. Thanks for tagging me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...