The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learning-Entrepreneurship Conundrum: Finding the Right Path

Idea threads

Kandre

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 26, 2024
Greetings everyone,

I'm Kévin, 28 years old, residing in Paris. Recently, I experienced my fed-up event where I realized I wouldn't find fulfilment in the slowlane. With a Ph.D. in health biology, I've dedicated 2 years to the pharmaceutical industry.

I lack entrepreneurial and managerial skills. Driven by a passion for learning, I've embarked on studying finance, economics, and accounting. Additionally, I'm delving into Python programming with the aim of incorporating AI into my future endeavours. Currently, I'm engrossed in "The Millionaire Fastlane " and "Unscripted ," actively analyzing my thinking patterns and biases. Concurrently, I'm identifying market needs to develop my business idea.

The point is : Where should I begin? I'm wary of getting lost in premature learnings, yet I also fear being overwhelmed by a lack of knowledge once I get my CENTS idea, potentially jeopardizing my ability to exercise the control commandment.
What are your thoughts on my state of mind? Have any of you faced a similar situation?

I would greatly appreciate some advice so that I can become more efficient.

Thank you all, cheers,
Kévin
PS : Big thanks to @MJ DeMarco for his books and forum :bicep:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jul 30, 2022
Yeah its a pretty overwhelming amount of information to stomach quickly.

I wouldn't overthink it right now and try to reinvent the wheel.

Choose an existing business model and niche that interests you and just improve on what already exists.

There are problems in every industry, so start off with just improving on what already exists and you can focus on implementing CENTS later.

Your first business will most likely fail anyways.

Also, I would focus on doing more instead of studying since the best way to learn is by actually doing it. Essential skills you'll learn by actually doing are Sales and Marketing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Where should I begin?

With a need?
With defined value skews?
With a problem to solve?
With an idea to do something better?

All of the above solves the question, "where do I begin?"

Welcome aboard.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Why are you learning Python?

Is there not something you can do in your field, with your experience?

Paydette

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 14, 2021
With a Ph.D. in health biology
Ohhhh... a doctor???

I lack entrepreneurial and managerial skills
Makes sense and it's great you know this about yourself.

Driven by a passion for learning
It's great you've already called yourself out on this. As a fellow lover of learning, internalize that doing trumps learning in 9/10 situations. Action. Action. Action!

If you lack in execution you must excel at developing/seeing the big picture

If you're an intellectual, I'd recommend focusing on learning sales psychology. You can buy technicaknowledgege/services but to understand your business is to understand your BUYERS.

That's my thinking.

You can also look at creating an offer. There must be something you've that you've thought could be better in the health industry. Partner with a growth marketer and you can learn and execute at the same time

Kandre

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 26, 2024
All of the above solves the question, "where do I begin?"
Thank you very much, MJ DeMarco! I lack perspective and need to return to the essentials. I'm going to focus on addressing the needs of people that I can solve.

Why are you learning Python?
Python is the most popular language for machine learning and AI development. AI enables the automation of numerous tasks, so I would like to leverage this technology. Learning has become easier and faster using Large Language Models, so I assume it is a time investment I can afford.

you can learn and execute at the same time
Thank you for your advice, Paydette. That's the point; I agree with all you said. I have to take action and learn actively

I would focus on doing more instead of studying
Thank you, JaaYu. You're right

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Greetings everyone,

I'm Kévin, 28 years old, residing in Paris. Recently, I experienced my fed-up event where I realized I wouldn't find fulfilment in the slowlane. With a Ph.D. in health biology, I've dedicated 2 years to the pharmaceutical industry.

I lack entrepreneurial and managerial skills. Driven by a passion for learning, I've embarked on studying finance, economics, and accounting. Additionally, I'm delving into Python programming with the aim of incorporating AI into my future endeavours. Currently, I'm engrossed in "The Millionaire Fastlane " and "Unscripted ," actively analyzing my thinking patterns and biases. Concurrently, I'm identifying market needs to develop my business idea.

The point is : Where should I begin? I'm wary of getting lost in premature learnings, yet I also fear being overwhelmed by a lack of knowledge once I get my CENTS idea, potentially jeopardizing my ability to exercise the control commandment.
What are your thoughts on my state of mind? Have any of you faced a similar situation?

Thank you all, cheers,
Kévin
PS : Big thanks to @MJ DeMarco for his books and forum :bicep:
Uh-oh. You're deep into the "learning" script.

Maybe this will help:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yes, Andy, thank you for the share. I checked it, and it is very insightful!
Glad you got some insights. Care to share what they were, and what you'll do different going forward?

Are you looking at things through a different light now? If so, can you advise the past you who posted this:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.