The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marketplace for creative industries

Idea threads

Tony Amorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 13, 2024
I've read The Millionare Fastlane the second time this week and it has opened my mind to new possibilities.

A little background about me, I'm Tony, 21 and living in Australia. I'm ambitious and had started a lot of small businesses from home like cooking Thai food and delivering it during covid while skipping class. I've always been a hustler and finding ways to make money.

A year ago, I had previously worked in a creative agency and eventually became a director in film. The owner of the agency always talked about her past business experiences and how she made millions. She was a great talker and often hinted the business partnership for me in the future. In saying so, finance wasn't always great and sometime she would owe me 3 months worth of pay which was $350 a week. The more I worked there, the more I slowly realised that it was all talk. Don't get me wrong, I learnt some great lessons about business and how the creative industry works.

A week ago, I decided to quit my job after a year which wasn't as easy as it sounds and it was also very messy because I had troubles getting my camera equipment back which showed me her true colours. I eventually got all my equipment back but not all the money I was owed. I didn't care, I felt powerful similar to MJ in the book when he moved to Phoenix.

I planed to start my own video production business. I remembered hearing about MJ's book when I was around 17 years old and decided to read it while doing DoorDash to make ends meet as I do live alone and pay rent. After reading the book, I thought about the law of affection and magnitude.

I came up with the idea of creating a 2 sided marketplace for the creative industry because I know some of the pain points for both the creatives and clients in most creative sectors such as design, video, photo, animation, web design and development and so fourth.

Similar to Airtasker & Upwork, the difference is targeting specific needs of the creative industries to ensure an easier process between clients and creatives. Some of the pain points that will be solved are secure payment options, creative briefs, updates throughout the projects, showcasing the creatives in the best way and soo fourth.

In this day and age, it's all about the creatives. Whether it's a business, artist, weddings, corporations, this platform is designed to connect clients to a pool of quality creatives while providing the necessary tools to ensure quality and satisfaction.

Simultaneously, creative are looking for ways to acquire more clients whether it's a freelancer just starting out or established agencies, the platform can help with acquiring new clients while providing secure payments, project guidelines and checklists to ensure the project runs smoothly.

My current plan is to learn coding and create a website that connects video creatives to clients first, to test out the market with little investments. Once it gains traction, I plan to sell ad space to agencies. Then I'll start looking into investments to create the app with more creative sectors within. I currently have film gear and I plan to shoot some marketing videos in a very unorthodox and entertaining way and post them on social media.

I would love to get some of your feedbacks on this two sided marketplace. Anything that you think might help me in executing this plan, and any problems you think I might run into.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tim03

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Oct 15, 2023
Netherlands
Decent idea, have you thought about the fact that it may take you 1-2 years of learning code? There are much easier webbuilders out there.

Tony Amorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 13, 2024
Decent idea, have you thought about the fact that it may take you 1-2 years of learning code? There are much easier webbuilders out there.
i’ve had some experience coding and familiar with steps to building websites such as domains, hosting & security, etc but yes, you’re right, it would probably take me that long if i did it myself.

what are your thoughts on using Chat GPT to assist in writing some code?

Tim03

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Oct 15, 2023
Netherlands
i’ve had some experience coding and familiar with steps to building websites such as domains, hosting & security, etc but yes, you’re right, it would probably take me that long if i did it myself.

what are your thoughts on using Chat GPT to assist in writing some code?
Could work if you use gpt-4 although I dont know how much it knows about coding.

If it takes you 1-2 years to learn code (html, css and java I believe?) and your idea fails at least you now have a very valuable skill in this digital age so it might be worth pursuing.

If I were you tho, I’d def try this idea out with a webbuilder like squarespace, wordpress, shopify etc. So much easier.

Tony Amorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 13, 2024
Could work if you use gpt-4 although I dont know how much it knows about coding.

If it takes you 1-2 years to learn code (html, css and java I believe?) and your idea fails at least you now have a very valuable skill in this digital age so it might be worth pursuing.

If I were you tho, I’d def try this idea out with a webbuilder like squarespace, wordpress, shopify etc. So much easier.
thank you soo much, i’ll definitely take a look at those options. what’s your thought on pricing? (free?)

And also, what do you do btw? would love to know!! :)

Tim03

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Oct 15, 2023
Netherlands
thank you soo much, i’ll definitely take a look at those options. what’s your thought on pricing? (free?)

And also, what do you do btw? would love to know!! :)
No problem mate thats what were on the forum for. Lots of very smart people like @Johnny boy @Andy Black @MTF are here to help everyday just to name a few off the top of my head.

Currently I’m in the startup phase of watchshopeurope.com. We found out theres a huge market gap in europe on grey market old stock watches and so our goal will be to become the biggest european grey market watch seller. Ive only recently started this as well and it will be the first fastlane idea I will work out.

Tony Amorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 13, 2024
How is this different to upwork or fiverr?
fiverr & upwork are both great platforms, however, the creative industry is soo complex and requires much more regulating to accomplish great results. when i ask people why they use or don’t use those platforms, im greeted with answers such as, it’s cheap, or the quality of work is not that great.

i plan to be the solution to this problem. i plan to target marketing executives of large companies and individual creatives and agencies, to provide an eco system full of trust, and tools to ensure the best possible outcomes for both parties.

Tony Amorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 13, 2024
No problem mate thats what were on the forum for. Lots of very smart people like @Johnny boy @Andy Black @MTF are here to help everyday just to name a few off the top of my head.

Currently I’m in the startup phase of watchshopeurope.com. We found out theres a huge market gap in europe on grey market old stock watches and so our goal will be to become the biggest european grey market watch seller. Ive only recently started this as well and it will be the first fastlane idea I will work out.
wow, are you planning to run some testing? if so, what sort of testing? and also, are you looking to raise venture capital at all?

i’m new to this whole venture capital thing and i’m not sure how i feel about it

Tim03

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Oct 15, 2023
Netherlands
wow, are you planning to run some testing? if so, what sort of testing? and also, are you looking to raise venture capital at all?

i’m new to this whole venture capital thing and i’m not sure how i feel about it
No venture capital. My mate and I will both start off investing around €2000-2500 in stock and then we’ll see. We don’t really need to do testing because if we build customer trust, we will be €50-150 per watch cheaper than most official dealers and since official dealers cant get below a certain pricepoint due to brand regulations, we will be the cheapest and only company selling the watch for that price.

The next step would be to make connections with european watch dealers who want to get rid of their old stock and sell us their watches for like 50-70% of the price and when we make that happen the barrier to entry will be raised super high for potential competitors (of which there are non currently)

Tony Amorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 13, 2024
No venture capital. My mate and I will both start off investing around €2000-2500 in stock and then we’ll see. We don’t really need to do testing because if we build customer trust, we will be €50-150 per watch cheaper than most official dealers and since official dealers cant get below a certain pricepoint due to brand regulations, we will be the cheapest and only company selling the watch for that price.

The next step would be to make connections with european watch dealers who want to get rid of their old stock and sell us their watches for like 50-70% of the price and when we make that happen the barrier to entry will be raised super high for potential competitors (of which there are non currently)
sounds like a good plan, you seem to know what you’re doing. once you establish the european market, lemme know if you want to expand to the land down under

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
fiverr & upwork are both great platforms, however, the creative industry is soo complex and requires much more regulating to accomplish great results. when i ask people why they use or don’t use those platforms, im greeted with answers such as, it’s cheap, or the quality of work is not that great.

i plan to be the solution to this problem. i plan to target marketing executives of large companies and individual creatives and agencies, to provide an eco system full of trust, and tools to ensure the best possible outcomes for both parties.
How will you fix that problem?

I’ve used both platforms and had varying results.

How do big companies solve this problem at the moment?

Tim03

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Oct 15, 2023
Netherlands
sounds like a good plan, you seem to know what you’re doing. once you establish the european market, lemme know if you want to expand to the land down under
Nah I have no idea what im doing but for me thats part of
Nah I dont know what I’m doing im just doing stuff and seeing where it goes but imo thats the beauty of entrepreneurship. I know I’m smart and so I know that whatever challenge gets thrown at me I can handle. You dont know what youre doing until you get market feedback/validation.

Tony Amorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 13, 2024
Nah I have no idea what im doing but for me thats part of

Nah I dont know what I’m doing im just doing stuff and seeing where it goes but imo thats the beauty of entrepreneurship. I know I’m smart and so I know that whatever challenge gets thrown at me I can handle. You dont know what youre doing until you get market feedback/validation.
100%, i’m pretty much on the same boat as you bro. one thing i can say tho, through out my past ventures including the creative agency, i’ve defo learnt soo many things even tho it didn’t turned out the way i thought it would. you’re spot on with your mindset, just keep at it and we ll make it! thanks for the feedback, it help me gain some perspective on things!

Tim03

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Oct 15, 2023
Netherlands
100%, i’m pretty much on the same boat as you bro. one thing i can say tho, through out my past ventures including the creative agency, i’ve defo learnt soo many things even tho it didn’t turned out the way i thought it would. you’re spot on with your mindset, just keep at it and we ll make it! thanks for the feedback, it help me gain some perspective on things!
No problem man. The one thing I would suggest indeed is just trying shit out. A lot of guys on this forum will tell you that they tried 7 business ideas or more before they found the one that worked for them. In life you generally learn from doing things and thats why Im also very glad that I have finally started something for myself. But listen, if you're smart and you never stop trying you will eventually succeed so don't even stress about it. The thing for most people is that they never try anything, which is crazy to me because most business (online) take very little money to initially start and test the market with. Just go try out this idea of yours and if it fails you will probably still have learned a lot about webdesign, the creative market etc..

Tony Amorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 13, 2024
How will you fix that problem?

I’ve used both platforms and had varying results.

How do big companies solve this problem at the moment?
from my past experience working in the creative agency, i’ve gained some perspective from both creative sides and companies looking for creative assets.

creative pain points include:

- payment not on time
- finding quality clients
- not having the right structure for the creative process such as preproduction etc
- marketing themselves

platforms solution:
- ratings and testimonials for clients from other creatives
- a preproduction template for projects
- platform to showcase all of the previous projects amongst other creatives
- secure payments and schedules

pain points for businesses looking for creatives:

- not knowing where to find quality creatives
- projects not being delivered on time
- payment options
- inflated prices
- ability to compare creatives with each other
- creatives not meeting requirements
- uncertainty throughout project

platform solutions:
- one stop platform to view all creatives and previous projects
- a mandatory update from creatives throughout projects
- rating and testimonial for creatives from previous clients
- secure payment to ensure project satisfactory
- KPI and brief template for clients to fill out to hold creatives accountable

to conclude, the main thing is accountability on both ends. the platform aims to have systems and guidelines to ensure both parties are happy by the end of the project with zero bullshit, essentially a middle man.

information on both client and creatives help save time because all the info is laid out. this prevents any unnecessary meetings and FAQs from both parties. clients will be able to access portfolios of the creatives to see their styles and previous work.

let me know what you think and if there’s any gaps that might come up! appreciate the questions, it helps me think about certain aspects that i may have not thought of in the past.

Tony Amorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 13, 2024
No problem man. The one thing I would suggest indeed is just trying shit out. A lot of guys on this forum will tell you that they tried 7 business ideas or more before they found the one that worked for them. In life you generally learn from doing things and thats why Im also very glad that I have finally started something for myself. But listen, if you're smart and you never stop trying you will eventually succeed so don't even stress about it. The thing for most people is that they never try anything, which is crazy to me because most business (online) take very little money to initially start and test the market with. Just go try out this idea of yours and if it fails you will probably still have learned a lot about webdesign, the creative market etc..
couldn’t agree more, thank you Tim. best of luck, and hopefully i can reply to this in a few years to say i made it, and likewise!

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
from my past experience working in the creative agency, i’ve gained some perspective from both creative sides and companies looking for creative assets.

creative pain points include:

- payment not on time
- finding quality clients
- not having the right structure for the creative process such as preproduction etc
- marketing themselves

platforms solution:
- ratings and testimonials for clients from other creatives
- a preproduction template for projects
- platform to showcase all of the previous projects amongst other creatives
- secure payments and schedules

pain points for businesses looking for creatives:

- not knowing where to find quality creatives
- projects not being delivered on time
- payment options
- inflated prices
- ability to compare creatives with each other
- creatives not meeting requirements
- uncertainty throughout project

platform solutions:
- one stop platform to view all creatives and previous projects
- a mandatory update from creatives throughout projects
- rating and testimonial for creatives from previous clients
- secure payment to ensure project satisfactory
- KPI and brief template for clients to fill out to hold creatives accountable

to conclude, the main thing is accountability on both ends. the platform aims to have systems and guidelines to ensure both parties are happy by the end of the project with zero bullshit, essentially a middle man.

information on both client and creatives help save time because all the info is laid out. this prevents any unnecessary meetings and FAQs from both parties. clients will be able to access portfolios of the creatives to see their styles and previous work.

let me know what you think and if there’s any gaps that might come up! appreciate the questions, it helps me think about certain aspects that i may have not thought of in the past.
I’m not seeing anything different to fiverr and upwork. Everything you posted, those platforms already do.

Tony Amorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 13, 2024
I’m not seeing anything different to fiverr and upwork. Everything you posted, those platforms already do.
from the research i’ve done, there’s a bit of stigma within the fiverr and upwork world. a lot of the freelancers are overseas and it’s hard for business owners to trust someone online who they will never meet. the marketing of those companies can make the branding feel cheap and not valuable.

i think i can market my platform in a way that has more value and having a better user interface to better suit the market especially here in australia. perhaps, implementing a locals search results may help in building trust between business owners and creatives.

looking forward to hearing what you think. do you agree that it can be marketed in a different way to seem more appealing to larger companies and creatives.

also, where are you located in the world and what’s the creative industry there like?

Tony Amorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 13, 2024
Those platforms already let you filter by location.

Have you tried using these platforms before? It sounds like you've never used them and your research is "some people I know said something"
that’s true, maybe i’ll try using all the platforms and see where i can improve.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.