The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Story Part 2 - Final Say/Message

Anything related to investing, including crypto

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
Since @MJ DeMarco decided to close my original thread while I was in the middle of replying to his comment and couldn't publish it after taking some time to write my POV, I'd like to post it on here to get my final message across. (I hope that's ok and I don't mean to break any rules).

This is what I wanted to say:

First off, I NEVER said that achieving a $100m+ networth is equivalent to investing in 50-100 shitcoins hoping 1 of them hit. Please reference exactly where I said this, otherwise it's simply your opinion and not a fact, and in that case at least write it that way and remove all bias.

2nd, I never laughed at nor disrespected anyone here - but the opposite is true. I'd like to think most people who were showing criticism did it with good intentions, but many didn't and said things in a very disrespectful and derogatory way. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there's a difference in simply disagreeing with someone and giving a recommendation, vs trying to completely brush them off/put them down.

3rd, this is an introductory post with the aim of sharing my story and my plan going forward. I'm not sure what kind of "value" you or others expected me to give here, but if you read carefully everything I shared, you will find plenty of value and lessons to take away from what I shared here. But it's up to you or the individual how they interpret it. What's valuable to me me seem not very valuable to you if that's how you interpret it as, which is fine.

4th, as I said many times - my success was NOT a result of "luck". And while yes luck played a factor, and yes I was at the right place at the right time - if it was so easy then everyone would be getting "lucky" and making bank with crypto, which obv wasn't the case. I created my own "luck" by timing the market in the right moment, going all-in, dedicating a lot of time to research promising projects (not just shitcoins), personally assisted the teams of many of those projects with marketing + positioning to grow quicker through the network that I built, and came across DOZENS if not hundreds of projects that went from nothing to 100m+ MC (from <100k), more than anyone else I know of in the space. Some of which I sold too soon, some of which I didn't sell in time, but ALL of which I discovered super early & earlier than 99.99% of people, shared it in my groups, and me + my friends won together and made a lot of money from. And again, not all of them were complete shitcoins, some were also legit projects with an actual & valuable usecase, hence it blew up. Also a lot of the shitcoins also had ambitions to create utility as well, but very few actually delivered on their promises (whether it was intentionally or unintentionally, I have no idea).

That's why it's quite annoying hearing comments like these from people who don't know or understand what they're talking about. Not every meme/shitcoin was completely & utterly useless like Doge (even Shiba had a usecase and created a DEX of its own at least later on), and not every project that went to 100m+ as a fair/stealth launch was a meme/shitcoin either. There were a lot of great projects along the way too, one of which funnily enough called Poocoin, but despite the funny name - the team has created a very impressive platform where you can see charts, buy/sell tokens, check your wallet balance, etc. and became the go-to place to trade crypto for BSC projects. Interesting enough, speaking of which - one of my friends bought a bunch of these when it just launched just for fun for like $100-200, and if he held them for another month or 2, that would have turned into $1-2m. And once again, it is ironically NOT a shitcoin, because the team actually developed incredible usecase for it through their decentralized trading platform.

And there's nothing wrong with taking advantage of an opportunity to make easy money in a moral & ethical way. Let me ask you something - hypothetically speaking, if someone told you that you had a ~50% chance of winning a $1m lottery if you buy 100 $100 golden lottery tickets (while for this example's sake a standard ticket was $3-5 with extremely low odds of winning) - wouldn't you take advantage of this opportunity, make a calculated risk, and go for it? And this doesn't mean that you can ONLY do this OR start/run/own a business - they are not mutually exclusive and you are welcome to do both. Pretty sure most people would take a calculated risk and go for it.

Finally, I don't really care what other new people did or what happened to them in the past, and there's no need to compare me to them. I am my own person and on my own journey, and I do expect a lot of challenges along the way, but I will never run away from those challenges and give up on my dreams like they may have done, no matter how hard things get. I understand it's necessary to pass them in order to level up & reach the next stage in life, much leveling up in a video game and getting to level 100 comes with a lot of challenges, but incredible rewards as well when you get there.

And life is much like a video game, where you have to play to win and constantly level up and go through all the challenges that are thrown your way to prove your worth.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Nov 21, 2016
On a scale from 1 to 10, what would you rate yourself as an investor? How did you lose your $10m?

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
On a scale from 1 to 10, what would you rate yourself as an investor? How did you lose your $10m?
That's a great question, and the answer is that it really depends on what perspective you're looking at.

From the perspective of finding & investing in numerous projects that would go on to become UNICORNS and make someone financially free from the very beginning (assuming they held on to their tokens for a long enough time without getting impatient and sell in time), I'm EASILY a 10/10 and in my honest & unbiased opinion the BEST in the crypto space (due to the countless of unicorns I got in super early) in this regard. This is/was my biggest strength and felt like a natural gift/talent.

Perhaps a few rare people may have matched my track record, but I haven't seen or heard of anyone who did, as often as I have. So obviously it wasn't just LUCK because I developed a formula that helped me make better investing decisions and differentiated some projects from others based on certain attributes that increased the odds of their success (experience in that really helped and played a big role too, esp after making many bad decisions earlier on, it made me learn what DOESN'T work and that helped me realize what DOES).

You see, saying it was "luck" might make sense and would apply if it only happened once or twice, but when I've done & proven it time & time again DOZENS of times - that surely wasn't just "luck" like some people here claim it to be. If you name all the DeFi projects that stealth/fair launched and passed 100m in MC, I've probably seen and invested in at least 50% of them super early, many times on the 1st day of their launch. I prob had a lot more failures too, but that doesn't really matter because it's all a numbers game and the winners always made up for the losers 10x+. (It also helped a lot that I was part of some amazing groups where people shared those kind of projects early on, where I wasn't always the first person to discover it, but 70-80% of the time I was the 1st)

Now in terms of forming the right investing strategy to reach certain milestones, I'd rate myself a solid 8.5/10. I knew exactly what I needed to do to get to 6figs, then from 6 to 7figs (which I did in April), and then ultimately I knew exactly what I needed to do get to 8 figures (which I achieved in October, and could have also been a lot sooner), and I stuck to my strategy which ALMOST worked out perfectly. I was 30-50% away from finishing the year with an 8fig net worth. So while overall it was pretty good - sadly it wasn't the "best" strategy, and I could have had a much better one which would have led to a completely different outcome, so I have to deduct 1.5 points.

Finally, with regards to a MIX of having the right "exist" strategy, project full/likely realistic potential (aka timing the top before a huge correction), profit-taking strategy, market condition forecasting, and pivoting/adjusting to current market conditions type of investing - I must admit I am not very good at that and still have a long way to go to master this part of investing. Between all those things I mentioned, I'd rate myself a 4/10 in that department in particular. The lack of being good in this category is what ultimately led to my downfall, and is something I must work on & look forward to improve for the future. I applied the mindset of a long-term investor in the wrong market, and paid the price. But that strategy would definitely work for stocks, RE, gold/silver, and other forms of traditional investments.

So overall, I'd rate myself between 7.5-8/10. If I finished that year with a mid-8fig networth I would have obv been a 10/10 (and the odds of that happening were really high and in my favor, but sadly things didn't go my way in the most important moments, which is also due to having a 2nd best strategy with some critical flaws - it's like the equivalent of losing with AA vs 7-9 heads-up cuz of a terrible 1/2 outer river card in poker or a runner-runner)

If I finished the year or even exited in May 2022 with a 7fig+ networth, I would have rated myself as a 9/10, because that still would have been mighty impressive considering I started 2021 with only a couple grand.

But as things stand right now given my current position, I def cannot rate myself higher than an 8/10, which I'm not satisfied with and is below my standards - but for the moment I accept it for what it is and look forward to get as close as I can to a 10/10 and never repeat the same mistakes EVER again.

In terms of how I lost my 10m net worth, I explained that in full detail on my original "How I turned 2k into $10m" post. But to summarize, it's mostly due to either not getting out when my tokens were worth 5m+ because I desperately wanted to hit 1 mega unicorn where tokens would have been worth "10m+" ; or even worse, because I did not buy enough tokens from the get-go, which would have prevented all this headache in the 1st place. Which means if I literally invested $600 instead of $400, or $500 instead of $300 into several of my most successful projects initially - I would have comfortably exited at the same exact MC/day, but with a 50-100% larger token amount aka $$$.

And then after not selling in time, everything & the whole market went down, and right before I told myself I was going to get out at around 2m in 3rd/4th week of May 2022 (if market continuing to go sideways as it did all of Q1), on the 2nd week of May the market crashed and that's when I had no idea what to do, couldn't recoup my losses, made a lot of bad decisions, and ended up getting hacked when I tried to sell my last large amount.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
But as things stand right now given my current position, I def cannot rate myself higher than an 8/10, which I'm not satisfied with and is below my standard

And then after not selling in time, everything & the whole market went down, and right before I told myself I was going to get out at around 2m in 3rd/4th week of May 2022 (if market continuing to go sideways as it did all of Q1), on the 2nd week of May the market crashed and that's when I had no idea what to do, couldn't recoup my losses, made a lot of bad decisions, and ended up getting hacked when I tried to sell my last large amount.
So you are 10/10 and picking crypto. 4/10 on determining when to sell? When you fail to exit from $10M and end up with thousands, you still call that a 8/10?

That's a big zero. Come on and be real with yourself. Would you hire you to manage your own money given that track record?

Delusional.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
So inherently, I could invest $500 dollars into crypto and yet somehow miraculously come out with a possible $1m network from a coin that can be artificially created, marketed, and rug pulled by the owner of the coin?

What about the people who spent years creating businesses from scratch. People before me who actually took action and sold after all of that stress, sweat, tears, frustrations, and debt they had to go through in order to be where they are...

I have no room here to speak at all, if anything the last person because I stalled for far too long. But I have read, heard, and seen people from this forum work their butt off to get to where they are.

Crypto itself is literally a sit and wait game. Place money into a wallet and watch it. Either you earn or lose your money based on trades and market speculation/how people are reacting. That's not a controllable asset you've created from scratch, built, ran, and/either sold.

What are you going to tell to the people who have invested into Crypto and lost it all? Their life savings? Or millions of dollars spent on pixel art that in disguise is just a coin.

The ledger itself can only handle so many transactions per ledger while VISA and Mastercard can handle so much more.

NFTs were not worth that amount of money or even in the millions to be sold to begin with. Their is no intrinsic value in this kind of technology. Except for decentralized of the banking system.

There is no Web3.0, their is no NFT, and Crypto. These if anything to me should not be any investing vehicle I'd place my money.

Crypto to me should be centralized, regulated, and montiored for sake of consumers to ensure no scams are being conducted or money being taken/stolen.

Until the World changes its currency to something different. I'll stick to the Ameican Dollar.

Of course both Crypto and Money are hyperrealities because of our beliefs.

But that is ridiculous for someone who had wealth, to spend $69million dollars on a pixel art that I could just show my friends and family for laughs.

To reach a $100million dollar net worth or acquisition a sale of a built asset. You should study people like Michia Rohressien who sold Prodigy to Upstart for $110million. How does his story go? Well it took him 6 years to build it and yet he failed twice, took on VC, laid off people, hired them back. Customers fired his service, and hired him back. This is the kind of person you want to become in order to reach that level.

Better yet take a look at the GURU section for Alex Turnbull who reveals a SaaS business that makes $4million in ARR.

Last edited:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Apr 24, 2016

I only read this. It looks like you're blaming external factors on your lack of good decision-making.

Yeah, the market crashed, but you got greedy because even though you were way up on your initial investment, you didn't actually earn that money (it's not so easy or quickly with a business) and couldn't grasp how life changing it is.

You probably kept comparing yourself to the crypto influencers you follow and how they've made (or more fittingly, won) $100M. Just numbers on a screen with no actual understanding of the possiblities. Big shame.

Then you "got hacked". No, you got yourself hacked because you didn't even do the proper research beforehand to ensure you won't lose 1M i.e all of your remaining money. That's just dumb man.

You probably changed some scammer's life, at least. But anyway...

In case you still haven't figured it out, you're not special and neither is your story. Everyone's already made up their mind about you and that won't change no matter how many arguments you pull out of your a$$.

You need to stop arguing and start doing things.

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
So you are 10/10 and picking crypto. 4/10 on determining when to sell? When you fail to exit from $10M and end up with thousands, you still call that a 8/10?

That's a big zero. Come on and be real with yourself. Would you hire you to manage your own money given that track record?

Delusional.
Believe it or not (I know you prob won't), but I am an excellent money manager, specifically when it's MY money that's sitting in MY bank/digital wallet (not when it's "paper" money or asset/investment XX worth in a volatile market that can change at any moment).

A few bad decisions does not make me terrible at managing money, but I understand your point of view and it's probably better if we agree to disagree on that.

And I can def call that a 7-8/10 - good luck finding people in the crypto space who even came REMOTELY close to reaching an 8fig net worth with the same capital that I started with. Better save your time cuz 99% likely probably won't find anyone who did this.

And the fact that I got to this position in the 1st place shows what I'm capable of and that it wasn't "pure luck" and is what makes up all those points/scoreline. Just because I didn't manage to keep it does not take away from all the excellent decisions I took that got me there to begin with and be in that position, which most people will never experience in their lifetime.

Making money, keeping money, and growing money are all very different. You can be great at 1 but avg or terrible at another. But being bad in 1 category does NOT mean you are bad with money overall.

For example, you can build an incredibly profitable business, sell it for 8 figures after several years, but then make some really bad investing decisions and lose it all within a few years. Sadly I'm not the first nor the last person who will experience something like this, but on the positive side it gives you a big wake up call + slap in the face and toughens you up in the most brutal way. Many people have come back bigger & stronger from such positions, and I know for sure I will do the same and reach even greater heights.

Either way, the point is that if that were to happen to someone - that doesn't not mean they are bad at business or making money - it just means they aren't great investors in that moment and have a lot to learn. They have mastered 1 part of the money equation but not the other.

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
I only read this. It looks like you're blaming external factors on your lack of good decision-making.

Yeah, the market crashed, but you got greedy because even though you were way up on your initial investment, you didn't actually earn that money (it's not so easy or quickly with a business) and couldn't grasp how life changing it is.

You probably kept comparing yourself to the crypto influencers you follow and how they've made (or more fittingly, won) $100M. Just numbers on a screen with no actual understanding of the possiblities. Big shame.

Then you "got hacked". No, you got yourself hacked because you didn't even do the proper research beforehand to ensure you won't lose 1M i.e all of your remaining money. That's just dumb man.

You probably changed some scammer's life, at least. But anyway...

In case you still haven't figured it out, you're not special and neither is your story. Everyone's already made up their mind about you and that won't change no matter how many arguments you pull out of your a$$.

You need to stop arguing and start doing things.
Before making such ridiculous claims & conclusions, please take the time to ACTUALLY read EVERYTHING I wrote before, not just 1 small part.

I have said many times before that I take full responsibility for losing that kind of net worth, and while bad luck played a role, I only have myself to blame and know better than anyone I could have easily prevented it.

Crypto is very volatile and everything happens very quickly, in the moment it's hard to know for sure what the best course of action is, and it's easy to say I should have done this instead later on. But my mistake was not having a concrete & logical profit taking plan for cashing out my tokens, instead I relied mostly on my intuition which was obv a very big mistake.

But then you have people who applied the same strategy as me and relied on their intuition, hit their targets, and everything went according to their plan. It's not so black & white, but rather a shade of gray.

I learnt a lot from that experience and it will only make me tougher & stronger going forward.

Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Lol your threads are hilarious dude, because you’re trying too hard.

I personally don’t have a problem with you if you figured out a way to make money in 1-year that took someone else 10-15 years to make.

I don’t have a problem if you provided 0 value to the world and came up with millions or billions through some speculative affair.

I think the faster you make your money, the better. But… it’s truly hard to make $10M in 1-year. And hard to replicate that. You say you’re the best on the planet at this. If this is what happens to the best on the planet, can you imagine how hard it is for the average person?

There are inefficiencies in the market, and detecting them and finding a way to exploit them can yield massive sums of money very quickly. Alameda Research and Sam Bankman-Fried found one early on: BTC selling at 15K globally, but going for 20K on Japanese exchanges.

So they had to solve the problem of how to buy from global exchanges and then transfer the BTC over to Japan to sell it, banking an instant profit. What a genius way to make money, I love that. Instant millions.

The only issue is that these things are not sustainable. You maybe find one such window of opportunity and then it’s forever gone. Whereas a business grows every year and builds on itself — making it easier to get new money over time.

Whether it’s because of case studies/testimonials that make future sales easier, a reputation you build in the market, the assets that amass over time — it becomes easier.

That’s what I’ve noticed in both of the two businesses that I’ve built. You create, over time, a competitive advantage for the basic reason that it takes someone else TIME to build what you’ve built.

Like if you wanted to compete with me in lead gen and coaching/training for agency owners you’d need:
- 30+ video testimonials of success
- 10+ lead magnets / assets you can refer to
- 40+ hours of video training, which really takes more like 400 hours to create.
- 55+ templates/guides for implementation
- thousands of posts on social media
- 10000+ email lists and databases
- proprietary method and tool to build prospecting lists
- and so on…

In a certain sense, because of the TIME investment, you’d have to be stupid to compete with me. Just doesn’t make any sense.

There are so many value skews now in what I do, that I effectively don’t have any competition. Yes, there are other lead gen agencies. But are there lead gen agencies that offer coaching? That have experience building an agency before? That focus on the agency niche? And so on… over time, I’ve built something unique, and nothing like it exists.

Myself and many of the members here built our businesses precisely because we were willing to do what others weren’t. That is our competitive advantage: doing what others aren’t happy to do because it’s too slow or whatever.

The result of doing that yields the ultimate competitive advantage: approaching monopoly status, because the costs of someone competing with you get bigger and bigger every new day that you stay on the market.

And it’s all from very simple ideas… my idea is simple. I wanted to be a coach 2 years ago. I figured that instead of working 1 on 1 just coaching agencies and making 6-figures, I could also DO the service for them (heck, I had to do it for myself anyway), and make 7-figures. Ie, incorporate lead gen in the service.

So that’s the result of putting in the time, nothing else. And just not giving up. It’s not a great idea, at least it didn’t start as one. Very basic, simple idea. Which developed over time, as I was building it. Everyone has had the idea. But who was willing to invest to build it out, develop it and make it real over years? Nobody, except me. Everyone else either lacks the experience, doesn’t have my combination of talents/skills, isn’t willing to put in the work, and so on.

So I guess that’s the issue with what you’re doing. Yeah, you could have the good fortune of making a lot of money. But you could also have the bad fortune of making F*ck all and wasting years of life with nothing to show for it at the end. What you’re doing isn’t sustainable. It doesn’t build on itself. It doesn’t make it easier in the future for you to make money. There are no “economies of scale”. You’re basically always back to square one if things don’t work out.

Last edited:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Apr 24, 2016
Before making such ridiculous claims & conclusions, please take the time to ACTUALLY read EVERYTHING I wrote before, not just 1 small part.

I have said many times before that I take full responsibility for losing that kind of net worth, and while bad luck played a role, I only have myself to blame and know better than anyone I could have easily prevented it.

Crypto is very volatile and everything happens very quickly, in the moment it's hard to know for sure what the best course of action is, and it's easy to say I should have done this instead later on. But my mistake was not having a concrete & logical profit taking plan for cashing out my tokens, instead I relied mostly on my intuition which was obv a very big mistake.

But then you have people who applied the same strategy as me and relied on their intuition, hit their targets, and everything went according to their plan. It's not so black & white, but rather a shade of gray.

I learnt a lot from that experience and it will only make me tougher & stronger going forward.

I read your whole other thread, same conclusions.

What are you going to do in the next 7 days to kickstart your entrepreneurial journey?

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
Lol your threads are hilarious dude, because you’re trying too hard.

I personally don’t have a problem with you if you figured out a way to make money in 1-year that took someone else 10-15 years to make.

I don’t have a problem if you provided 0 value to the world and came up with millions or billions through some speculative affair.

I think the faster you make your money, the better. But… it’s truly hard to make $10M in 1-year. And hard to replicate that. You say you’re the best on the planet at this. If this is what happens to the best on the planet, can you imagine how hard it is for the average person?

There are inefficiencies in the market, and detecting them and finding a way to exploit them can yield massive sums of money very quickly. Alameda Research and Sam Bankman-Fried found one early on: BTC selling at 15K globally, but going for 20K on Japanese exchanges.

So they had to solve the problem of how to buy from global exchanges and then transfer the BTC over to Japan to sell it, banking an instant profit. What a genius way to make money, I love that. Instant millions.

The only issue is that these things are not sustainable. You maybe find one such window of opportunity and then it’s forever gone. Whereas a business grows every year and builds on itself — making it easier to get new money over time.

Whether it’s because of case studies/testimonials that make future sales easier, a reputation you build in the market, the assets that amass over time — it becomes easier.

That’s what I’ve noticed in both of the two businesses that I’ve built. You create, over time, a competitive advantage for the basic reason that it takes someone else TIME to build what you’ve built.

Like if you wanted to compete with me in lead gen and coaching/training for agency owners you’d need:
- 30+ video testimonials of success
- 10+ lead magnets / assets you can refer to
- 40+ hours of video training, which really takes more like 400 hours to create.
- 55+ templates/guides for implementation
- thousands of posts on social media
- 10000+ email lists and databases
- proprietary method and tool to build prospecting lists
- and so on…

In a certain sense, because of the TIME investment, you’d have to be stupid to compete with me. Just doesn’t make any sense.

There are so many value skews now in what I do, that I effectively don’t have any competition. Yes, there are other lead gen agencies. But are there lead gen agencies that offer coaching? That have experience building an agency before? That focus on the agency niche? And so on… over time, I’ve built something unique, and nothing like it exists.

Myself and many of the members here built our businesses precisely because we were willing to do what others weren’t. That is our competitive advantage: doing what others aren’t happy to do because it’s too slow or whatever.

The result of doing that yields the ultimate competitive advantage: approaching monopoly status, because the costs of someone competing with you get bigger and bigger every new day that you stay on the market.

And it’s all from very simple ideas… my idea is simple. I wanted to be a coach 2 years ago. I figured that instead of working 1 on 1 just coaching agencies and making 6-figures, I could also DO the service for them (heck, I had to do it for myself anyway), and make 7-figures. Ie, incorporate lead gen in the service.

So that’s the result of putting in the time, nothing else. And just not giving up. It’s not a great idea, at least it didn’t start as one. Very basic, simple idea. Which developed over time, as I was building it. Everyone has had the idea. But who was willing to invest to build it out, develop it and make it real over years? Nobody, except me. Everyone else either lacks the experience, doesn’t have my combination of talents/skills, isn’t willing to put in the work, and so on.

So I guess that’s the issue with what you’re doing. Yeah, you could have the good fortune of making a lot of money. But you could also have the bad fortune of making F*ck all and wasting years of life with nothing to show for it at the end. What you’re doing isn’t sustainable. It doesn’t build on itself. It doesn’t make it easier in the future for you to make money. There are no “economies of scale”. You’re basically always back to square one if things don’t work out.
First, congrats on your success - I'm happy to hear you're killing it and your hard work has paid off!

2nd, I never said or believed this was sustainable + repeatable every year. I simply realized that 2021 was going to be THAT year (similar to 2017), and made the tough decision to drop the business I was working on at the time and go ALL-IN on that. This has given more a huge time advantage over anyone else in the crypto space who was doing it part-time, on the weekends, or didn't take it as seriously as me.

Thus it's no wonder and not just a matter of "luck" that time & time again, I was able to find and get into many good projects & unicorns early on while a vast majority of people didn't.

But did I think it was sustainable? Absolutely not - I just realized I had an excellent chance to take full advantage of the new crypto DeFi innovation, go all-in, cash out millions from the most successful tokens, and THEN use all that money to start, grow, and invest in multiple (online) businesses to further accelerate their growth and keep multiplying my money by means I have full control over. A 1 year delay/postponement in exchange for having a great chance to make a shit ton of money is really no big deal.

Starting a business with millions in cash vs 50-100k or less, would have put me at a MASSIVE advantage over almost anyone else; as it would allowed to to spend more money on ads, marketing agencies to do + automate things for me, hire the best consultants in the world to guide me with the right strategies in place, as well as be able to afford hiring A+ players and grow at a faster rate than pretty much any other business in my industry.

But sadly, my selling targets that year were too high and I over-estimated the full potential of my most successful projects; and with a long (or even mid)-term strategy, things did not go as planned at the end.

Finally (and I hope you don't take it the wrong way or get offended), there are still ways someone like me who just started a new business can compete and succeed again someone like you - it ALL has to do with my offer, my positioning, and LEVERAGE. I will talk about this more in my upcoming thread where I document my progress.

Last edited:

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
I read your whole other thread, same conclusions.

What are you going to do in the next 7 days to kickstart your entrepreneurial journey?
No offence, but if you actually read my other posts in full and STILL come to these conclusions - there's something inherently wrong with you/your mindset that you need to work on.

And I'm already doing a lot of things, just finishing up some things and as soon as I do I will document what I did over the last week and my plan for the weeks/months ahead.

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
Tbh, your trading strategy wasn’t very good. If I had a portfolio value of $10M, I’d cash out at least $1M and keep the rest invested. Who cares I could make a lot more, protecting your downside, hedging, is also crucial. Perhaps I would have taken out 20% when hitting $1M, 10% when hitting 2M, 10% also when hitting 5M and 5% when hitting $10M. That way you’d have come out with like $1.4M out of this whole affair. Taking gains is important while trading/investing.

Also, I never suggested that what you did was purely a matter of luck. I can see how you did work that others didn’t which positioned you in a place where you could hit the jackpot with much better odds.

That is true, but not directly. You can offer an alternative to what I do, but you’ll struggle to offer a substitute, because nobody would buy the substitute if they knew about me.

So for example, I still have very large indirect competitors, most of them providing a very different growth model for agencies compared to mine, that relies mostly on content, while mine relies on outreach.

If someone buys theirs, they probably won’t buy mine, at least not at the same time. I am working on ways to defeat them, but that will still take me years, because they are entrenched and have strong differentiators that I lack (for example, some of them have content studios where they invite the most famous influencers in the world to shoot etc.) — that attracts massive audiences and provides differentiation that I can’t yet outflank.

Also, brand > positioning + offer, at least in B2B. People want to work with people they trust.
I agree, my trading strategy wasn't smart and I admit it, but I never considered myself as a trader in the 1st place, but rather an INVESTOR. Investors typically buy something once, hold it long-term, and don't look at the charts every day (maybe one a week at most, others once a month). If I didn't have this investor mindset, I wouldn't have gotten to a multi 7fig token worth of tokens in the 1st place, but on the positive I would have secured more money in the bag so there are advantages & disadvantages to both methods. Still, to me 1 month did not feel like a long time at all, and felt like there was still a lot more room for growth (as 99% of the time is the case with most regular projects) - but as it turned out 1 month was its peak.

If I could go back and change my strategy, I would probably be fully cashing out every single memecoin that I reached a $2-3m valuation with. ESPECIALLY the 1st one to secure the milly bag, and then I could have afforded the risk and wait longer with all the other ones, where the worst case scenerio is I would still have 2-3m even if they went to 0. This is the biggest lesson I learned, and something I will apply in the future without a doubt.

In terms of the business comment - I agree people want to work with people they trust, yes, which gives you an advantage to GET a client - but to KEEP a client you must get them amazing results. And the more results + case studies you have that are consistent across all clients you work with with an amazing track record, the more likely they are to stay and for new ones to join.

And although both are important, I would argue that results triumph brand, because I would rather work with someone I may not "personally" like (or one I'm neutral with, but def not someone I wanna be friends with) who can give me a 5x ROAS, vs someone I personally really "like", but gives me a 3x ROAS, or worse, terrible results. Hence the saying "it's nothing personal, it's just business".

And since I do not have the "brand" yet, my strategy is to focus on getting them amazing RESULTS, and make them an offer SO GOOD, they would feel STUPID if they don't take advantage of it, as they would have little to nothing to lose and a LOT to gain. For example, no upfront investment and performance based pay - which will be part of my core offer.

Last edited:

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
We’re all just jealous haters because you make millions and millions and we are all out here slaving away like morons spending time having to learn how to provide value to the marketplace
I know you're trying to be funny & act like a troll, but I can guarantee that you nor anyone else here would start a business and "provide value to the markplace" if it was for FREE or if they didn't get PAID for it.

At the end of the day, a business isn't a real business unless it is profitable and makes money. Otherwise, it would be more of a hobby or a charity. Which means that 90% of people started their business to make lots of money in order to achieve financial freedom, NOT for the main purpose of just wanting to "give value", particularly in the beginning if they started without a lot of money to their name. Some are exceptions to this, but the majority would agree (or lie and pretend like that's not the actual/real motive).

However, later on once they become financially free, it is very true that if they start more businesses after already "making it", they probably care less about the money and more about doing it for the value & good of the world. Rarely is it the case initially though.

And whether someone makes their money via a business, a job, or by trading/investing - it doesn't really matter from the money perspective, except for the fact that doing it via a business is arguably more internally rewarding/fulfilling, but also carries A LOT more responsibilities - and that's certainly not for everyone.

Having a business isn't the only way to become rich, particularly at this day & age, but it arguably provides someone with the best odds of getting there and is the most common path for many reasons.

Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I can guarantee that you nor anyone else here would start a business and "provide value to the markplace" if it was for FREE or if they didn't get PAID for it.
Oh yeah, @Johnny boy for sure doesn’t care about providing value, when some Karen gives him an attitude he just charges her card for the year and then uses her contract as toilet paper.

I’m also in it for the money. Providing value is merely a tool, but ultimately making money is what counts.

But… @Johnny boy is learning to be more politically correct, because now that he plans to get others to build franchises for him, he fears for his reputation!

If you are seeking for someone who just cares about providing value, and not about money, that’s my alter ego, @BizyDad (who is right now contemplating the injustice that a youngster made $10M in 1 year while providing ZERO value)

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
1697216795584.png

You can literally create a fake cryptocurrency market. How does having any coin have any inherent value to today's world?

1697216865454.png

In essence, you're just trading one hyperreality for another and watching your stock or amount of tokens rise and fall in price. Then you'd profit in between...

Please tell me what inherent value does Crypto have when it's not the main currency today to purchase products or services?

What am I supposed to do with a Single bitcoin that is man-made by another person? It's literally a get-rich-quick scheme without actually building something that could take 5 years or more.

Value in essence is helping another person who has a problem. Here's my problem, could you teach me how to create an income that can help me pay off my debt if you have earned millions?

What's the process? What can I do?

Value can be provided not just by selling products/services that solve a problem. It could even be as something simple as talking to a homeless lady on the street or talking to a friend in distress because of his job/loneliness. It could be creating a website for a small company just starting. Value doesn't always have to be related to earning money.

It's showing empathy, and helping your community/others in any way shape, or form. For example, I helped another Amazon Delivery Driver load his truck because it looked like he was in a rush. Maybe he had a bad day? If we didn't help him, he was probably going to be far behind on schedule and they only have 20 minutes to load their trucks.

How about actually donating to causes or foundations that present themselves at Walmart? Or it could just be even as simple as talking to your Grandmother who will die soon of hospice and wants to spend her last dying breath with her family members because she's afraid to leave this earth.

Or how about helping a kitten whose mother abandoned it and taking it to the shelter?

Everyone has problems, problems that can be solved. Taking care of another person is much better than being focused on making as much money as possible in a short period of time. I had to learn this the hard way 2 years ago when I first jumped in the Arena for my first-ever network event.

I tried to sell a dude a $1,000 project because I was desperate for money when I had my first encounter with a lawsuit for a small claims court case.

People can smell desperation. I know this now and it's not fun when people can smell this. They avoid you at all costs. You become obsessed. You don't become a person of value, I feel guilt for this for what I did last year. But it's never a spot I want to be in again. It's not fun to be a person as such. You lose yourself and who you really are when money is all you focus on.

People > Money. Money is the by-product of a job well done in solving another person's problem. If you help another person with a job, a task, a problem, a project, or whatever it is you will be rewarded for it.

A small example: I was on a contract for 8 Days, and became friends with the owner Robert. Blew the project out of the water. He and is team thanked me greatly. It feels great to help another person. Just hearing from others that you did a job well done makes you feel valued. And feeling valued for the work that you do is the most happiness of all, versus when you are not praised and feel empty.

I can't tell you how many times, that all I ever wanted to hear was a simple "Thank you." A simple thank you to me is so much better than just making money for the sake of it. A simple thank you warms the heart.

Making connections with others who also value you is means so much to when you don't have it. If money is all you see and nothing else, you will fall.

Another example: When I was working on a project with a girl named Jess. He skept praising over and over again about how she loves the website I created for her business. But in fact, I thought my skills were very low key, not great. But She made me feel whole. All of that appreciation she showed, I haven't received in a long-time. It's one of the most memorable experiences I will not forget. When your at work or doing a job and this doesn't happen. You just feel empty.

Last edited:

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
Oh yeah, @Johnny boy for sure doesn’t care about providing value, when some Karen gives him an attitude he just charges her card for the year and then uses her contract as toilet paper.

I’m also in it for the money. Providing value is merely a tool, but ultimately making money is what counts.

But… @Johnny boy is learning to be more politically correct, because now that he plans to get others to build franchises for him, he fears for his reputation!

If you are seeking for someone who just cares about providing value, and not about money, that’s my alter ego, @BizyDad (who is right now contemplating the injustice that a youngster made $10M in 1 year while providing ZERO value)
Value is also very subjective.

Me starting a business that provides house cleaning services may be "valuable" but certainly isn't gonna change someone's life and I can be easily replaced with someone else who does the same thing.

On the other hand, me starting a memecoin with plans to create an awesome community from it, add some great utlities such as a P2E game, and at the same time help people make a lot of money from that; OR instead be an investor, share my investments with friends/community, and help people there make life changing money (whether I do it for free or as part of a paid membership community) - I would argue that this is actually WAY more valuable than getting paid to clean people's homes, mown their lawn, and other related services of this type.

It's just my opinion so feel free to disagree, but to each their own.

It's just pretty sad that most people assume that EVERY crypto project (even the memecoins), is a shitcoin, ponzi or scam when that's certainly not the case. There are many innovative projects out there that are very ambitious and aim to achieve big things, but did not have a huge presale or raised millions of dollars to get it off the ground (like some of the big ones have).

Last edited:

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
View attachment 51856

You can literally create a fake cryptocurrency market. How does having any coin have any inherent value to today's world?

View attachment 51857

In essence, you're just trading one hyperreality for another and watching your stock or amount of tokens rise and fall in price. Then you'd profit in between...

Please tell me what inherent value does Crypto have when it's not the main currency today to purchase products or services?

What am I supposed to do with a Single bitcoin that is man-made by another person? It's literally a get-rich-quick scheme without actually building something that could take 5 years or more.

Value in essence is helping another person who has a problem. Here's my problem, could you teach me how to create an income that can help me pay off my debt if you have earned millions?

What's the process? What can I do?

Value can be provided not just by selling products/services that solve a problem. It could even be as something simple as talking to a homeless lady on the street or talking to a friend in distress because of his job/loneliness. It could be creating a website for a small company just starting. Value doesn't always have to be related to earning money.

It's showing empathy, and helping your community/others in any way shape, or form. For example, I helped another Amazon Delivery Driver load his truck because it looked like he was in a rush. Maybe he had a bad day? If we didn't help him, he was probably going to be far behind on schedule and they only have 20 minutes to load their trucks.

How about actually donating to causes or foundations that present themselves at Walmart? Or it could just be even as simple as talking to your Grandmother who will die soon of hospice and wants to spend her last dying breath with her family members because she's afraid to leave this earth.

Or how about helping a kitten whose mother abandoned it and taking it to the shelter?

Everyone has problems, problems that can be solved. Taking care of another person is much better than being focused on making as much money as possible in a short period of time. I had to learn this the hard way 2 years ago when I first jumped in the Arena for my first-ever network event.

I tried to sell a dude a $1,000 project because I was desperate for money when I had my first encounter with a lawsuit for a small claims court case.

People can smell desperation. I know this now and it's not fun when people can smell this. They avoid you at all costs. You become obsessed. You don't become a person of value, I feel guilt for this for what I did last year. But it's never a spot I want to be in again. It's not fun to be a person as such. You lose yourself and who you really are when money is all you focus on.

People > Money. Money is the by-product of a job well done in solving another person's problem. If you help another person with a job, a task, a problem, a project, or whatever it is you will be rewarded for it.

A small example: I was on a contract for 8 Days, and became friends with the owner Robert. Blew the project out of the water. He and is team thanked me greatly. It feels great to help another person. Just hearing from others that you did a job well done makes you feel valued. And feeling valued for the work that you do is the most happiness of all, versus when you are not praised and feel empty.

I can't tell you how many times, that all I ever wanted to hear was a simple "Thank you." A simple thank you to me is so much better than just making money for the sake of it. A simple thank you warms the heart.

Making connections with others who also value you is means so much to when you don't have it. If money is all you see and nothing else, you will fall.

Another example: When I was working on a project with a girl named Jess. He skept praising over and over again about how she loves the website I created for her business. But in fact, I thought my skills were very low key, not great. But She made me feel whole. All of that appreciation she showed, I haven't received in a long-time. It's one of the most memorable experiences I will not forget. When your at work or doing a job and this doesn't happen. You just feel empty.
Didn't read the whole thing, but basically the value of a coin/project isn't the token in of itself, otherwise nothing besides the supply would separate it from bitcoin - it's the additional products, apps, and/or ecosystem the team tries to build ON TOP of the native coin that makes it valuable and innovative, with the native token being used as the core currency in the ecosystem.

That's the short version of it.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't read the whole thing, but basically the value of a coin/project isn't the token in of itself, otherwise nothing besides the supply would separate it from bitcoin - it's the additional products, apps, and/or ecosystem the team tries to build ON TOP of the native coin that makes it valuable and innovative, with the native token being used as the core currency in the ecosystem.

That's the short version of it.
I have nothing else to say, but to wish you all best and luck in your journey my dude.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Nov 21, 2016
I have nothing else to say, but to wish you all best and luck in your journey my dude.
He's going to have a lot of backtracking to do when he finds out the "shortcut" is actually a dead end.

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
He's going to have a lot of backtracking to do when he finds out the "shortcut" is actually a dead end.
That's funny coming from a guy who literally DMd me a few hours ago asking if I offer coaching.

Attachments

• Jon DM.png
    Jon DM.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 35

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
There is no short cut even for me and I was reminded of it. But yes. It is dead end.

I'm in the middle of the process right now. It's not fun. I cannot comprehend how someone thinks that making millions is easy.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
Thank you, good luck to you as well!

And I never said I'm ONLY doing things for the money, but I certainly wouldn't be doing it if I didn't get paid or rewarded in any way.

I don't mind nor am I against even offering valuable products for free, but at some point you have to charge for your products/services because you're building a business and not a hobby. And that's the ONLY way we can achieve financial freedom nowadays and afford whatever we want.

Money is just a tool/reward/vehicle, but the ultimate dream for me is financial freedom, living life on my terms, and doing things that enrich my soul + challenge me to reach my highest potential. For this to happen, having & multiplying money is part of the equation.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Nov 21, 2016
That's funny coming from a guy who literally DMd me a few hours ago asking if I offer coaching.
Because I knew you'd take the bait and point me to some random guru

Your entire story is BS and you're just here to peddle nonsense in the hopes of getting rich quick and easy. You keep doubling down on shitcoins as "legitimate businesses".

The fact that you believed you got a legitimate request for coaching/investing advice because you wrote about how you made $10m and then lost it says all anyone needs to know about you.

You're either going to learn very quickly that you can't sell snake oil to real salesmen and to start on a real entrepreneurial journey or you'll be gone soon. This thread has no value and I shouldn't have added to it.

Last edited:

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
Because I knew you'd take the bait and point me to some random guru
1697224084612.png

Your entire story is BS and you're just here to peddle nonsense in the hopes of getting rich quick and easy. You keep doubling down on shitcoins as "legitimate businesses".

The fact that you believed you got a legitimate request for coaching/investing advice because wrote about how you made $10m and then lost it says all anyone needs to know about you.

You're either going to learn very quickly that you can't sell snake oil to real salesmen and to start on a real entrepreneurial journey or you'll be gone soon. This thread has no value and I shouldn't have added to it.
No I'm not, this is what I used to do before but not anymore because
1. I stopped enjoying it, and
2 . It's virtually impossible to make the same kind of money I did in 2021 given the current market state

I've moved on to bigger & better things. And it's funny & sad at the same time how you thought you could set me up, but instead got played & exposed yourself LOL. Shows your true character right there.

And it's pretty sad how negative & close-minded you are to believe that since I'm not in a position to offer coaching myself, me referring you to a person who I believe could help you with that if you were ACTUALLY serious and not a fking TROLL, is a scammer or would scam you - without first knowing who he is, nor doing any research on him yourself. The guy is worth mid 8figs+ by now I'm sure, and has nothing to gain by scamming you for a a mere $75/m membership which has changed many people's lives. He doesn't need or care about your money, he just genuinely wants to help as many people as he can and if you don't want to sign up to his or other similar programs, he can care less and it's your loss. He has almost nothing to gain from you joining than the value you can gain by joining.

I also have absolutely nothing to gain by sharing his membership & socials with you, he doesn't even know who I am. All this shows is that with that kind of mindset, you'll never achieve or amount to anything great in life.

Last edited:

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
What is the purpose of this thread?
The purpose was to reply to MJ's last post on my original thread to clarify and touch on a few important things.

Not sure if he saw it or not, but either way I will soon stop replying to people on here because it's just a waste of time. Looks like nothing I say makes sense to some people here.

People keep talking shit about my crypto/investing experience, when it's already all in the past, simply part of my story, and most of all is not part of my plans for the near future. Pretty sad and did not see it coming, but it is what it is.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...