The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need help refining my subtitle for book on branding and sales.

Gregory Diehl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 10, 2016
Kalavan, Armenia
I used Pickfu to poll 50 random people on which subtitle would work better: https://www.pickfu.com/09X7KC
  1. How to Show Your Company's Value and Make People Want to Buy from You
  2. How to Tell Your Company’s Story and Make Your Products Irresistible
#2 got 60% of the votes. Not a huge margin, but some interesting comments. People liked the verb "show" in the first one better, but "story" and "irresistible" in the second.

So maybe I should combine them into something like:

"How to Show Company's Value and Make Your Products Irresistible."

or

"Using Your Company's Story to Show Value and Make Your Products Irresistible."

What do y'all think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
Where are you publishing - Amazon?

I think getting peoples feedback is an awesome idea, but don't forget Amazon's feedback!

There are gobs of tools out there like MerchantWords.com, and KDSpy that will show you exactly which keywords you should have in your title and how they perform.

One of the best methods (costs $ though) is to use Facebook Ads and A-B test the title. This is the QUICKEST way and it's not necessarily a loss either because you keep the people who clicked on your titles as subscribers.

You can also A-B test your covers+titles for free at Ratebookcover.com

When it comes to "How To" books you can use the old method of trying your title/keywords in the amazon search window.
I did this and bumped my downloads up by 50+ per day.

More here
http://www.zbooks.co/2015/04/how-to-create-titles-that-sell-more.html

Hope this helps
Brgs
Eric

Gregory Diehl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 10, 2016
Kalavan, Armenia

I think getting peoples feedback is an awesome idea, but don't forget Amazon's feedback!

There are gobs of tools out there like MerchantWords.com, and KDSpy that will show you exactly which keywords you should have in your title and how they perform.

One of the best methods (costs $ though) is to use Facebook Ads and A-B test the title. This is the QUICKEST way and it's not necessarily a loss either because you keep the people who clicked on your titles as subscribers.

When it comes to "How To" books you can use the old method of trying your title/keywords in the amazon search window.

More here

Hope this helps
Brgs
Eric

Thanks Eric. I'm currently thinking of using:
"How to Craft Your Company's Story to Make Your Products Irresistible."

And I can add the headline on the cover:
"This book will teach you how to communicate value and get more money for your products or services."

It will be published on Amazon in print, ebook, and audiobook: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C37VTAW/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
I think your current title is ok as is. see screenshot.
Screenshot 2016-04-06 at 22.23.47.png
Your book is already ranking on the first page for your chosen keywords-as a preorder! - the category is OK, not a killer one, but not that bad either.

For further refinement you really need to use the tools, like Kdspy above or merchantwords, and/or facebook ads or similar.
With facebook ads you will not only get the title right but build your audience for a better launch, AND keep your list warm.

Also what category is it in?
I would choose small business in this case for sure:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/8493737011/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

It only takes 45 sales per day to get on that page, and you can easily do that with a book promo service.

Hope this helps
E.

Also, you -MUST- make a print version (with createspace)!

Gregory Diehl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 10, 2016
Kalavan, Armenia
I think your current title is ok as is. see screenshot.
View attachment 11952
Your book is already ranking on the first page for your chosen keywords-as a preorder! - the category is OK, not a killer one, but not that bad either.

For further refinement you really need to use the tools, like Kdspy above or merchantwords, and/or facebook ads or similar.
With facebook ads you will not only get the title right but build your audience for a better launch, AND keep your list warm.

Also what category is it in?
I would choose small business in this case for sure:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/8493737011/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

It only takes 45 sales per day to get on that page, and you can easily do that with a book promo service.

Hope this helps
E.

Also, you -MUST- make a print version (with createspace)!

The first category I chose is:
Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Public Relations

For the second one, I've narrowed it down to one of the following:
Business & Money : Entrepreneurship & Small Business : Small Business
Business & Money : Business Life : Motivation & Self-Improvement
Business & Money : Entrepreneurship & Small Business : Starting a Business
Business & Money : Skills : Communications
Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Social Psychology & Interactions
Self-Help > Communication & Social Skills

DaveC

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Oct 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
Totally agree with the A-B tests. Surveys are good but sometimes what people say they like and what they buy are different.

More here

Hope this helps
Brgs
Eric

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
Read this;
http://archangelink.com/how-to-write-a-nonfiction-bestseller/

Saw your webpage - good job!

I think the success of your book now -at this point- rests more on how you can work your audience and build it up.

In the article above he talks about a "500 sales breakthrough", he is totally right about that.

Just 2 weeks ago I launched a book with Buck Books promo services and hit #2 ,3, and #8 on that SMALL BUSINESS category in -zon.

Right next to Gary Vaynerchuck, the E-Myth ------and ABOVE Millionaire Fastlane !

But, and this is a BIG BUT, your book will quickly drop off that page if you don't have the momentum.

I don't know how big your audience is or your list, but you need over 1,000 true fans to get that "500 sales breakthrough".

Will post screenshots later.stdby

Brgs.

Gregory Diehl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 10, 2016
Kalavan, Armenia
Read this;

I think the success of your book now -at this point- rests more on how you can work your audience and build it up.

In the article above he talks about a "500 sales breakthrough", he is totally right about that.

Just 2 weeks ago I launched a book with Buck Books promo services and hit #2 ,3, and #8 on that SMALL BUSINESS category in -zon.

Right next to Gary Vaynerchuck, the E-Myth ------and ABOVE Millionaire Fastlane !

But, and this is a BIG BUT, your book will quickly drop off that page if you don't have the momentum.

I don't know how big your audience is or your list, but you need over 1,000 true fans to get that "500 sales breakthrough".

Brgs.
My problem is I'm working from mostly no audience of my own. I'm trying to make up for it by promoting through people I've worked with who do have large audiences. I've looked into Buck Books and some others though. Any others you specifically recommend?

Gregory Diehl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 10, 2016
Kalavan, Armenia
Read this;

Brgs.
By the way, if you want to take a look at my book (or a listen), I just uploaded the rough audio of the first section of the audio recording here:

Feedback is always welcome.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
My problem is I'm working from mostly no audience of my own. I'm trying to make up for it by promoting through people I've worked with who do have large audiences. I've looked into Buck Books and some others though. Any others you specifically recommend?

Buck Books is the best for beginners for sure, you don't need a minimum amount of reviews etc.
BookBub is the undefeated champion for sure, with their list of over 1 million subscribers. You are guaranteed sales, but they are very expensive and don't accept books with less than 75 reviews.

I think your strategy of hooking up with influencers is the best of all.

Add facebook ads to that and maybe a blog tour:
http://www.thebookdesigner.com/2014/02/greg-strandberg/

Here is a good list of book promotion sites:
http://www.paidauthor.com/best-ebook-promotion-sites/

But I wouldn't bother too much with those, unless you have someone else do all that footwork for you.
I would concentrate on getting an influencer with 10k audience to promote you.

And if that doesn't work then definitely crank up the FB ads.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.