The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No Code SaaS, What do you all think? Next big opportunity or the Flavour of the month?

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

alexXx9

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Sep 4, 2023
I recently came across some videos on youtube, I have been inspired by some young entrepreneur

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySw6C0WS45I

Like this 21 years old guy who managed to sell his No Code SaaS for Over 1 Million Dollars!

It does seem Fastlane to me...

Control ...Some might argue that you don't have control if you build your own SaaS on a proprietary platform, but, with some of these platforms you can export the whole database and code and so you can own the code yourself.

Entry: At the moment the space doesn't seem SOOOO overcrowded, up until now software had a huge barrier to entry, now with Low Code or No Code Saas it's been easier, sure, maybe in 5-10 years it's gonna be as easy as building a wordpress blog, but for now, i think there's still not enough knowledge and it's still something new, a possible trend that can be exploited in the next few years...

Need: There's for sure space for new, innovative, functional services, some that comes to mind is for example a better email list software that is cheaper, a better platform to post content across multiple platforms, better tools to track data on Amazon KDP for example etc etc

Time: The fulfillment itself of a software company IS the software itself, sure, you'll probably need human resourses such as developers, customer support (even if you can use AI chatbots at least in the beginning) but it can for sure be somewhat detached from you.

Scale.... Yes, it is extremely scalable, no doubt about this and the good thing about softwares is that you are building equity and as for now, softwares have the biggest multiplier for a big liquidation event, I've seen some SaaS that were making 6k revenue per month sold for 300k $...
REVENUE, not profit

What do you guys think of this relatively new world? Is it worth it to jump in it?

I am still evaluating which kind of skills I can acquire that could help in my Fastlane process, and No Code Development could be one of this new high demand, high leverage, high demand skills, you can start freelancing, then open a No-Code dev agency and then move to build your own thing after you start to generate some cash flow and acquire some experience, what do you guys think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
No code tools have become incredibly powerful and there is still a significant learning curve to them. You still have know programming terms and some basics. I'm referring to no-code tools like Recode and Bubble, not Wix or Wordpress.

alexXx9

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Sep 4, 2023
No code tools have become incredibly powerful and there is still a significant learning curve to them. You still have know programming terms and some basics. I'm referring to no-code tools like Recode and Bubble, not Wix or Wordpress.

So, you're validating my point, there's a shortage of No-Code developers on Apps such as Bubble and so if one has to start from scratch the approach No-Code developer Freelance --> 5-15K per month----> Scale to NO Code Agency---> Build your own SaaS----> Fast Lane exit is a viable way, what do you think?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If immense value is delivered combined with good marketing, does it matter how the product was built?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Most people on IndieHackers use some kind of no-code tools. The average person there is happy to make $1000 a month. Granted, there are people doing extremely well with it but you're mistaking the business model for the business. As @MJ DeMarco said, focus on the product, not the way it's created/delivered.

Athena_

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 3, 2021
India
Most people on IndieHackers use some kind of no-code tools. The average person there is happy to make $1000 a month. Granted, there are people doing extremely well with it but you're mistaking the business model for the business. As @MJ DeMarco said, focus on the product, not the way it's created/delivered.
Yes but for someone who lacks skills to go fastlane, learning no code tool like bubble can be a good option, I have bought udemy course about bubble but couldn't finish it, so there is still barrier to entry because one has to learn it properly

Gordon2297

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 19, 2023
France
I didn’t know anything about bubble three months ago, and anything about development / internet / business… last year, and I’m launching 2 applications I developed on Bubble this week !

I don’t know if it will work but I’m very confident in the process, so if I mess up this one, I’ll do it better next time with what I learned.

Those no code software are hidden gold, I’m sure of that!

circleme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 17, 2023
It's good, especially for all things frontend. I'm a ex-backend dev myself and I hate everything which has to do with frontend. Here, no-code tools got very handy, as you can create your frontend with tools like bubble and write your own backend and connect it with your frontend.

I did not use Bubble for any real life product, but I would take the bubble route if I had to develop a full-blown SaaS web application. In my case, only for the frontend, but that alone saves you a ton of time. The other option would be to figure it out yourself or using some boilerplate, which also involves a lot of work.

When those applications get better with backend-stuff, I don't see the need for basic CRUD applications written from ground up in the near future anymore.

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Aug 24, 2023
Last edited:

Michael Ankrah

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 23, 2023
So what you are saying is to use the web design agency idea but with the no code agency right?
I recently came across some videos on youtube, I have been inspired by some young entrepreneur

Like this 21 years old guy who managed to sell his No Code SaaS for Over 1 Million Dollars!

Control ...Some might argue that you don't have control if you build your own SaaS on a proprietary platform, but, with some of these platforms you can export the whole database and code and so you can own the code yourself.

Entry: At the moment the space doesn't seem SOOOO overcrowded, up until now software had a huge barrier to entry, now with Low Code or No Code Saas it's been easier, sure, maybe in 5-10 years it's gonna be as easy as building a wordpress blog, but for now, i think there's still not enough knowledge and it's still something new, a possible trend that can be exploited in the next few years...

Need: There's for sure space for new, innovative, functional services, some that comes to mind is for example a better email list software that is cheaper, a better platform to post content across multiple platforms, better tools to track data on Amazon KDP for example etc etc

Time: The fulfillment itself of a software company IS the software itself, sure, you'll probably need human resourses such as developers, customer support (even if you can use AI chatbots at least in the beginning) but it can for sure be somewhat detached from you.

Scale.... Yes, it is extremely scalable, no doubt about this and the good thing about softwares is that you are building equity and as for now, softwares have the biggest multiplier for a big liquidation event, I've seen some SaaS that were making 6k revenue per month sold for 300k $...
REVENUE, not profit

What do you guys think of this relatively new world? Is it worth it to jump in it?

I am still evaluating which kind of skills I can acquire that could help in my Fastlane process, and No Code Development could be one of this new high demand, high leverage, high demand skills, you can start freelancing, then open a No-Code dev agency and then move to build your own thing after you start to generate some cash flow and acquire some experience, what do you guys think?

REVENUE, not profit

So technically what you are saying is to use the web design agency idea but as a no code agency right?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.