The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[PROGRESS THREAD] - My Journey To Becoming A Successful "Creatorpreneur"

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 21, 2023
Alright. Hey - I'll probably just use this post to introduce myself, my purpose, my ambitions, etc.

I'm 15, I'm ambitious about entrepreneurship, business, etc. And I want to start a YouTube channel.

This thread is just going to be me posting every so often about my progress, I want to be as authentic as possible, and I want to look back in 5-10 years at this, and reminisce about my start.

The reason I want to build a YouTube channel is simple. I believe it is a very powerful tool to have, and building a brand will allow me to diversify in the future, I had some experience making money with graphic designing and video editing so I have some skills for YouTube.

The niche of the YouTube is channel is under the bracket of wealth, after doing some research I found a gap in the market, in this source of content, and I think I will be able to fill it. Obviously, all of this is speculative, so I'm just going to try and go for it and see what happens.

I've done the 1,5,10 practice in my journal, and I have a list of goals, but the one thing I want to make sure I do it work for 1 hr. a day on the business, doing needle moving tasks, currently I have exams so that's why it's limited to an hour, but after this period, I will extend it and work longer and harder.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 21, 2023
Just some info about where I'm at right now:

- Scripted first video. This video is about a very wide topic in the aims to get lots of eyes on my channel.
- Researching ideas for my next few videos with an aim of creating a catalogue of bingeable content.

[ bc of exams I can't really do much with the editing side of things, but I'm still trying to make progress with production of content in any way possible ]

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 21, 2023
The main goal, the goal I'm obsessing over every day is simple.

Get monetized on YouTube.

All the actions that I do every day must be towards this goal, it should move me further towards this goal. This goal for me is meaningful, because it will be the FIRST sign to me that I am making money. I am building something of myself and it is working.

That is the goal for this year.

Very simple.

I don't need to cloud my mind with other thoughts and other numbers and figures, having one clear thing in my mind to strive for will help me get there.

After I achieve this, then I can think about what's next.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hey I was trying to get into Youtube myself a year ago. Some lessons I learned:

1. Volume is everything. No matter how hard you try, you wont make a great video on your first attempt so instead just focus on realeasing content all throughout social media and often. If you can upload 3 to 7 Videos a week and also produce 1 to 3 Shortform videos a day you will make progress and see results.
In the first YEAR of putting out content you are still just figuring your voice and style. This idea of thinking that one video will get "lots of eyeballs" is sadly delusional. Your first video will get most likely get 0 views. If you promote it to people who might be interested it could maybe get up to 100 but there is no chance of it getting more for now.

2. Dont produce content if you have nothing to say. Nobody wants to watch a 15 year old who just regurgitates the same stuff you hear everywhere else. On that matter, nobody wants to hear a 15 year old giving life advice. So make entertaining content. Since you have no skill in video production and editing its all about getting better at saying things. If you are entertaining enough you can talk about anything and get people who watch you.

3. Stay in it for the long game. Content creation is a really though business to make your first money with. Its going to take you (taking into account your age and low starting point) ~6 Months to 1 Year to get monetised. Throughout all that time you are working probably 4 or more hours every day to upload loads of content. Then once you get monetised you are working probably more than before since you need to deal with more things for ~30 to 200€ a month. Yes it will grow and eventually you can have people working for you. But that is in the timeframe of YEARS.
If you want to archive something you need to stay in the game for a long time without expecting results.

4. F*cking post. It doesnt matter how much you script or edit or whatever, your stuff will suck so get it out there in the market. If you post daily for a year you can be damm sure that you will have gotten some sort of return or success.

I personally dont go after youtube because its a poor opportunity. You need to work for years to get any meaningful monetary return and all that work can be instantly erased when youtube says so. Also that "meaningful return" is literally peanuts. Why would you spent all your time for the chance to earn ~25k a month in 5 to 10 years ?
The opportunity I follow pays me right now, the second I started and has the potential to be a billion $ company...

You do you but if you go down the content route, just F*cking post a lot. Everything else will fall in place when you start doing that.

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 21, 2023
Hey! Thank you for taking the time to reply : )

To address your first few points - I'm not going into this completely unprepared, I've built channels in the past to a couple thousand and got them monetized, but then quit, because the channel was heavily focused on gaming, and I've moved past that point.

I have a few years of experience in video editing, I'm kind of familiar with adobe premiere (granted I have a LOT to learn) but I already know how to navigate myself in the platform. I have been thumbnail designing for money for around 6 months and made a bit there aswell : )

The videos I'll be making are going to be researched, entertaining and valuable - I'm well aware to grow on YouTube you need to be making quality content.

Honestly, I think I can blow up with my first few videos. I really think I've identified a gap in the market - but for now that's all talk and I know I need to put in the work and hours to see results.

The final point about YouTube not having any monetary return - I honestly disagree. I think YouTube is perfect platform to build a brand and an image - the possibilities of monetization are quite endless: Patreon, newsletter, sponsors, affiliates - and once I have a secure brand image I can diversify into other sectors and have YouTube at the core.

I see a lot of people bringing up the point of YouTube terminating you at any second - and honestly who cares. I love the platform and I want to make content that entertains and brings value to a lot of people, I think with youtube aswell, theres so many skills that you can develop.

I'll rather just go for it than live with regret about what could have been.

I'm also well aware of there being other business models that are easier, better. But this is what I'm passionate about, this is what I can see myself doing for the next 10-15 years.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hey! Thank you for taking the time to reply : )

To address your first few points - I'm not going into this completely unprepared, I've built channels in the past to a couple thousand and got them monetized, but then quit, because the channel was heavily focused on gaming, and I've moved past that point.

I have a few years of experience in video editing, I'm kind of familiar with adobe premiere (granted I have a LOT to learn) but I already know how to navigate myself in the platform. I have been thumbnail designing for money for around 6 months and made a bit there aswell : )

The videos I'll be making are going to be researched, entertaining and valuable - I'm well aware to grow on YouTube you need to be making quality content.

Honestly, I think I can blow up with my first few videos. I really think I've identified a gap in the market - but for now that's all talk and I know I need to put in the work and hours to see results.

The final point about YouTube not having any monetary return - I honestly disagree. I think YouTube is perfect platform to build a brand and an image - the possibilities of monetization are quite endless: Patreon, newsletter, sponsors, affiliates - and once I have a secure brand image I can diversify into other sectors and have YouTube at the core.

I see a lot of people bringing up the point of YouTube terminating you at any second - and honestly who cares. I love the platform and I want to make content that entertains and brings value to a lot of people, I think with youtube aswell, theres so many skills that you can develop.

I'll rather just go for it than live with regret about what could have been.

I'm also well aware of there being other business models that are easier, better. But this is what I'm passionate about, this is what I can see myself doing for the next 10-15 years.
Alright nice to hear that you know stuff already.

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 21, 2023
Quick Update:

I was scrolling through twitter looking for some inspiration for content and I went down a rabbit hole of threads talking about viral content, tips, strategies etc. Immediately, I was overcome with a flood of emotions, things like: Is what I'm doing right? Do I need to change something? Do I need to extend my video script length? Is this the right strategy?

I realised that all of those emotions and feelings were absolutely useless, and that twitter is absolutely useless. It's more valuable to work on my video and improve as I go, not doing action faking like "scrolling through twitter".

I'm still in the production phase of my first video, and still been scripting out the next few videos whilst making titles and thumbnails - will update again if something major happens or I post my first video.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 21, 2023
Yup I've read through this. Honestly since last year I significantly cut down on social media, I don't use Instagram anymore because I realized the people I talk to on it are low quality anyway. And I'm honestly so proud of myself for making that move.

But I always catch myself going on twitter or YouTube once in a while for "research" but 9 times out of 10, I'm action faking. I'm striving to reduce this to improve my focus and quality of life.

Good luck on your journey btw - been very keenly following your thread : )

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 21, 2023
Update 1:

Alright, I've officially posted my first video on the channel and I'm going to take this thread to explain my thought process behind this video and what I hope to achieve with the channel as a whole.

A very profitable/lucrative niche on YouTube is wealth, but the content that I see on YouTube around this niche are tutorial based videos or very co-operate based videos. Honestly, I think there's a gap for authentic / laid-back content around this topic.

I might be wrong, but I know for a fact that I like watching content that has personality and entertainment to it and if I combine this with education it could be successful.

The first video that I made is a video to get a lot of eyes on the channel, it follows the trend of "bill wurtz" and it provides a nice overview to the niche.

Making this video was hard tbh, I kept finding myself asking things like - Are people going to like this? Would this actually work? I'm going to be putting countless hours into this project - am i going to find success?

But I told my mind to shut up, and I sat through the recording / scripting / editing process.

Also, I know that I'm not the most qualified to be speaking about these topics, but the whole point is I learn and research everything as I go so I'm exposing myself to a variety of topics.

So.. will this video blow up?

I guess we have to wait to find out.

Last edited:
D

DeletedGuest63x

Update 1:

Alright, I've officially posted my first video on the channel and I'm going to take this thread to explain my thought process behind this video and what I hope to achieve with the channel as a whole.

A very profitable/lucrative niche on YouTube is wealth, but the content that I see on YouTube around this niche are tutorial based videos or very co-operate based videos. Honestly, I think there's a gap for authentic / laid-back content around this topic.

I might be wrong, but I know for a fact that I like watching content that has personality and entertainment to it and if I combine this with education it could be successful.

The first video that I made is a video to get a lot of eyes on the channel, it follows the trend of "bill wurtz" and it provides a nice overview to the niche.

Making this video was hard tbh, I kept finding myself asking things like - Are people going to like this? Would this actually work? I'm going to be putting countless hours into this project - am i going to find success?

But I told my mind to shut up, and I sat through the recording / scripting / editing process.

Also, I know that I'm not the most qualified to be speaking about these topics, but the whole point is I learn and research everything as I go so I'm exposing myself to a variety of topics.

So.. will this video blow up?

I guess we have to wait to find out.
that video is great! what program do you use for video editing? i want to start editing for another side hustle but not sure how to get started

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 21, 2023
that video is great! what program do you use for video editing? i want to start editing for another side hustle but not sure how to get started
i use adobe premiere pro - been editing for ~2 years, just been watching YouTube tutorials.

i'm also going to start doing something to get better at editing - essentially, i pick an effect (transition, text, animation) and i make a clip with it, can be as short as you want.

the idea is you do this every day (you don't need to publish or show to anyone), and eventually you build up a bank of skills that you can seamlessly use in your workflow. by doing this consistently every day you eventually become really good - its also like a discipline thing.

Thank you for checking the video out :)

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 21, 2023
MAJOR Update:

I've found that with this upload I've now been very encapsulated with the progress the video is making. currently the video is sitting around 20 views which is expected for a first video. i need to remember that this is going to take time, and i need to be able to forget and ignore channels around me that are blowing up with 1 video. i am not them and i am on my own journey.

so that takes us to my plan of action.

i am launching Operation
aquaman's Trident [ a 5 video plan that will cause my YouTube channel to blow up and be successful ]
C-OBi4GVoAElOeV.jpg

I'm not going to go in depth of what each video will be - but each one will possess its own purpose, and all the videos will work together to create a BINGE SESSION.

This is currently my main goal, and my main focus for the channel now. i will keep you updated on how each video is going and performing.

Purpose: Create binge sessions with the video as they are all under the sub category of MONEY.

PRONG 1: the history of cryptocurrency, i guess [ overview of a wide topic, following the bill wurtz trend, and provides a nice introduction to channel - also has not been done before with crypto, so it is unique in a sense ]

PRONG 2: X
PRONG 3: X
PRONG 4: X
PRONG 5: X

Will this work out and be successful?

Honestly. Idk. But the best I can do is believe in it and put 100% work in achieving the goal. and eventually, the time will pass by and i will be left with my results.

until next time : )

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
MAJOR Update:

I've found that with this upload I've now been very encapsulated with the progress the video is making. currently the video is sitting around 20 views which is expected for a first video. i need to remember that this is going to take time, and i need to be able to forget and ignore channels around me that are blowing up with 1 video. i am not them and i am on my own journey.

so that takes us to my plan of action.

i am launching Operation
aquaman's Trident [ a 5 video plan that will cause my YouTube channel to blow up and be successful ]
C-OBi4GVoAElOeV.jpg

I'm not going to go in depth of what each video will be - but each one will possess its own purpose, and all the videos will work together to create a BINGE SESSION.

This is currently my main goal, and my main focus for the channel now. i will keep you updated on how each video is going and performing.

Purpose: Create binge sessions with the video as they are all under the sub category of MONEY.

PRONG 1: the history of cryptocurrency, i guess [ overview of a wide topic, following the bill wurtz trend, and provides a nice introduction to channel - also has not been done before with crypto, so it is unique in a sense ]

PRONG 2: X
PRONG 3: X
PRONG 4: X
PRONG 5: X

Will this work out and be successful?

Honestly. Idk. But the best I can do is believe in it and put 100% work in achieving the goal. and eventually, the time will pass by and i will be left with my results.

until next time : )
I like your determination and want to share some thoughts that may help you.

You seem to have a goal of blowing up your channel. Great if you do but you are investing a lot of emotion into something you really can't control - at least not initially. Set some goals that you can control and then take pride in the fact that you achieved them. Goals like publishing a new video every week and spending 1 hour a day researching other videos to come up with new ideas to try are more achievable and will get you further.

Too many YouTubers get hung up on blowing up a channel and then give up when it doesn't happen after 5 or 10 videos. YouTube for the most "successful" channels is a long-term game where consistency and continuous improvement pay off. You also won't make those improvements by just churning out videos. There needs to be a deliberate intention to make each video better in some way. That's what makes the difference.

Look hard at the "hype" around channels that "blow up". Yes, it does happen, but often there's someone trying to sell you something. Their secret that if you knew it, would blow up your channel. And of course, they will charge you for this because if they didn't you probably wouldn't use it. Then when it doesn't work, they have another secret to sell you.

Getting 20 views for your first video isn't bad either. I know people who do publish regularly and who don't get many more views. Now find just three things that you can improve and when you are clear on what they are, go publish the next video.

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 21, 2023
I like your determination and want to share some thoughts that may help you.

You seem to have a goal of blowing up your channel. Great if you do but you are investing a lot of emotion into something you really can't control - at least not initially. Set some goals that you can control and then take pride in the fact that you achieved them. Goals like publishing a new video every week and spending 1 hour a day researching other videos to come up with new ideas to try are more achievable and will get you further.

Too many YouTubers get hung up on blowing up a channel and then give up when it doesn't happen after 5 or 10 videos. YouTube for the most "successful" channels is a long-term game where consistency and continuous improvement pay off. You also won't make those improvements by just churning out videos. There needs to be a deliberate intention to make each video better in some way. That's what makes the difference.

Look hard at the "hype" around channels that "blow up". Yes, it does happen, but often there's someone trying to sell you something. Their secret that if you knew it, would blow up your channel. And of course, they will charge you for this because if they didn't you probably wouldn't use it. Then when it doesn't work, they have another secret to sell you.

Getting 20 views for your first video isn't bad either. I know people who do publish regularly and who don't get many more views. Now find just three things that you can improve and when you are clear on what they are, go publish the next video.
Thank you for your advice.

I agree its not healthy to be fixated on blowing up - I'll try not be in this mindset and work on making each upload better

D

DeletedGuest63x

as someone who worked with many youtubers in my country (all above 1m subs) i can guatantee that your channel will blow up in less than a year as long as you keep uploading videos with the same quality. can you share stats of your video? things like ctr and avd

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 21, 2023
as someone who worked with many youtubers in my country (all above 1m subs) i can guatantee that your channel will blow up in less than a year as long as you keep uploading videos with the same quality. can you share stats of your video? things like ctr and avd
im planning on only increasing the quality astronomically :)

imo rn the stats are quite useless - there's just not that much data + a lot of the views so far are from this forum aha
1685612544997.png

im just gonna leave it alone for now and focus on the next upload.

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 21, 2023
gonna be updating this post every month from now on - shifting the focus to creating a intriguing story and sparking emotion.

next update - 01/07/23 (reminder to me)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.