The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Hello Happy People, well , I hope your day is filled with happiness. Yesterday, it hit me more than 15 years ago I was thanking God, for allowing me to be rich while doing nothing but smoking cigarettes and depending on the lottery and American family publishers to turn me into a multi -millionaire while working in restaurants and poor labor jobs. The people I hung around were equally poor and not all but some. Whining about their lives without changing choices. After, my Father; died in 2007, I decided to change choices. in 2010 , I bought TMF and it speedup my life change (Thank you, MJ) today, the people I have around me are smart and have made good choices and their income reflects that. It is amazing how with a change of mindset your environment becomes so different.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
@DarkKnight sir i am 18 years old Trying to get into research field. For that i am giving entrance examination for IISER( Indian institute of science and research). Last year i passed 12th and gave 1st attempt out of 2 and got 6.k something rank in india, but didn't get a seat. Now i tried again but this year the test was harder. Now comes plan B i got admission in Bsc (NAAC rank A college in my own city). And after doing Bsc i am thinking to do Msc physics aboard. What are your suggestion regarding this?

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
You could even have caught it at 0,9996 earlier today. Well, actually our beloved Lagarde, whom the whole world envies us, promised the ECB balance sheet would go down, somehow. She held true to her words, it just didn't happen the way you expected it.

View: https://twitter.com/QuintenFrancois/status/1545408189591683074

G

Guest-5ty5s4

You could even have caught it at 0,9996 earlier today. Well, actually our beloved Lagarde, whom the whole world envies us, promised the ECB balance sheet would go down, somehow. She held true to her words, it just didn't happen the way you expected it.

View: https://twitter.com/QuintenFrancois/status/1545408189591683074
Have to say, this is pretty transparent at least. And this video gives me the impression that European citizens are a lot more informed and involved than my fellow Americans, but of course, this is a microscopic sample.

The USA Fed Chairs would never be treated like that on any program.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Wow Calgary sucks. The nature nearby is absolutely top notch. Rivers, lakes, prime areas of the Rocky Mountains. However, daily life blows. The traffic is nuts. Even with no traffic it takes forever to get anywhere with all the red lights you end up sitting at.

Urban sprawl. Everything you need is 6km away, and then everything else you need is 6km from there. And you sit at lights, and sit at lights, and sit at lights... Waiting waiting waiting.

All I want here is massive amounts of natural gas and generators, safety and stability, and some nice flat land. I can live here 4 months a year in the forests, and then bugger off the rest of the year. Every day I like it here less and less.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
495%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Well worth reading. Here’s what the WEF plan looks like when it’s seen to completion

Could be good podcast material @Kak, a real example of everything you’ve been talking about

Last edited:

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Spend enough time talking with people who have the life you want, and you'll begin to catch on to how it is they communicate.

The words they use, how they ask questions, when they choose to insert humor.

Inching towards that is a huge factor in getting what you want in life. But of course it requires you to actually taking action.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

Well worth reading. Here’s what the WEF plan looks like when it’s seen to completion

Could be good podcast material @Kak, a real example of everything you’ve been talking about

That's insane.

The level of mental gymnastics that people have to go through to get from some rando political ideal to wealth is insane.

Political goal > ??? > profit!!

And they're in charge of things.

And people believe them.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
467%
Mar 15, 2018

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
691%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Just can't take Ryan Holiday serious anymore.

For someone who "wrote the book" on being a Stoic, he has to be the most un-stoic person ever.

He seems to freak out weekly on a bunch of topics and also posts purposely drama/attention-seeking content.

Maybe he is working out some issues but he seems all over the place.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
My question for the world today...

Why (she/her)? Why not just put Ms. __ or Mrs. __ ??
Because the TV didn't tell them to! Now be outraged and put your chosen pronouns in damnit.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Apr 24, 2016

For someone who "wrote the book" on being a Stoic, he has to be the most un-stoic person ever.

He seems to freak out weekly on a bunch of topics and also posts purposely drama/attention-seeking content.

Probably best to stick to the OGs.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
My question for the world today...

Why (she/her)? Why not just put Ms. __ or Mrs. __ ??
I heard Jordan Peterson say that it's known that pronouns thing can cause confusion in young female psique.

Argentina: The peso just went negative 40% against the dolar in a week... after the guy in charge of the economy resigned. Hmm ok.

My situation: So I got enough for at least 1 year in Brazil by the beach. Figure out what business to start.

Thinking on learning to code, video editing or other valuable skill. I learned quite some ecommerce in the last few years but not feeling very confident in this world environment so the valuable skill learning seems like a safe bet.

Ideally If I learn coding (most difficult and time demanding path) I can get in the software industry and as I work there look for problems to solve with a fastlane business.

Thanks if you read so far appreciate your thoughts on a different valuable skill to learn.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Argentina: The peso just went negative 40% against the dolar in a week... after the guy in charge of the economy resigned. Hmm ok.
Wow!

What is going on in that country?

Attachments

• ARS.jpg
    ARS.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 20

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Wow!

"Our" president said he so strongly believes in the great reset and what Klaus Schawb says, but the problem has nothing to do with that i'm sure.
The country is still beautiful thought:

Attachments

• 1B05DE60-B349-4756-8597-C1A49D37470E.png
    1B05DE60-B349-4756-8597-C1A49D37470E.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Wow!

Lol. Definitely not the last 10 years for a country that is frequently mentioned in economics classes with its own subsection on the Argentine Paradox and has defaulted nine times since independence including twice in the last 8 years.

Argentina's economic problems are a 100-year-old story now and the last decade (your graph) has been "relatively stable" in comparative terms to the rest of its history.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
495%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Antifragile 1% Bank of Canada raise.

*mommy I'm getting scared*
Funny they do this now. All the “transitory” and “we know what we are doing” arrogance that went into the easy money, “printer go brrrr,” negative rate, dove policies… For what? Just to screw us all later.

Last edited:

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
361%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

He is easily the person that I hate most in the whole "self-help space".

For someone who wrote a book called "Ego is the Enemy" and preaches about "stoicism", he sure is a narcissistic drama queen.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
467%
Mar 15, 2018
@Antifragile 1% Bank of Canada raise.

*mommy I'm getting scared*

Partly expected, isn't it? Inflation is all time high and the only lever BoC has is raising rates. Unlike USA, they are not independent from the government. In principle they are, and government has not pushed or overridden their decisions to ensure there's no panic from the public, but fact is fact: BoC works for the government.

Some quotes from media:

The Bank of Canada estimates the “neutral” rate — a theoretical setting at which the central bank’s benchmark rate neither helps nor hinders economic growth — is between two per cent and three per cent. The policy rate is now in that zone, but policymakers made clear they aren’t finished.

“The Governing Council continues to judge that interest rates will need to rise further, and the pace of increases will be guided by the bank’s ongoing assessment of the economy and inflation,” the statement said. “The Governing Council is resolute in its commitment to price stability and will continue to take action as required to achieve the two-per-cent target.”

My opinion:
A) Last 30-40 years inflation was 2% and we will not see that in the next 30.
B) Politicians are under extreme pressure because recession is now a guarantee, so are job losses. Jobs is what gets politicians elected. Stimulating economy can be done with either fiscal or monetary policy. But the two cannot be at odds. Politicians will then have to apply pressure on Central Bank. This means we won't fix inflation long term.
C) The current 1% hike is good new. It doesn't sound like it, I know. But it does send a strong message that BoC is acting independent of the politicians (it's not, but you get the optics). It will be helpful in reducing the impact of the recession. Hence - this is good. I expect another hike of 0.50% and then we may be done for a while (because of political pressure, not because inflation will be at 2%).

These are my thoughts and I've been wrong a lot... don't use it for any big decisions and DYOR.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
If I think too much about what is going on in the world it drives me insane.

The world has the same resources, the same people, the same landmass, significantly better technology.

And yet we play politics and whatever and allow these insane busts and crap to happen. Why???? I know I am nieve and don't understand all this, but it's all freaking man made! Why do we put up with these made up rules? We should be colonizing space for freaking sake! Instead we argue about political pressure and rate hikes and going woke. What the absolute F?????

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.