The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
We have to cancel orders all the time because people don't even know how to enter in their basic address.

If my shipping service can't verify your address, we're not sending a book.

Not worth dealing with the BS, customer service inquiries, the "we didn't get it! Send another one! Refund!"

Ill pass.

If you can't figure out how to enter your own home address, you likely won't be a good entrepreneur.

I'd rather lose the sale than risk having to deal with it later.
I recently googled a question online, and a Reddit page showed up, I just wanted to know the answer so I clicked on it and I got my answer.

When you scroll down to the bottom it suggests more posts to read.

I read a title along the lines of “I was scammed off of 5 bucks! Do I sue? What do I do?”

Man, if I got scammed off of 5 bucks idgas, I wouldn’t waste my time starting a post on a forum full of grown people with the victim mindset sharing problems.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
We have to cancel orders all the time because people don't even know how to enter in their basic address.

If my shipping service can't verify your address, we're not sending a book.

Not worth dealing with the BS, customer service inquiries, the "we didn't get it! Send another one! Refund!"

Ill pass.

If you can't figure out how to enter your own home address, you likely won't be a good entrepreneur.

I'd rather lose the sale than risk having to deal with it later.
Since I started shipping books a few months ago, I've been amazed at the ways people think their address works.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Well make that strike 3! I went TO ANOTHER HOUSE, this time thankfully closer to my own. They said they had 3 kids bikes for sale, clearly stated that all 3 were 16" tire size. I get there, can you guess what size they ALL were? 20"!!!! IT SAYS IT RIGHT ON THE FREAKING TIRES!!!!

I ask them to verify the tire before I go, and they all confirm they are 16". Jesus man. HOW>??????

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Well make that strike 3! I went TO ANOTHER HOUSE, this time thankfully closer to my own. They said they had 3 kids bikes for sale, clearly stated that all 3 were 16" tire size. I get there, can you guess what size they ALL were? 20"!!!! IT SAYS IT RIGHT ON THE FREAKING TIRES!!!!

I ask them to verify the tire before I go, and they all confirm they are 16". Jesus man. HOW>??????
I guess the next time have them send you a photo of the bike and tires?

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Man WTF is wrong with people. I am trying to buy a 16" proper bike for my daughter for her birthday (no coaster back pedal brake). A few days ago I went to meet someone. Turns out they couldn't find the bike so I could not buy it. It is still posted online for sale...

Just this morning I drove 40km across the whole city to get this cool Norco kids bike with 16" wheels. I get there and its a 20" wheel bike so it is for a kid 2x my daughters size. Big waste of time.

How hard is it to not be an idiot when posting this stuff?
The weirdest ones I come across are in the commercial cleaning facebook groups I'm in. Groups with members around the world and every week, some numpty puts some kind of equipment or chemical up for sale that's really only going to be cost effective for local pickup, with no mention of their location.
One guy was trying to sell a half empty container of cheapish cleaning chemical and when someone asked location he only gave the state lol.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013

You can be angry or you can realize that many people don't know much about bike specs -- your choice.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
You can be angry or you can realize that many people don't know much about bike specs -- your choice.
These are kids bikes. I say I'm getting a bike for a 5 year old and they are like "yup this will fit". It's a bike for an 8 year old.

That's like mistaking a wagon for a sedan while car shopping.

Andreas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 22, 2011
Are there any low-energy introverts who own dogs?

I go to weekly trainings, and see other people interact with their dogs, they have very animated expressions and voices, but I can't bring myself to do that. It's not that I don't get excited or like my dog.

I'm just not that expressive. For the dog owners out there, do you think this is going to make my dog sad and unmotivated?

My 4 month old GSD gets excited when I let her out of the cage, but after just 10 minutes of walking, she just wants to go back to the cage and eat, unless she sees other people. That's when she gets fired up and wants to greet them....

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Are there any low-energy introverts who own dogs?

I go to weekly trainings, and see other people interact with their dogs, they have very animated expressions and voices, but I can't bring myself to do that. It's not that I don't get excited or like my dog.

I'm just not that expressive. For the dog owners out there, do you think this is going to make my dog sad and unmotivated?

My 4 month old GSD gets excited when I let her out of the cage, but after just 10 minutes of walking, she just wants to go back to the cage and eat, unless she sees other people. That's when she gets fired up and wants to greet them....
If you don't have kids to play with it, are you able to afford and look after a second dog? I couldn't imagine mine without each other.

The smaller but older male leader of the 2 just tried his hand at stealing food from the younger but much bigger female today. He quickly found out the point at which his dominance ends haha.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
These are kids bikes. I say I'm getting a bike for a 5 year old and they are like "yup this will fit". It's a bike for an 8 year old.

That's like mistaking a wagon for a sedan while car shopping.
I would have gone to a shop from the start to avoid all of this

Andreas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 22, 2011
If you don't have kids to play with it, are you able to afford and look after a second dog? I couldn't imagine mine without each other.

The smaller but older male leader of the 2 just tried his hand at stealing food from the younger but much bigger female today. He quickly found out the point at which his dominance ends haha.
I can't afford to buy a second dog. I also don't have kids. I thought that having the luxury of time would work to my advantage. Maybe I give up too early or worry too much.

I've only had the dog for a week now. She is more curious about sniffing the goats and chickens on a nearby farm than when I am trying to get her for a short run.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I was in a restaurant.

Started chatting with a fella who seemed to be a painter and sculptor.

He gave an experience when he an another artist were at an exhibition. Let's call this artist Tom and his friend Dom.

Dom had a small painting on display. Someone turned up and asked him the price. He said it was 30USD.

The client just moved on to the very next display table after Dom's and asked the same question for a piece of art visibly more or less similar to Dom's.

The client was told about 400USD. He bought it immediately.

SOMETIMES WE SELL OURSELVES CHEAP.

PRICING IS OBVIOUSLY SLIPPERY.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I can't afford to buy a second dog. I also don't have kids. I thought that having the luxury of time would work to my advantage. Maybe I give up too early or worry too much.

I've only had the dog for a week now. She is more curious about sniffing the goats and chickens on a nearby farm than when I am trying to get her for a short run.
That's normal. When one of mine was injured I learnt that just letting them investigate and sniff new areas and things mentally exhausts them which is great for them.

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I was doing a recurring window cleaning but couldn't find anybody afterwards.
So I got a bit frustrated and kinda decided to go home.
So there I got into the train and a couple of grandmas sat next to me.
They were impressed and jokingly said "The day only got started, right?"

I have a question to you: Could you really say "Actually, I'm heading home at just 12am already" ?

I can't.

*epic music starts playing or smth

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Something random popped up in my mind, I wanted to ask,

If you’d have to put all the commandments of CENTS in order of most important,

How would you put it?

If I’d have to say it would be

Control - 30%
Need - 30%
Entry - 17.5%
Time - 12.5%
Scale - 10%

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada

How would you put it?

Control - 30%
Need - 30%
Entry - 17.5%
Time - 12.5%
Scale - 10%
Need 100%

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

How would you put it?

Control - 30%
Need - 30%
Entry - 17.5%
Time - 12.5%
Scale - 10%
I’d say Need and Entry. If there is a need and others can’t enter, you will be making money.

You may not have time or scale but you can make enough money to invest and create time later.

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
I just got off work. Worked for neatly 12 hours while on 2 hours of sleep. I literally want to collapse now but I want to still squeeze in another hour of working on my life...

I don't know what else to say, I don't really like my current employer and that's motivating me enough to take action and go balls to the wall.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Random rant: I don't know how it happened, but I'm getting a lot of Dave Portnoy pushed on me by the algo, and I'm not happy about it.
What a fake a$$ drama Queen this prick is.
Buying his company back for $1 (with plenty of clauses mind you) after previously selling control to PENN for $500 million, the "shackles have been removed" so to speak with no longer answering to a gambling company, he must be right back in the saddle and firing away.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Perhaps this requires a separate thread but as I get older, unfortunately I feel like I'm changing for the worse.

It's more of a struggle to stay positive after experiencing some shitty stuff in life but also having higher standards/expectations.

It's more of a struggle to have confidence after numerous failures and discovering that you aren't really that special.

It's more of a struggle to not feel wistful about the past and the young mindset - the helpful naivety, the dismissal of bad stuff in life, the stupid belief that you'll always be young and fit and healthy, the hubris that you're above average, etc.

Not saying that's the case for everyone but it seems to be the case for me. I have to fight not to become your stereotypical grumbling geezer and I'm not even old yet.

Life is hard, and I feel similar.

This year has been pretty hard, as a few close friends have died.

I found my friends body, after he committed suicide.

We lived together and I came home from work and found him hanging in the study.

I tried to save him but it was too late. 2 weeks later my dog died.

Life is suffering, but there's good aswell.

I've had some good distractions such as trying to build a business, engaging in hobbies, but some days I just break down and lose my shit!

Ontop of that I have some health issues. It's all getting fixed with some surgeries etc, so it's fine.

But it can be such a grind, it gets exhausting, and I was so much more optimistic when I was a younger man than I am now.

I'm not as empathetic as I used to be. I used to care more for strangers, but I am a bit darker and numb now.

My job as a prison officer I think has alot to do with it.

I'm desensitised to many things that people find horrific now, and I don't think it's a good thing.

But im also garetful to be earning a decent wage with 10 weeks of annual leave a year. I can still chase my dreams.

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I'm in the middle of raising the retail price on all my books. The prices haven't changed, ever.

Meanwhile, the cost of printing books has gone up 25%+ and the cost of shipping has gone up more than 30% since I got into this business. The price increases will only soften the damage, it won't eradicate it.
With some friends we talked about that lately.

Having a prize quite low mean a good reputation for you.
You look out of the see of scammers, who make their money by writing get rich books and course.

So that you don’t have expensive books makes you credible. Imo it’s not a disadvantage outside the money facts.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

I ask them to verify the tire before I go, and they all confirm they are 16". Jesus man. HOW>???
Let them take a picture of th tire to check youself via whattsapp! That’s easy nowadays!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Buying his company back for $1 (with plenty of clauses mind you) after previously selling control to PENN for $500 million, the "shackles have been removed" so to speak with no longer answering to a gambling company, he must be right back in the saddle and firing away.
Eh, the whole $1 thing is not what it seems. Fantastic story for marketing purposes though.

I actually take back a lot of what I said about Dave though, the whole a**hole and firing people is just a bit of a schtick anyway, and he gets credit from me for giving it to Michael Rapaport lol.

Michael Crapaport Stereo Fraudcast got me haha.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Faux-intellectual analogies are annoying as hell. The forum seems to be flooded with them lately.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
IMG_2247.jpeg

Just to show how bad the RE market is in Toronto/Canada, above this is a Canadian dream bungalow for..

1,429,000 Canadian, or ~1,045,000 American

below here a house in Miami, Florida for..

$1,419,000 Canadian, or $1,049,440 American

IMG_2248.jpeg

Genuine question.

which one would you pick?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content