The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reintroducing myself, via process and execution

Kunda

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 17, 2021
London, UK
Hello everyone, time to reintroduce myself
72.png

I read The Millionaire Fastlane in the early second quarter of 2015, but it took me a minute (6.5 years) to fully digest as we all know too well it's not an easy task.
Soon after I checked out The Fastlane Forum in September 2021 and started returning back and forth to this remarkable space MJ has created.
Over the next few months, in March 2022 I went on to order Unscripted on Amazon. I plan to read The Great Rat Race Escape in the coming months.

It's impossible to sum up the huge changes I've experienced through MJ's work and this forum.
But I'm excited (and also a little scared - the kind of fear that is always present as you stand at the precipice of a new chapter), but I'm mostly excited to be posting my first real post here as posting juices are finally flowing (since my short intro in October 2021)!

My lack of visibility here on the forums' approach has been purely to find a way to completely shift myself mentally, in order to create a real connection in myself, that's able to create a genuine CENTS business.

I've been in Kampala, the capital city of Uganda, East Africa, the country of my birth since December 2022 to open and run our second branch of the business (everyday except rest day on Sundays using my MJ inspired Planasy).
The company was incorporated in the UK, on 5th September 2022.
My parents immigrated with me and my siblings to London, UK, when I was 6 years old and we have lived there all my life up until now with the exception of some family holidays for family visits.
I've also visited Kabale in rural SW Uganda just after arriving in December 2022. It's my parents' home town, we were there for a weekend to be godmother to my now 4 year old little niece.

I feel this place in my genes. Experience it with me by having a look this wiki link of it's snow peaked Rwenzori Mountains, just a 2 hour drive from my parents hometown: Rwenzori Mountains - Wikipedia

The hills, mountains and coldness of this region of Uganda has earned Uganda the nickname "Switzerland of Africa ''. It can get to as cold as -10C, and is home to Mount Stanley (5,109m) the third tallest mountain in Africa after neighbouring Kenya's Mount Kenya (5,199m) and Mount Kilimanjaro (5,895m).
I dare to dream that when I can get time off for a longer break from running our business, my fiance and I will finally be able to say yes to an epic 7-10 day trek across its lush forests and cascading waterfalls to the summit of Mount Stanley.
I got my body through 2 marathons, the first in Guernsey, one of the gorgeous Channel Islands on the English Channel near the French coast and the second here in a city called Masaka in North West Uganda.
So I have more than enough strength to trek to the summit, to get my finance's body through it will also be just a matter of us both getting into a little better prepared shape and doing some high altitude training.

Then at the end June 2023 I went to Rwanda, a beautiful boarding country to Uganda for a week's much needed break from working on growing the business. This was with a now great Canadian friend we met out here, when she first came for a 7 day trek of the Rwenzori mountains in March 2023 together with my fiance who is also my business partner btw.

Through my company, UG To UK Healthcare, for 1 year and nearly 5 months now we have created an UK officially premium 8 week online English proficiency prep course for Ugandan, nurses, midwives and doctors taught on our website's LMS by a really great British UK based teacher that we have been blessed to work with throughout.
The course is 8 weeks long and costs UGX3,400,000 or £718 $914.
We have an upfront payment option or installment plan.
We aim to start our 6th 8 week prep course class this Monday 5th February.
So far in our 6 rounds of classes we have enrolled a total of 30 nurses and 2 doctors (we started with just nurses and midwives, then started to include doctors at the end of 2023).

We have gotten 1 midwife through to the interview stage which she was successful in and is due to sign her contract with a UK NHS hospital within the next month to then relocate to the UK with her fiance who is a doctor.
We have 6 nurses waiting to receive their interview dates, 16 are getting together the finances to book the tests our course has prepped them to sit and pass. To book and sit the test it costs UGX 1,400,00 OR £288 or $367. Then the remaining 8 are the ones starting this Monday.

By passing this compulsory English proficiency test, these nurses, midwives and doctors are able to qualify to register with the UK nursing and medical councils, secure job interviews and vast opportunities through a great recruiter in the UK we work with.
Our service also professionally updates their CV's, prepares them for their interviews and assists them through the entire quite long and demanding process.

From my experience so far of this process with them, our teacher and 2 Uganda based employees, as a second generation UK immigrant it hasn't been easy on me and our business to witness the incredibly low wages amongst the very high majority of Ugandans from all industries.
The average salary for a registered nurse or midwife is UGX700,000, or £145 or $184 per month. For a medical doctor UGX 2,000,000 to UGX 5,000,000 or £414 - £1,035 or $523 to $1,310 per month.

This makes it impossible to get the majority that opt to pay in instalments to ever pay on time, so with each class this has left us struggling to pay our teacher, 2 employees, and our 2 offices in both the UK and Uganda on time.

We had no choice but to push our last class 2 weeks forward, and have had to push this current one 3 weeks forward now too. Both due to having far too small first instalment payments. So in the last 2 months we've started looking for R&D funding/capital and found some UK government backed enterprise investment schemes, and a top legal firm that confirmed we qualify for the scheme to help manage our complex government application.
These enterprise investment schemes offer great tax efficient benefits to high net worth investors in return for investment in small early stage startup businesses in the UK. They are designed to boost economic growth in the UK by promoting new enterprise and entrepreneurship.
I'm currently reading a hugely valuable book called The Money Train by David Pattison, its about what young business need to know about these type of UK schemes and investors. David has been there and done it so shares his wisdom with both real insight and humanity.

But it's clear the company also needs a more immediate and quite strong cash injection (we've searched for how here in Uganda but just can't find it yet, we tried my billionaire uncle Amos, one of the richest men in Uganda but we've not gotten a response from him since October, so that's a no Amos Nzeyi - Wikipedia) to assist us to get to where we need to go next, coupled with my plans to temporary return to work full time at my long term slowlane land surveyor freelance job in the UK while working with the legal firm to submit our funding/capital application.

Although I'm often reminded, through reading entrepreneurial stories and the discussions on this forum, life just like entrepreneurship is never supposed to be constantly comfortable.
And as the incredible MJ teaches there is so much power in the acting, assessing, adjusting, and repeating to succeed for those who'll accept the full spectrum of joys and pains/highs and lows that the life of entrepreneurship will inevitably bring.

Often during the months up to where we have arrived today, when we've acted, accessed, adjusted then repeated, it has become clearer and clearer that the success will only come once we've turned the process into an as automated system as possible (which is what my fiance and I are, so quite literally know it like the back of our hands) to then start slowly scaling towards the other 30 plus or so countries that the large UK recruiter we work with also recruits in and all need to pass the English proficiency test too to access the UK nursing and medical council registrations and jobs. And so will then also slowly scale employment of more UK based teachers.

The moral of my post is to start an execution post while simultaneously sharing details to enable and embrace much needed undiluted feedback guidance/advice from any members here willing to share it.

So thank you for reading it all.
I'm excited to continue looking beyond my limits and get our company to it's next best place, and as I said at the start a little scared for reason stated, and now also a little scared of the infinite experience I have yet to have realizations and learnings of like so many of you here already possess much of.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.