The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking Guidance: Should I focus on one project or simultaneously validate different saas/microsaas ideas?

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

bambz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 11, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm currently at a crossroads in my entrepreneurial journey and genuinely looking for some direction. Here's a bit of context:

I've created an online course on programming. However, my approach to marketing it might not have been optimal – I didn't provide any free content upfront, which has led to limited trust or interest in my potential customer base. The outcome? A mere four customers. You can read the full journey here: EXECUTION - QUESTION - My next iteration in Act, Assess, Adjust of my business road. and the challenges faced here:
QUESTION - My online course - results are below expected.

On the other hand, I've been brimming with ideas for various SaaS and MicroSaaS projects. This one inspired me:
GOLD! - EXECUTION - How to Create a $2k+/mo Passive Income Website in 30 Days (or Less) , which got me thinking about diving into this path. With my programming skills, I feel I might have an advantage.

Regarding the SaaS and MicroSaaS venture, I've identified two potential strategies:

1. Emulate the approach from the above thread: look for proven products on marketplaces like Etsy, identify niches, create better versions, set up landing pages, run targeted Google Ads, and repeat until a product takes off.
  2. Scout for problems people face on platforms like forums, Reddit, and Twitter. I'd then set up a landing page with a newsletter and validate interest. If there's traction, proceed to build an MVP.
Lastly, a big dilemma I'm facing is the target market. I hail from Poland, and earning 5k USD a month is equal to my current earnings in 9-17 job so each passive income above it is great for me. While it seems like a no-brainer to target the international market, given the spending habits (people from USA spend more money that in our country) and potential scale, I've observed many Polish entrepreneurs focusing exclusively on our domestic market. It has me wondering: ocean or pond?

With this backdrop, I have a few questions for this knowledgeable community:

1. Should I focus exclusively on my course, providing free content on platforms like TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube to build trust? Or should I also be validating SaaS and MicroSaaS ideas on the side?
  2. In terms of market focus: Poland or international? What are the pros and cons based on your experience?
  3. Between the two SaaS/MicroSaaS strategies I mentioned, which seems more promising?
I genuinely appreciate any insights or experiences you can share. Your feedback will be invaluable as I navigate these decisions.

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.