The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sick of eating whatever life is serving on a given day. Ready to start dictating the rest of my days.

NewLaner

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Feb 18, 2023
Hi everyone.
I wish I would have read TFM 25 years ago (I know, it wasn't written yet, but that's not the point). A special thanks to @MJ DeMarco for putting this book together for all of us and bringing me here. I hope to leverage all or your knowledge and hopefully share some of my experiences for the foreseeable future. You young people here are in such a great position to be thinking like this now.

I'm a middle-aged father of four, so starting out late on this process is very scary, but the alternative is worse. I had a pretty shocking wake-up call recently when I finally got a promotion (my first corporate title) at well-known Swiss bank who has had some pretty serious issues the last few years. Anyone who follows financial news can figure out which one. Because of company issues completely out of my control, I took a real wage YoY loss in salary AFTER GETTING PROMOTED! Why? No control. I worked extremely hard for that promotion, too. I was shocked, disappointed, disparaged, demotivated and embarrassed all at once. What could I have done to achieve a better outcome in the future? Nothing, my level of control over that company will never increase as an employee, one of 51,000 guppies in a fish tank with a couple sharks. It's time for a paradigm shift.

My plan is to get into the software development realm for business and process optimization. My main issue is that I have no software development experience. I do, however, know of some serious problems that are screaming for a solution, so here we go.

Being this late to the game has the advantage and disadvantage of not having the time to screw around. I'm looking forward to doing this with all of you and sharing whatever I stumble across that may be useful to someone. Thank you to those of you that have taken the time to post for everyone else's benefit. This is the kind of place that redeems my faith in humanity.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon45x4yB

Hi everyone.
I wish I would have read TFM 25 years ago (I know, it wasn't written yet, but that's not the point). A special thanks to @MJ DeMarco for putting this book together for all of us and bringing me here. I hope to leverage all or your knowledge and hopefully share some of my experiences for the foreseeable future. You young people here are in such a great position to be thinking like this now.

I'm a middle-aged father of four, so starting out late on this process is very scary, but the alternative is worse. I had a pretty shocking wake-up call recently when I finally got a promotion (my first corporate title) at well-known Swiss bank who has had some pretty serious issues the last few years. Anyone who follows financial news can figure out which one. Because of company issues completely out of my control, I took a real wage YoY loss in salary AFTER GETTING PROMOTED! Why? No control. I worked extremely hard for that promotion, too. I was shocked, disappointed, disparaged, demotivated and embarrassed all at once. What could I have done to achieve a better outcome in the future? Nothing, my level of control over that company will never increase as an employee, one of 51,000 guppies in a fish tank with a couple sharks. It's time for a paradigm shift.

My plan is to get into the software development realm for business and process optimization. My main issue is that I have no software development experience. I do, however, know of some serious problems that are screaming for a solution, so here we go.

Being this late to the game has the advantage and disadvantage of not having the time to screw around. I'm looking forward to doing this with all of you and sharing whatever I stumble across that may be useful to someone. Thank you to those of you that have taken the time to post for everyone else's benefit. This is the kind of place that redeems my faith in humanity.
You could also think about using some knowledge acquired during your professional experience to create your highway. You might have noticed an unresolved need in the banking world,...

But it's never too late to learn, and many stop learning after graduation. It's good of being aware of it; so train yourself!
"Better late than never"

Greetings from France

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.