The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Simple = Gold. Building a web agency for local businesses.

Marketing, social media, advertising

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 5, 2023
France
After a couple of months working on various projects (my dad's website, my girlfriend's online shop, etc.), I gathered enough skills and knowledge to move to the next step. Creating my own business to help people on the internet.

(To mods: I did a pretty confuse thread about those projects. I prefer to start a new one as things are really getting serious now. Sorry in advance if duplicates are not allowed, I will focus on here now so do not hesitate to delete the old one)

I have spent the past days in designing my value proposition. I will focus on 3 axis:
  1. Webdesign and long-term maintenance. It is about building landing pages or online shops for customers and keeping them up to date in terms of security, SEO, etc. in exchange of a monthly fee.
  2. Graphic creation and content. I'm not an expert with Photoshop or any similar software. But I have discovered that people rarely need so much skills. I have now a good experience on Canva and it will be more than enough to design logos, banners, etc.
  3. Online presence management. I want to show people the advantages of outsourcing social media management, SEO, ads campaing, etc. I also plan to charge with a monthly fee.

My strategy is to use 1. and 2. to get my first customers and build my portfolio. Then I can convert my first customer to 3. which will be the real long-term money maker (and it's also more compliant to CENTS). I don't have much experience with 3., but I'm now quite OK at 1. and 2. so I can start and keep learning. My goal is to scale as soon a possible by automating and outsourcing the creation part to focus on finding customers.

I also need to differenciate from other similar agencies. Most of the following thoughts come from my readings of
Fox's thread and ebook. Have a look on it to get started, it's a goldmine.

I have seen a couple of digital agency websites. All of them pitched their offer with a lot of technical words and anglicisms (I am french). I have no doubt they are doing a great job, but I found it overcomplexified and, in the end, scary for people who need help without any knowledge.

This is what I will propose. Simplifying the offer. I want to keep the output of my offer easy to understand as much as possible. No technical words, no complex pricing, just a simple offer with websites and services which can solve problems and improve customers businesses. I did not found anything like that.

Here is a good example: I was struggling on finding a name for my business. I brainstormed during 4 hours about what would be the perfect name. I wanted something catchy, fancy, etc. Nothing was good enough, or sometimes the domain name was not available. I ended with a very basic name but it reflects my value prop quite well. People will directly understand why I'm here. Simple is gold.

I will also focus on people who generally feel like "internet is not for them" :

• I had a look on the Facebook page of my small village, I found dozens of recent posts made by artisans (plumber, beautician, bakery, etc) who just had a Gmail address to share. I made a list of 30 prospects in 10 minutes, it's crazy how many people could benefit from my services.
  • I spotted dozens of small to medium industries of companies who have no website (or a very bad one) on Google Maps. This is my end target because those people have more money.
I will work with artisans to build some trust and experience, and then switch to bigger industries. Start small, think big.

I have set up the french counterpart of a LLC, I am ready to start. Things that need to get done in the coming days:

• Finishing the paperwork related to my company.
  • Building my company website, this will be my first proof of concept to show people how I can help them.
  • Contacting by mail or phone the 30 propects I listed.
  • Getting my first customer.

My goal is to make 15k€ by the end of the year, I have almost 9 months to do it. I will work like if my goal was to do 150k€. I will post my progression here!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Contacting by mail or phone the 30 propects I listed.
You can start this now, without a website or LLC.

Also check out this:

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 5, 2023
France
You can start this now, without a website or LLC.

You are right, I just sent a mail to 3 of them who did not give a phone number.

Your thread is very helpful. I will use it to improve my process. Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.