The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Started window cleaning today

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Moxy404

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 3, 2023
So lately, I've been seeing a lot of threads on window cleaning. I saw @Lawtiti 's thread and decided I would give window cleaning a try.

Today I went out and asked 5 people if they wanted their windows cleaned (barely any people I know, but I didn't have much time). All of them said no, but I'm glad that I at least went outside and took the first step.

Looking back, I think I might need to be a bit more professional. Another thing is that pretty much all of the houses in my area are double stories, so maybe I should get an extension pole?

If you guys have any advice, feel free to let me know :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
So lately, I've been seeing a lot of threads on window cleaning. I saw @Lawtiti 's thread and decided I would give window cleaning a try.

Today I went out and asked 5 people if they wanted their windows cleaned (barely any people I know, but I didn't have much time). All of them said no, but I'm glad that I at least went outside and took the first step.

Looking back, I think I might need to be a bit more professional. Another thing is that pretty much all of the houses in my area are double stories, so maybe I should get an extension pole?

I am currently making a long a$$ guide post on starting a windowcleaning business.

Some nuggets for you:

Knock on 100 doors before drawing conclusions about having to change something.

The only actions for you that aren't action fakes are:
Get customers
Clean windows

If you want to be more professional, don't worry too much about equipment and instead get good at using it:
Watch some tutorials on how to clean windows properly and then practice for at least 2 hours at you home.
One window should take you less than 1 minute to be streakless. It should also take you only 1 attempt 90% of the time.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney

ME? AN INSPIRATION TO YOU???
Ive never been an inspiration to someone before, so this is a first time and a special one. Glad you liked it

Please dont just do Window Cleaning just because you see that i did it. See what people in your area need, do they need pressure washing? Lawn mowing? You dont have to copy me just because guys like @piano or @Subsonic or me did window cleaning. Dont stick yourself to WC because someone did it and is doing fine with it.

If you still want to do it then my advice would be to just skip the double story houses if you can until you find a single story house. My area is also pretty much have a lot of double story houses but i just skip them when d2d. I wouldn't recommend doing double story with an extension pole when you havent done single story houses yet. Try to find single story houses if possible.

Also why 5 people? Are you doing it in a Monday? Weekdays tends to not be so great, try the weekends. Also, bring your equipment with you to look more professional. Bring a scrubber, squeegee, microfiber cloths, rectangle bucket and dishwashing liquid and youre done. Use Unger, Ettore, Sorbo, Moerman brand.

Also, follow SteveO the Window cleaner, the guy is a legend

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
I am currently making a long a$$ guide post on starting a windowcleaning business.

Some nuggets for you:

Knock on 100 doors before drawing conclusions about having to change something.

The only actions for you that aren't action fakes are:
Get customers
Clean windows

If you want to be more professional, don't worry too much about equipment and instead get good at using it:
Watch some tutorials on how to clean windows properly and then practice for at least 2 hours at you home.
One window should take you less than 1 minute to be streakless. It should also take you only 1 attempt 90% of the time.
Completely agree on the knock on 100 doors before you make a conclusion. Watch Joe Lester, guy is good at d2d selling.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.