The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The bane of your existence "Action Faking".

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AlfaStream

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 21, 2020
United States
Not another word.

I want you to pull out your phone, get a pen and piece of paper, even notepad. Got something to write with? Ok awesome.

Now the one question I want you to answer is this one thing, keep it simple, and straight forward. One sentence or less. I want you to close your eyes, take a deep breath and visualize this ONE THING.

Ok, now write that one thing down on the paper in front of you. Now set a timer for one hour, drop everything you're doing. Do that one thing until the timer goes off. No distractions, nothing. Now make a habit, of "Singularity of focus", and a habit of just doing it. Time management, prioritization, and a lack of a clear plan/goal. Have likely kept you going around in circles.

Pick one thing, and stick to it. Don't even think about it you get so suck in ANALYSIS PARALYSIS.

Who knows, maybe this exercise will help you get going. Remember you're forming a new habit. Don't overthink it, make a habit of just doing it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not another word.

I want you to pull out your phone, get a pen and piece of paper, even notepad. Got something to write with? Ok awesome.

Now the one question I want you to answer is this one thing, keep it simple, and straight forward. One sentence or less. I want you to close your eyes, take a deep breath and visualize this ONE THING.

Ok, now write that one thing down on the paper in front of you. Now set a timer for one hour, drop everything you're doing. Do that one thing until the timer goes off. No distractions, nothing. Now make a habit, of "Singularity of focus", and a habit of just doing it. Time management, prioritization, and a lack of a clear plan/goal. Have likely kept you going around in circles.

Pick one thing, and stick to it. Don't even think about it you get so suck in ANALYSIS PARALYSIS.

Who knows, maybe this exercise will help you get going. Remember you're forming a new habit. Don't overthink it, make a habit of just doing it.

I love the Singularity of Focus concept so much it I made it part of GoalSumo.com where such a task is called a Power Task.

1700584549891.png

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
I love the Singularity of Focus concept so much it I made it part of GoalSumo.com where such a task is called a Power Task.

View attachment 52580
love it even better, I just bought an entire years worth of subscriptions!!!

Even though the UI is pretty good looking, it's hard to even fill out your dream even in the first place. Just listen to @AlfaStream that is on the top - its key advice. I believe his content was based on the book "The one thing" by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan. Thank you to @PureA for sharing that book with me!

@MJ DeMarco thanks for creating such a product!!!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Even though the UI is pretty good looking, it's hard to even fill out your dream even in the first place.

That whole process is being reworked and reconfigured. As it stands right now, it is process with a limited lifespan and should improve by light years in the next software version.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
That whole process is being reworked and reconfigured. As it stands right now, it is process with a limited lifespan and should improve by light years in the next software version.
I know you are going to input the new way onto GoalSumo.com as you mentioned, but would you recommend me to perhaps do one thing different to my current dream chain building process?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey MJ have you ever looked at theory of constraint? Any thoughts on it?

It pretty much reflects my idea of taking the shortest path to your first customer. At some point, there will be a weak chain, or a huge problem that needs to be solved, and all the rest are inconsequential.

AlfaStream

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 21, 2020
United States
If somebody engages in action faking isn't that then part of his identity
Personally I'd argue pathology, all things have their roots in habits. Thinking back to "Humans are creatures of habit", do you ever remember coming across the quote.

and habits start with beliefs which are rooted in two things, perception, and experiences.

For example this quote attributed to Ghandi.

Your beliefs become your thoughts, your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your values, your values become your destiny.​

Ultimately everything has its roots in beliefs, an open mind is quite literally the beginning of all change. As obvious as you think it would be, and how many people are aware of it. They're still oblivious to it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.