The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Books That Made Me Drop Out Of Coding Class

Anything related to matters of the mind

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
363%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Before I say anything that influences anyone to drop out of anything, please know I am just a young entrepreneur documenting my process on this forum. As I learn more, my personality drastically changes with new information.

With that being said..

Yes, it's true.

The books and people I'm about to share with you affected my mindset so much that I started viewing the act of going to a coding class that I thought would be valuable a few months ago to "be able to code my own product" as a waste of time..

So, I got up, and I left.

But really.. deep down.. it was just because of a desire to "fit in" and be going to college.

I don't know if the insights I'm about to share with you are going to be as profound to you as they are to me, but I couldn't sleep for 5 nights after reading these books and beginning to put them into action.

Before I tell you who they are, here's one of the most shocking insights I had through learning this exciting information:

When you are the visionary & leader, it doesn't matter HOW it gets done. It just matters that it gets done, and creating the vision is 80% of the way there. The other 20% is how it gets done, and that done does not have to be done by you.

With this mindset, the ONLY skill is leadership.

You know what I heard recently from an entrepreneur named Peter Diamandis also that just totally rocked my world?

With the right money, the right people, and the right technology, anything is possible. The right money and the right people can create the technology. The right technology and the right people can attract the money. But the technology and the money without the people won't work.

I can't imagine being a coder knowing this information. It feels incredibly small-minded. Us as individuals cannot create massive change, we can only envision the future and put together the money, people, and technology to create that change.

Without further ado, the authors and books that have recently had this impact on me..

ALL of the 3 books by Dr Benjamin Hardy, and Dan Sullivan.

How I've applied each:

1. The Gap And The Gain

You can train your brain, using selective attention, to measure yourself by the wins that you've had without focusing on the negatives AT ALL, which creates a perpetual state of confidence and motivation, allowing you to better utilize your creativity and envision the future you want for it, and believe it's possible.

For the past 2 weeks, I wrote down 3 wins before bed every night and 3 wins for the upcoming day. It's almost like any time during the day, I've wired my brain to only see the wins I've had, and turn all negatives into learning experiences.

2. Who, Not How

This one has changed my life the most.

You might think you need a boatload of money to get offload things to people.

I can tell you, I am no rich boi right now but I still figured out how to do it.

I raised money to get my product built without having to give up a piece of my company (I started off on this venture thinking I was going to build the whole thing)
I know how bad social media is for me, so I outsourced it to my girlfriend who has gotten millions of views on social media to manage our videos to build our list
I got a technical co-founder who can code up anything I ask for
I outsourced some of my duties in getting real estate deals to VA's by training them how to do things I didn't need to do, who are super cheap.

It's allowing me to instead of focus on 100 things, only have 3 real priorities each day (for marketing our product). It's motivating and energizing.

3. 10X is Easier Than 2X

If I asked you to double your monthly income, what would you do?

You're probably thinking.. There's 100 different things I could do. It's incredibly overwhelming.

What if instead I asked you, what would you to 10X your monthly income?

All of a sudden, you have to change the strategy. You need to hire. You need to raise money, you need more collaborations. 10X thinking simplifies everything.

Therefore, it's easier to go 10X than it is to go 2X..

My thought for me was, I'm in real estate.. And I'm the one getting the houses bought for a company. I will make like $4k per deal.

I was thinking how could I go 10X..?

The immediate answer was, I need to go to the level where the guy that hired me to acquire houses for him is. I need to go to that level and become that, hire my own sales people, and close deals that net me $20k+ instead of $4k, so i hired a coach to help me get on that level.

I've applied it in more ways, but that was just one.

Is this totally fascinating to anyone else?

One misconception I noticed about myself for the longest time is ...

Oh, I am not successful yet. I must sit in front of the computer and "work" (aka think im working but getting nothing done) for 10 hours a day.

WRONG.

We need to be more intentional about our goals. When we're more intentional about our goals, we become strategic. The people, money, skills, technology we need become clear, and what to do becomes clear, and that often doesn't require as much effort as 2X thinking.

Is this totally life-changing to anyone else?

Have you read these books? Let's start a conversation about them below and expand each others mind on the concepts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Etti

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Sep 26, 2022
Before I say anything that influences anyone to drop out of anything, please know I am just a young entrepreneur documenting my process on this forum. As I learn more, my personality drastically changes with new information.

With that being said..

Yes, it's true.

The books and people I'm about to share with you affected my mindset so much that I started viewing the act of going to a coding class that I thought would be valuable a few months ago to "be able to code my own product" as a waste of time..

So, I got up, and I left.

But really.. deep down.. it was just because of a desire to "fit in" and be going to college.

I don't know if the insights I'm about to share with you are going to be as profound to you as they are to me, but I couldn't sleep for 5 nights after reading these books and beginning to put them into action.

Before I tell you who they are, here's one of the most shocking insights I had through learning this exciting information:

When you are the visionary & leader, it doesn't matter HOW it gets done. It just matters that it gets done, and creating the vision is 80% of the way there. The other 20% is how it gets done, and that done does not have to be done by you.

With this mindset, the ONLY skill is leadership.

You know what I heard recently from an entrepreneur named Peter Diamandis also that just totally rocked my world?

With the right money, the right people, and the right technology, anything is possible. The right money and the right people can create the technology. The right technology and the right people can attract the money. But the technology and the money without the people won't work.

I can't imagine being a coder knowing this information. It feels incredibly small-minded. Us as individuals cannot create massive change, we can only envision the future and put together the money, people, and technology to create that change.

Without further ado, the authors and books that have recently had this impact on me..

ALL of the 3 books by Dr Benjamin Hardy, and Dan Sullivan.

How I've applied each:

1. The Gap And The Gain

You can train your brain, using selective attention, to measure yourself by the wins that you've had without focusing on the negatives AT ALL, which creates a perpetual state of confidence and motivation, allowing you to better utilize your creativity and envision the future you want for it, and believe it's possible.

For the past 2 weeks, I wrote down 3 wins before bed every night and 3 wins for the upcoming day. It's almost like any time during the day, I've wired my brain to only see the wins I've had, and turn all negatives into learning experiences.

2. Who, Not How

This one has changed my life the most.

You might think you need a boatload of money to get offload things to people.

I can tell you, I am no rich boi right now but I still figured out how to do it.

I raised money to get my product built without having to give up a piece of my company (I started off on this venture thinking I was going to build the whole thing)
I know how bad social media is for me, so I outsourced it to my girlfriend who has gotten millions of views on social media to manage our videos to build our list
I got a technical co-founder who can code up anything I ask for
I outsourced some of my duties in getting real estate deals to VA's by training them how to do things I didn't need to do, who are super cheap.

It's allowing me to instead of focus on 100 things, only have 3 real priorities each day (for marketing our product). It's motivating and energizing.

3. 10X is Easier Than 2X

If I asked you to double your monthly income, what would you do?

You're probably thinking.. There's 100 different things I could do. It's incredibly overwhelming.

What if instead I asked you, what would you to 10X your monthly income?

All of a sudden, you have to change the strategy. You need to hire. You need to raise money, you need more collaborations. 10X thinking simplifies everything.

Therefore, it's easier to go 10X than it is to go 2X..

My thought for me was, I'm in real estate.. And I'm the one getting the houses bought for a company. I will make like $4k per deal.

I was thinking how could I go 10X..?

The immediate answer was, I need to go to the level where the guy that hired me to acquire houses for him is. I need to go to that level and become that, hire my own sales people, and close deals that net me $20k+ instead of $4k, so i hired a coach to help me get on that level.

I've applied it in more ways, but that was just one.

Is this totally fascinating to anyone else?

One misconception I noticed about myself for the longest time is ...

Oh, I am not successful yet. I must sit in front of the computer and "work" (aka think im working but getting nothing done) for 10 hours a day.

WRONG.

We need to be more intentional about our goals. When we're more intentional about our goals, we become strategic. The people, money, skills, technology we need become clear, and what to do becomes clear, and that often doesn't require as much effort as 2X thinking.

Is this totally life-changing to anyone else?

Have you read these books? Let's start a conversation about them below and expand each others mind on the concepts.
Mike, Let me tell you something bro, you are ON FIRE with this thinking. oddly enough I play this play smarter not harder rule has been taking over my entire life! and all I've been doing within this past year is been finding systems that can easily help me in your words 10x EVERYTHING, you just worded it better than I ever could! I've been doing everything in my power to analyze all parts of my life where I see I can I need to apply strategy and tactic, (even in my chess games lol) and just explode! I can tell you right now, this is definitely the road to what I would perceive extreme success is all about, and I'm all in this with you brother! keep it up!! I can't wait to see what you come up with in the near future I will definitely be following you! we gotta connect man! blessings brother!

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I wish you success, but personally I have my doubts and reservations about this strategy.

It’s very hard to convince strangers to trust you and follow you. Especially when you’re not highly capable already.

My employees in my agency trust me, because I’m capable. In many cases I can do things better than them, and even when I can’t, I can do way more things than they can. They know this, therefore they trust me and relish the opportunity to learn from me.

Clients trust me, because they see me applying the same things I teach them to apply. And so on.

All of this comes from competence. I struggle to see how you will assemble a great team, and convince people to do business with you, without extensive domain expertise.

Maybe I’m just an old dinosaur, but I personally think you’re better off investing in domain expertise than “airy fairy” leadership.

Etti

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Sep 26, 2022
I wish you success, but personally I have my doubts and reservations about this strategy.

It’s very hard to convince strangers to trust you and follow you. Especially when you’re not highly capable already.

My employees in my agency trust me, because I’m capable. In many cases I can do things better than them, and even when I can’t, I can do way more things than they can. They know this, therefore they trust me and relish the opportunity to learn from me.

Clients trust me, because they see me applying the same things I teach them to apply. And so on.

All of this comes from competence. I struggle to see how you will assemble a great team, and convince people to do business with you, without extensive domain expertise.

Maybe I’m just an old dinosaur, but I personally think you’re better off investing in domain expertise than “airy fairy” leadership
Well assuming you add value in the lives of your customers and the people you are leading, then this isn't some "airy fairy" waste of time leadership "scam". being intentional about our goals, and becoming laser strategic. is far from fairy! especially if you're in the trenches with your team and with the customers. sure I can see if you're coming from a place where you've NEVER put in work are lazy and haven't ever put yourself in the position to some degree of the people you've hired and are all "wishy washy" with an attitude of all talk and no action, that sort of a person NEVER makes it no matter what field they ar in. but if you have your values in tact, are indeed still a hard worker in being a leader. truly learning every day about how to add value in the lives of your employees, your customers and your businesses then everything you mentioned above is indeed a viable process that I agree with brother!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.