The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

They say rich don't watch youtube

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

goldminer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Feb 19, 2024
I've been curious about the lives of wealthy individuals. I mean, what do they do for fun if YouTube isn't their thing? It's not just about their entertainment preferences; I'm genuinely intrigued by their day-to-day routines and habits. Moreover, I can't shake off the fascination of what it feels like to be rich. How do they structure their days, manage their time, and what kind of leisure activities do they indulge in?

It's a whole different world, and understanding it better could provide some valuable perspectives on wealth and lifestyle. Also, considering the portrayal of the rich in media, with their apparent lack of tension, carefree spending habits, and minimal responsibilities, I can't help but wonder if that's accurate. What's the reality behind the glamorized portrayal, and what does it actually feel like to be wealthy?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Lol and they fly on unicorns and shit little pieces of aquamarine.

The wealthy are like everyone else. That myth of them being some superheros who never do anything that regular people enjoy is false.

When you become wealthy, it magnifies who you are and what your passions are.

I love traveling and learning new things so now I simply travel and learn more. Sadly, I don't own a unicorn and still watch YouTube like a peasant.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Lol and they fly on unicorns and shit little pieces of aquamarine.

The wealthy are like everyone else. That myth of them being some superheros who never do anything that regular people enjoy is false.

I love traveling and learning new things so now I simply travel and learn more. Sadly, I don't own a unicorn and still watch YouTube like a peasant.
Believe it’s a pain in the a$$ to be rich…..

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
564%
Apr 17, 2022
It's not just about their entertainment preferences; I'm genuinely intrigued by their day-to-day routines and habits.
How do they structure their days, manage their time, and what kind of leisure activities do they indulge in?

Assuming that 1% of the world population could be considered wealthy, that would be a group of almost 100 million people.

100 million.

Do you believe that all these people can be dehumanized and labeled as "the wealthy", and that they form a special cult of elitists who unanimously wake up at 5 AM, take cold showers, and meditate while eating fruit?

You have been brainwashed by the YouTubers into believing this distorted view of reality.

Wealth is the result of decades of wisdom, discipline, and hard work, and cannot be traced down to a few shitty habits and morning routines.

If there is only one trait that most (if not all) successful people have in common, that would be their strong internal locus of control.

What this means is that they have - at some point - discovered the fact that their life is what they have CREATED for themselves. And they decided to take full ownership of it.

Once you become fully aware that you are in the driver's seat of your life, a whole new world of endless possibilities opens up.

@Kak talks extensively about the locus of control on his radio show - I would highly recommend checking it out.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 30, 2022
Rich people can play games and watch social media too.

You can watch YouTube or play games for like 1-2 hours a day, and spend the rest of the day actively working on your craft/business without action faking and you'd probably be rich eventually.

Although, if you want to maximize your chances of winning then spending every waking second working is the best move to play, which is what the absolute top performers do. BUT, it doesn't mean you need to do so in order to be rich.

Either way, I don't think it matters that much.

I personally don't even enjoy watching social media anymore and find improving oneself more rewarding nowadays.

Thats probably true with a lot of "rich" people.

I think you need to question more on how you want to live your life.

Its fine to consume, as long as your fully aware of the consequences of your consumption and have full control over yourself since thats a choice you made.

The issue with consumption comes when the things you consume control you, not the other way around, which is why a lot of people (including myself) just cut it out entirely since its too hard to control.

The most fulfilled rich people control their life and have a clear understanding of how they want to live. Whether that means playing games every once in a while or completely locking in 24/7. Either way, its a choice YOU make.

MichelleWood

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jun 28, 2023
Melbourne, Australia
100% true @MTF !!! Wealth is a magnifier, if you're generous having wealth makes you more generous. If you're a jerk having wealth makes you a bigger jerk!

I can't shake off the fascination of what it feels like to be rich.
Why don't you work on becoming 'rich', and then you'll know;).

Generally, being wealthy affords you time, which by the way is more valuable than money. When your time is your own you can do whatever you damn please. I've found that as my net worth has increased over the years, the things I 'love' have remained constant. For instance, I loved to watch movies - I still do. If I feel like watching a film at 9am rather than working I do. I loved to travel- I still love it. I just fly with better airlines and business class (where I can) and stay in nicer resorts and hotels instead of YHA.

FYI I still enjoy camping - my ex sister-in-law could not get her head around why we would still go camping/jet-skiing at the river, when we can afford to stay at private islands overseas. Daaah, cos camping's fun!

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Nov 21, 2016
How do they structure their days, manage their time, and what kind of leisure activities do they indulge in?
First and foremost, you need to ditch the idea of absolutes. Absolutes are for mathematics. Rich people are normal human beings who just have a lot more money than you. That's it. They don't all abstain from YouTube or Netflix. Some might abstain from social media while they are building their empire and others might be fully retired and enjoying all of their free time doing whatever they want, including watching YouTube and Netflix.

The problem with the YouTuber cliche of how a rich person lives is that even if you could find 3 things the vast majority of them share, they are correlative, not causal. For example, if all rich people took cold showers in the morning, do you think you'd magically become a millionaire after your 100th cold shower? Of course not. It's analogous to food: we know spinach is healthy so scientists will try to isolate certain compounds in spinach to see if they can reproduce the healthy benefits that spinach provides by supplementing only with spinach_compound_2357. Big shocker, it has no effect. Spinach is healthy because of the sum of all of its ingredients. Want to eat healthier? Just eat the damn spinach. Stop focusing on which particular compound does what.

Don't obsess over cold showers or a 5 am wake-up. These are specific ingredients that won't matter if you don't ingest the whole product. Like @heavy_industry mentioned, one of the overarching concepts is an internal locus of control. I would say that efficiency is probably at the top of the list. Managing your time efficiently, creating an efficient workflow system, etc.

I've tutored for years and the biggest mistake people make is memorizing the steps to solve particular problems instead of just understanding the concept. Learn WHY rich people do what they do or you're going to be staring at your crypto investment while cold showering wondering why you're still poor.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I've been curious about the lives of wealthy individuals. I mean, what do they do for fun if YouTube isn't their thing? It's not just about their entertainment preferences; I'm genuinely intrigued by their day-to-day routines and habits. Moreover, I can't shake off the fascination of what it feels like to be rich. How do they structure their days, manage their time, and what kind of leisure activities do they indulge in?

It's a whole different world, and understanding it better could provide some valuable perspectives on wealth and lifestyle. Also, considering the portrayal of the rich in media, with their apparent lack of tension, carefree spending habits, and minimal responsibilities, I can't help but wonder if that's accurate. What's the reality behind the glamorized portrayal, and what does it actually feel like to be wealthy?
It's in the news, right?

They buy farmlands, get ready for doomsday bunker, set up a charity trust, and appoint family members as key managers.

Daily routine and hobbies it varies from individuals.

Last edited:

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Mar 24, 2021
England
Because you asked I'll share directly from my personal experience. I know only 1 millionare family. They live close-by and I've spent significant amount of time with them (even had a chance to live together for few months when I was younger). Huge house, lots of 'things' - like African drums which worth a fortune, but to me it's just a pair of drums haha, you know the typical millionare stuff...

As most here said - 'millionares' are people, like everyone else too. And that's a fact.

From my experience living together I'll add that in this family there was only 1 person who was the 'fastlaner', all the other family members did exactly what most regular people do.

From observing the 'fastlaner' individual I concluded few things, which I'll share:

1. They were religiously passionate on the morning routine. Always fruits and berries for breakfast, juices, cereal, toasts... you name it.
2. They found enjoyment in their work, and they would - work, work, and work.
3. When they took breaks, they took luxury breaks.

So to break this down, I translate this to -
1. Form habits and stick to them.
2. Enjoy whatever business you are doing.
3. Take breaks, good breaks.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I use youtube for two purposes:
Watching videos about my sport( extreme enduro), for entertainment and for learning;
And when I want to do,fix, maintain something. There’s allways a video, how to change parts on machines.

Than sometimes it happens, that I stay and juts watch any shit coming. Afterwards I allways am angry to myself spending my time for…nothing.

I still haven’t fixt the machine I watched. Still havent tried a riding techic I saw.

And I can’t believe, that another much more money would change that.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
@Kak talks extensively about the locus of control on his radio show - I would highly recommend checking it out.

I wish I had an internal locus of control

But I can’t help it

;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!