The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are Some Other Ways to get Businesses to Make More Besides Web Design?

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Nov 15, 2022
Hi guys, I got a second client the other day. Things are going well but I thought of something. I thought what if I made my offer better to clients. Not really sure how all I now is how to make websites for people but I think maybe there are some other skills would be appreciated. Does anyone know others skills that I can learn to increase sales and results for businesses? I would appreciate some advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TCMorgan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
526%
Feb 19, 2016
Hi guys, I got a second client the other day. Things are going well but I thought of something. I thought what if I made my offer better to clients. Not really sure how all I now is how to make websites for people but I think maybe there are some other skills would be appreciated. Does anyone know others skills that I can learn to increase sales and results for businesses? I would appreciate some advice.
There are two good ways to go about getting the answer to your question...

1. Ask yourself what your clients need. Who are you clients? What problems do they face? If you don't know the answer to these, you probably aren't ready to branch out yet. If you know what problems your clients face, then learn to solve those.

2. Look to companies who also provide the service you offer. You offer web design. Look to other web designers. What complimentary services do they offer? If they are successfully offering those complimentary services, it is safe to assume that those who need service A may also need service B.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Nov 15, 2022
There are two good ways to go about getting the answer to your question...

1. Ask yourself what your clients need. Who are you clients? What problems do they face? If you don't know the answer to these, you probably aren't ready to branch out yet. If you know what problems your clients face, then learn to solve those.

2. Look to companies who also provide the service you offer. You offer web design. Look to other web designers. What complimentary services do they offer? If they are successfully offering those complimentary services, it is safe to assume that those who need service A may also need service B.
Thank you

sdbrownlie

Building Links for SEO Peeps
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Oct 26, 2017
Royal Leamington Spa
There's a copywriter on linkedin who shows up in my feed all the time. She just works with webmasters on copy for their client sites. They resell her/mark her up and still make money/sales despite her being expensive. So I'd say copy is a key thing for you to add - but make sure you use someone good (but probably not super expensive... be smart there's lots of people undersell themselves). There's no point a business having a better looking site if the words on the page are garbage and couldn't sell Naloxone to a dying addict on the street.

If you do go down that road make sure you understand what pages they need from an SEO perspective too. I always use the example of a pest control business. Many just have a 'services' page and list out everything they do. But at the end of the day they should have a page for each of those services. It's not just that Google might rank them better if they actually have a 'wasp removal' page instead of just listing it somewhere it's that they'll sell to more people if they have a page that properly explains how they remove wasps, what's involved for the customer etc. The beauty of that, of course, is you sell more pages to most of your customers...

I'd suggest SEO too but that can be an absolute nightmare if you don't know what you're doing/cause you more problems than it solves. Everyone you hear good things about ends up ruining your reputation with your clients when the penalties hit - I once did a penalty removal presentation at a BNI breakfast I was invited to present to about that where their trusted SEO who'd been killing it for the group for years suddenly wiped all their businesses out when Penguin hit etc. So that's one to keep in mind but only when you understand enough to properly evaluate all the shady stuff 90% of the SEO industry gets up to...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Nov 15, 2022
There's a copywriter on linkedin who shows up in my feed all the time. She just works with webmasters on copy for their client sites. They resell her/mark her up and still make money/sales despite her being expensive. So I'd say copy is a key thing for you to add - but make sure you use someone good (but probably not super expensive... be smart there's lots of people undersell themselves). There's no point a business having a better looking site if the words on the page are garbage and couldn't sell Naloxone to a dying addict on the street.

If you do go down that road make sure you understand what pages they need from an SEO perspective too. I always use the example of a pest control business. Many just have a 'services' page and list out everything they do. But at the end of the day they should have a page for each of those services. It's not just that Google might rank them better if they actually have a 'wasp removal' page instead of just listing it somewhere it's that they'll sell to more people if they have a page that properly explains how they remove wasps, what's involved for the customer etc. The beauty of that, of course, is you sell more pages to most of your customers...

I'd suggest SEO too but that can be an absolute nightmare if you don't know what you're doing/cause you more problems than it solves. Everyone you hear good things about ends up ruining your reputation with your clients when the penalties hit - I once did a penalty removal presentation at a BNI breakfast I was invited to present to about that where their trusted SEO who'd been killing it for the group for years suddenly wiped all their businesses out when Penguin hit etc. So that's one to keep in mind but only when you understand enough to properly evaluate all the shady stuff 90% of the SEO industry gets up to...
OK I'll learn SEO, copywriting and digital marketing and I'll implement them on my own website so I don't screw things up for clients. And I would also be getting better at those skills so if I do get a client I'll be way more likely to do a good job and would be good for leverage

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.