The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What I learned from my 2nd sale.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Anna13

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 1, 2023
Hey guys,
got my 2nd sale this month, sounds small, but it's big for me, because it means that my first sale was not only "luck".
Here's what I've learned: I over delivered in value, not even expecting a sale in this situation, and boom! right after that the customer bought.

My former belief (MY belief = ego driven haha) was this: if I give away free stuff, no one will buy, because they got it for free. The market did not care about my beliefs and proved me wrong. Since then I give value big time and get lots of great feedback that I collect and can use for my website later. At this point (I'm on the Fastlane since a couple of months) I don't expect to sell much, but I'm going to adjust to that lesson and keep giving much value to the market.

Next goal for me: improve my sales page and my checkout page. I already did some adjustments in the past and got from 25% clicking from sales page to checkout page to 36% clicking from sales to checkout page, so I improved my sales page, but want to be better. I'm so into that "getting better and adjusting with small steps thing" that it feels like a fun game now.

I'm reading The Millionaire Fastlane for the 4th time right now, and it's still such amazing stuff, it's like a Bible for business people, thank you @MJ DeMarco!

P.S.: does anyone know what is generally a good percentage number of customers clicking from sales to checkout page? Many thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Hey guys,
got my 2nd sale this month, sounds small, but it's big for me, because it means that my first sale was not only "luck".
Here's what I've learned: I over delivered in value, not even expecting a sale in this situation, and boom! right after that the customer bought.

My former belief (MY belief = ego driven haha) was this: if I give away free stuff, no one will buy, because they got it for free. The market did not care about my beliefs and proved me wrong. Since then I give value big time and get lots of great feedback that I collect and can use for my website later. At this point (I'm on the Fastlane since a couple of months) I don't expect to sell much, but I'm going to adjust to that lesson and keep giving much value to the market.

Next goal for me: improve my sales page and my checkout page. I already did some adjustments in the past and got from 25% clicking from sales page to checkout page to 36% clicking from sales to checkout page, so I improved my sales page, but want to be better. I'm so into that "getting better and adjusting with small steps thing" that it feels like a fun game now.

I'm reading The Millionaire Fastlane for the 4th time right now, and it's still such amazing stuff, it's like a Bible for business people, thank you @MJ DeMarco!

P.S.: does anyone know what is generally a good percentage number of customers clicking from sales to checkout page? Many thanks!
Congrats - keep up the work!

So this seems right up @Andy Black 's alley to comment on but I would personally say that the percent can really only ever be compared to your own previous percent conversion/checkout page clicks etc.

Reason why is it can show you how tight/untight your ad spend or general marketing is (how close were you to spending only on the best potential customers?). Buuuuuut the kicker is it is still important to look at total profit when comparing those two because there are so many variables. For instance 100% conversion sounds great but would you want that if it was only 1 sale or 1% conversion with 1000 orders? Once you have the 1% conversion with 1000 orders then you may want 5% and 1000 orders (had to serve less/pay less on ads potentially to get that)... but what if getting to that 5% meant more expensive keywords (for example for 5x the conversion what if you spent 20x the ad spend)? See why total profit always needs looked at?

To cut out the marketing source and just improve the site flow you have to A/B test the same audience on different versions of your site funnel. So you know hey of the customers that came from this FB/Google Ad I sent 50/50 to these two versions. Version A did 10% better converting... Okay make version A your new standard and then A/B test improvements from that.

Last edited:

Anna13

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 1, 2023
Congrats - keep up the work!

So this seems right up @Andy Black 's alley to comment on but I would personally say that the percent can really only ever be compared to your own previous percent conversion/checkout page clicks etc.

Reason why is it can show you how tight/untight your ad spend or general marketing is (how close were you to spending only on the best potential customers?). Buuuuuut the kicker is it is still important to look at total profit when comparing those two because there are so many variables. For instance 100% conversion sounds great but would you want that if it was only 1 sale or 1% conversion with 1000 orders? Once you have the 1% conversion with 1000 orders then you may want 5% and 1000 orders (had to serve less/pay less on ads potentially to get that)... but what if getting to that 5% meant more expensive keywords (for example for 5x the conversion what if you spent 20x the ad spend)? See why total profit always needs looked at?

To cut out the marketing source and just improve the site flow you have to A/B test the same audience on different versions of your site funnel. So you know hey of the customers that came from this FB/Google Ad I sent 50/50 to these two versions. Version A did 10% better converting... Okay make version A your new standard and then A/B test improvements from that.
Ah I see, there's much more to look at than a general number! Thank you for taking the time to explain, really appreciate it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.