The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where do I read about ideas that satisfy the commandment of time?

jenna

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 3, 2023
I would have thought it would be in the "time" tag but that's mostly people talking about how they spend their time.

It's not in the "cents" tag or "commandments" tag. I found a tag called "commandment of time" and there's only 3 posts there. To me, "time" is the most important of the commandments.

If you buy a Subway, you have bought yourself a job. A harder job that takes up more of your time than just getting a regular job. If you write a book, you write it once and can sell it forever. I want to read about ideas like writing a book, and other things that satisfy the commandment of time.

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, I totally misread your post and confused time for control. Brain fart, my apologies.

You don't need to "read about" ideas, you find and analyze them.

Once you're locked on an idea, then ask, "Is there any one entity, person, or corporation that can end (cancel) my business in one decision? If so, what is the likelihood?"

I want to read about ideas like writing a book, and other things that satisfy the commandment of time.

In book publishing, the nemesis is Amazon. If Amazon cancels you, you're screwed. Which makes the 2nd question the effective one to ask, pending the first.... LIKELIHOOD of such action?

Writing novels in the Fantasy realm is low- to no-risk.
Writing books that threaten political ideologies, wokeness, and controversial subjects: High risk.

Same goes for YouTube channels that have millions in subscribers
Is your content a threat? Then you face a Commandment of Control issue.
Is your content not a threat, but just valuable? Then you don't have a Control issue.

Your issue is one of analysis, not about someone giving you ideas.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I would have thought it would be in the "time" tag but that's mostly people talking about how they spend their time.

It's not in the "cents" tag or "commandments" tag. I found a tag called "commandment of time" and there's only 3 posts there. To me, "time" is the most important of the commandments.

If you buy a Subway, you have bought yourself a job. A harder job that takes up more of your time than just getting a regular job. If you write a book, you write it once and can sell it forever. I want to read about ideas like writing a book, and other things that satisfy the commandment of time.

Thank you.
I think you got the idea wrong.

Time is most of the time the last comandment you fulfill. Buying a subway can be suboptimal, yes. But if you have enough profit in that subway and you can hire a manager then suddenly your a investor enoying passive income.

The reality is that you can fix the time comandment in literally every business with a combination of HR, Software and Capital.
If you want to be sure that your business can fit the time comandment then you need to make sure that you have high margins. Any business where the margins are so wide that you can fit everyones paycheck and your own into them will not struggle with the time comandment. It is in a way the result of scale, which is the result of a need.

Yes, selling a infoproduct is very time independent. In theory...

What if you got yourself a full time job managing your personal brand (the only thing that cant effectivly be outsourced) by having a book and wanting to live off sales from that book and other articles?

Expand your thinking and realize that a business with a strong NEED and SCALE will also fix the TIME component.

jenna

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 3, 2023
You don't need to "read about" ideas, you find and analyze them.

Your issue is one of analysis, not about someone giving you ideas.
I want to read what others have done and then analyze those ideas for myself. If someone posted, "I created a newsletter and it satisfied the commandment of time," I could consider that idea for myself. If I read 50 or 100 of these kinds of posts, that will be helpful in choosing one and finding or coming up with my own ideas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.