The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Writing a business plan

Brootal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 30, 2009
Virginia
To be honest I do not know how to write a proper business plan. I wrote a basic one in college for an assignment but that was a few years ago.

I see that some people say they are not needed and other say they are absolutely necessary.

My question is: is it worth it to pay someone to sit down and write one with me for the first time? I have a few ideas for business that I want to further evaluate and I feel that now would be the best time to learn how to properly write out a business plan.

I poked around on Google and found few resources that either didn’t overcomplicate the process or weren’t full of advertisements and redirects.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

x9vjzs098u123rnl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
USA
I have to say, the whole "predictions" part of the business plan sucks for me. Especially in the internet marketing world. How do you predict stuff like that?

But anyways, the more practical aspects of a business plan are great for getting clear on your goals, motivations, and intentions. It also gives you a great look at the competitive edge of your business.

I'd totally recommend you check out Palo Alto Business Plan Pro.

It's the only way i was able to write mine :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.