The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trismigistus Execution Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 5, 2023
Hi all! I am beginning my process/execution thread, I want to be a part of this forum as much as possible and interact with everyone and hopefully get pointers from entrepreneurs who are ahead of me and from the BAMF MJ.

I have read through fastlane and unscripted , I am currently 30 pages away from finishing rat race escape. I had my FTE while reading unscripted before I read the FTE chapter. My path seems as though it is being led by the hand of God and I am truly grateful for his presence in my life. I believe he put MJs and his books in my life, so thank you MJ, I believe that without you then I could never be where I am, not only are you helping entrepreneurs but you are being used as a tool of God to aid Him in flourishing the good and holy on earth.

Anyways, besides all the mental work I have done, I have totally shifted my leisure activities and replaced them with activities that will get my closer to my unscripted goals. Every day after work, I'd play games for an hour or 2, then at night I'd get right back on or watch TV. I've completely excised this from life, but I do take off Friday evenings and Sunday mornings to spend quality time with my wife, not that we don't spend time together but it is always in the context of working. Everyday I try to get in 3-4 hours working towards my goals. I used to go to bed at 11-12 a night and wake up at 8-9, now I am going to bed between 9-10 and waking up at 6-7 to get some time in to work towards launching my business before I start my 9-5. During all this, I have been talking to my wife about my mental shifts and how I am going to start a business. We have been talking about starting a business for a couple years now but not really knowing where to start or taking any action. After reading MJs books I realize the ideas we had were total shit. One idea was a cat cafe and the other idea was a local small grocery store in our neighborhood, we live 30 mins from a normal city so we thought it would be cool to have a convenience store out in the boonies where we live.

I had my wife read the millionaire fastlane so she could be on the same mental level with me as to starting a business and selecting a viable idea to unscript with. I finished unscripted a bit ago, I think a week or two now, and have been working through the rat race escape. My wife is currently working through unscripted then rat race after. She has been coming up with viable ideas a long with me and it has been fantastic and surprising, she came up with an excellent idea a couple days ago and she hasn't even finished reading through all the books. She is also finding pain points and issues to drive her idea development.

My wife and I sat down and calculated our escape number, we are almost through this evolution, it is a bit more difficult than what was observed at first glance, but we are making sure we account for everything. We made our 10 year plan and this weekend we will complete our 5 years and 1 year. We already developed the next month goals, by nov 2 she will have the books completed and all idea generation will be finished by then. Come Nov 11, we will have completed CENTS analysis along with the other analytical tools MJ gives us throughout the books. Then on Nov. 11 we will select the most viable idea and move forward with that and create a new month plan. On top of this, we are both learning how HTML, CSS and JS because we know that the business will require a website, so we are trying to keep as much as possible under our control.

This is but a high level overview of what has been going on for the past month or so. The real fun begins when I finish the great rat race escape , it'll be full force action mode with our idea, kinda scary, kinda exciting. I am really digging the rat race escape, it reminds me a lot of me and my wife and our story, great story MJ.

Anyways, if you are reading this, thank you for taking your time to read this. God bless!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 5, 2023
Update Post:

Nov 2 and November 11 has come and gone. My wife finished reading all 3 books early and last Saturday (Nov 11) we finished all of our analysis and made a toast to our newly selected business idea. We finished our Planasy and have been working to complete our month of November goals. This is a completely new life for the 2 of us and so far we both really like it. It is a lot more structured and now we have concrete goals to work toward, finishing and completing them is a lot of fun and very rewarding.

The rest of the business goals for the month of November are:
1. Create and research a roadmap/milestone list of everything that is required in-order to launch the business.
2. Brainstorm and develop business idea names.

My wife and I made a plan too try and save as much time as possible. For example, if we complete a monthly goal early in the month, then we won't let that goal activity trail go cold until the next month. We will develop new monthly goals to execute toward.

I will post monthly on the progress toward my entrepreneurial goals, we have a bunch of other goals in our Planasy that are not business related, but I will only be posting about the business goal progress. Thanks for reading! I hope my posts will help anyone out there who can gain value from my experience, even if I am just starting out.

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 5, 2023
Update, it has been awhile. But in the mean time I have been working on the launch of my business. The plan was to launch on April 1 but I lost my job at the end of Feb.

I decided to hold off the launch until I had another job just incase I would need the launch money to feed me and my family.

Well today is the first day of my new job and I now have the income to keep feeding my family and keep the roof over our heads. I will be finishing up the rest of my launch checklist (bank acct, legal, yada yada) and select a new launch date. It will either be June 1 or July 1 depending on money mostly. But things are back on track and will be moving forward! Thank you to the ones who read this and thank you to MJ for writing your books.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.