The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

37yr old newbie business owner wanting to leave the 9-5 absurdity

CharlieB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Apr 29, 2024
Hi! My name’s Charlie and I’m new to this forum and new to starting my own business. I’m 37, married with no kids. I can’t talk to my husband about my dream to leave my govt 9-5 because he has the slow lane mentality. So I’m trying to find my people. I am working on my first book and have a podcast in the same niche. I’m excited to be here and learn from others who have way more experience and knowledge than I do. Would love to connect!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

easy850

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Aug 8, 2021
I think a blog would be better suited to the fast lane; write about natural living with dogs. It would do pretty well. SImple wordpress setup with some SEO, look into Yoast and how to do on page SEO. Best of luck.

CharlieB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Apr 29, 2024
I think a blog would be better suited to the fast lane; write about natural living with dogs. It would do pretty well. SImple wordpress setup with some SEO, look into Yoast and how to do on page SEO. Best of luck.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I do plan on doing an email newsletter that has articles related to natural living with dogs and I already have a website and a YouTube channel. Being a solopreneur still working a 9-5 I have to watch how much I add to my plate at one time. But I’ll get there!

EMH

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 27, 2021
New York City
Hi! My name’s Charlie and I’m new to this forum and new to starting my own business. I’m 37, married with no kids. I can’t talk to my husband about my dream to leave my govt 9-5 because he has the slow lane mentality. So I’m trying to find my people. I am working on my first book and have a podcast in the same niche. I’m excited to be here and learn from others who have way more experience and knowledge than I do. Would love to connect!

Hi Charlie - I too am in a similar situation of wanting to finally escape the 9 to 5 rat race grind. To date, have tried a couple things myself which were ultimately not successful but still pushing hard none the less.

Wishing you the best!

CharlieB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Apr 29, 2024
Hi Charlie - I too am in a similar situation of wanting to finally escape the 9 to 5 rat race grind. To date, have tried a couple things myself which were ultimately not successful but still pushing hard none the less.

Wishing you the best!
Same! One of these days we’ll figure it out. Wishing you the best in your journey.

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas
Charlie,

It's great to see you're looking for ways to move forward. Nothing wrong with testing the waters, but if you see an opportunity, talk your husband. He might just surprise you with his reaction. Not to mention, the conversation will need to happen when it's time to scale up.

Blogging, writing, and podcasts can be difficult to find success with due to the low barrier to entry. This doesn't mean not to try, but to figure out what you can do differently than the others in the field. Also check out Andy Black on here as he has a lot of knowledge he's put out about effective advertising.

Best of luck!

CharlieB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Apr 29, 2024
Charlie,

It's great to see you're looking for ways to move forward. Nothing wrong with testing the waters, but if you see an opportunity, talk your husband. He might just surprise you with his reaction. Not to mention, the conversation will need to happen when it's time to scale up.

Blogging, writing, and podcasts can be difficult to find success with due to the low barrier to entry. This doesn't mean not to try, but to figure out what you can do differently than the others in the field. Also check out Andy Black on here as he has a lot of knowledge he's put out about effective advertising.

Best of luck!
Thank you! In all honesty, he supports me as long as I "don't spend too much money trying things". Which is fair. I'm a saver by nature anyway so I would never put us into debt over my entrepreneurial journey and he knows that. I test bits of the conversation each week to hopefully move the needle in a favorable direction.

Love your advice on the writing and podcast piece! Not to be TMI, but I hope to have my own little niche carved out in that I focus mostly on dog poop. I know that sounds weird, but I educate people through my podcast, YouTube channel and newsletter about how to feed your dog to optimize lifelong health. My tag line is: making sure every dog poop is a perfect one! The story behind it is personal experience and the hell that comes with living with a dog that has chronic digestive issues and modern medicine can't figure it out.

Hope to continue to connect with you in here!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Check out @REV5028 posts, she also is pursuing the dog-care niche.

Welcome aboard.

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas
Thank you! In all honesty, he supports me as long as I "don't spend too much money trying things". Which is fair. I'm a saver by nature anyway so I would never put us into debt over my entrepreneurial journey and he knows that. I test bits of the conversation each week to hopefully move the needle in a favorable direction.

Love your advice on the writing and podcast piece! Not to be TMI, but I hope to have my own little niche carved out in that I focus mostly on dog poop. I know that sounds weird, but I educate people through my podcast, YouTube channel and newsletter about how to feed your dog to optimize lifelong health. My tag line is: making sure every dog poop is a perfect one! The story behind it is personal experience and the hell that comes with living with a dog that has chronic digestive issues and modern medicine can't figure it out.

Hope to continue to connect with you in here!
Awesome to hear! I'm not one to crap on anyone's niche. If it works, it works!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...