The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Accountability check-in

Anything related to matters of the mind

rolling78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 1, 2024
Sunday 14 January 2024

Will post here on Sunday once a week. To document my journey. My goal is to reach the fastlane in 10 years. For 2024 I'm focused on:
  • Buying an investment property or land overseas
  • Buying an investment property in Australia
  • Creating a business that adheres to CENTS and makes 10k in profit

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
Your goals are large and non-specific. If you want to hold yourself accountable, assign meaningful tasks to each goal for this week and attack them. Too easy to skate with long-term goals.

rolling78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 1, 2024
Sunday 4 February 2024
OLD GOALS
GOAL #1 — Buying an investment property or land overseas
GOAL #2 — Buying an investment property in Australia
GOAL #3 — Creating a business that makes 10k in profit

NEW goals for 2024
GOAL #1 — Save 55k in cash in 2024
GOAL #2 — Creating a business that makes 10k in profit

Goal 2 above is now Goal 1 which is to save 55k in cash this year as getting the property I want may not be realistically achievable in one year. I've removed goal 2 as it's the same thing and goal 3 has become goal 2.

It's been a good few weeks. After lots of thought and soul searching I've re-calibrated my goals and have bought and been studying for my broking licence. I have property overseas and my dream for a long time now has been to be able to work from anywhere. My current role while well paying ties me to my city and there's no negotiating changing that due to the nature of the role. I'm going to get my broking licence because it interests me and I can provide the service from anywhere. It's also a relatively low initial investment with the ability to start making money (goal is 10k) within a year. I've also removed the CENTS component because it's my first step to a more enjoyable career from which I hope to find a CENTS idea.

Taking into account the feedback @RightyTighty gave above the specifics for my goals this week are:
GOAL #1 — watching what I spend this week, allocating my pay prudently, not spending on bs that doesn't help me achieve either of my goals.
GOAL #2 — getting through a full unit of my course.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sunday 14 January 2024

Will post here on Sunday once a week. To document my journey. My goal is to reach the fastlane in 10 years. For 2024 I'm focused on:
  • Buying an investment property or land overseas
  • Buying an investment property in Australia
  • Creating a business that adheres to CENTS and makes 10k in profit

You need GoalSumo.com -- until these broad goals are narrowed into smaller subsets AND find their way to your daily "to do list", they will remain fantasies.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Goals are cool and all ... consistent action on major tasks that help move you toward your goal are what is needed.

What do you COMMIT to completing this week toward each of those goals?

rolling78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 1, 2024
Sunday 11 February 2024

GOALS FOR 2024
Goal #1 — Save 55k in cash in 2024
Goal #2 — Creating a business that makes 10k in profit

PREVIOUS WEEK GOALS
GOAL #1 — watching what I spend this week, allocating my pay prudently, not spending on bs that doesn't help me achieve either of my goals.
GOAL #2 — getting through a full unit of my course.

Kept things tight this week and weekend and ended up saving $3700 for January. It's not the $4500 I need each month but it's a start and I'm proud of it. I saved $0 in December. I also did much better than a single unit of my course I finished it and now I'm doing the written assignment. Knocked it out of the park this week.

UPCOMING WEEK GOALS
GOAL #1 — not spending a cent over my $180 weekly allowance and nothing else on needless discretionary purchases.
GOAL #2 — doing 5 written test answers every single day of this week.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@rolling78 budgets are cool and all. What specific actions are you taking EACH week to generate money (not save). To find opportunity. To make connections. Provide value to someone. Solve a problem.

Start hustling. Turn $1 into $2. Start finding opportunities and talking through the deals to make them happen. Go sell!

rolling78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 1, 2024
@rolling78 budgets are cool and all. What specific actions are you taking EACH week to generate money (not save). To find opportunity. To make connections. Provide value to someone. Solve a problem.

Start hustling. Turn $1 into $2. Start finding opportunities and talking through the deals to make them happen. Go sell!
It's a good point.

rolling78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 1, 2024
Sunday 3 March 2024

GOALS FOR 2024

I'm getting through my broking course, nearly done with the written assignment then just an oral and timed written test to do. This week I'm going to find a name and start working on my brokerage website and I aim to finish all my written test questions.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
super weak goals.
create goals with a 'why' behind them. then use this pattern for a metric of progress ... i will get X to Y by Z date.

rolling78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 1, 2024
Tuesday 12 March 2024

GOALS FOR 2024

Coursework done, just need to give it all a final check and then submit. Then It’s just the oral assignment and exam. Slowly but surely getting there.

rolling78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 1, 2024
Sunday 17 March 2024

GOALS FOR 2024

Coursework submitted, now moving onto verbal test this week, want to have that done by the end of the week. Also exploring options in my field of work that might have opportunities. It's all going slow but well. Noticing I'm getting distracted a lot but will press on.

rolling78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 1, 2024
Sunday 24 March 2024

GOALS FOR 2024

Verbal test is halfway down. Have also done a call with a potential broking mentor which was positive. I'm continuing with coursework and have a meeting the week after next to discuss a potential business idea.

rolling78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 1, 2024
Sunday 7 April 2024

GOALS FOR 2024

All assessments completed and submitted for the broking course. While studying I've stumbled across a very interesting idea in my industry which I'm exploring which really leverages my skills and abilities. I'm meeting with an expert in the field to discuss if the idea is viable. Either way I've given myself a fortnight to explore or jump into broking. Have several potential mentors lined up if that's the way I'll go. 2 weeks.

rolling78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 1, 2024
Sunday 28 April 2024

GOALS FOR 2024

Got my brokers diploma. Have a mentor lined up. Met with potential business partner in my field. The meeting went well and he agreed the idea had merit and potential. I sent him a basic presentation of my thoughts on it and some preliminary research. He then ghosted me despite two follow-up emails. I found it baffling. I still see him on work conference calls so he's around. Anyway, I guess I you roll with the punches. Doubt he'd start a competing business based on my very limited, blue-sky discussion with him and he seemed like more of a subject matter expert than a doer but who knows.

I've decided that broking isn't going anywhere and I have the industry expertise to build and create a moat here. I've given myself until July to get this up and running, if I can't get customers by then I'll pivot to broking. Next step is create a website. Have given myself 2 weeks to do that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.