The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Admitting there's a problem is the first step.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
@RogueInnovation inspired some serious thought processes for me. The success of "The Fastlane Formula", despite its name, is not predicated or determined by time and time alone. Yes - it does accelerate your path to separating your earnings from time, but taking months or years to obtain that freedom is still "Fastlane".

I need to slow down. I need to stop thinking so hard about the end goal of freedom. Yeah, yeah, technically I am free because I'm not tied to a job and my earnings aren't necessarily determined by my time. It's just hustling though, which doesn't meet the CENTS criteria.

This thread, this journey that I'm currently on, this is about building a business and a brand, not just making money. It's about finding a needs, refining, finding deeper troubles, refining further, and finally getting to the absolute root of the problems that these companies may not even recognize.

Sorry kids, I'm slowing the eff down. Focus is the real key, and I refuse to rush through this. Yes, I want my company to get moving, and I want to be profitable as quickly as possible. I can not rush to push a product out the door that may be subpar, easily replicated, and not properly researched.

If I take the time to build this properly, I will be able to grow this company beyond just profitability. I don't only want to be profitable. I want more than that. I want to build something with staying power and the ability to scale beyond my own wildest dreams. I want my exit to be in a few years at not a 7 or 8 figure valuation, but 10 or 11 figures. Massive wealth is not built in a day - it takes time. Hastily throwing something out there and calling it a business may create an income, it may make you money, but it's still an action fake. That's not a business, that's not success, it's nothing more than a sperm bank - getting paid to mentally masturbate.

Slow and steady wins the race. Gunning it when the light turns green could end well, but it certainly can end with your car wrapped around a tree. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it's the truth.

Thanks for keeping up with me, guys. I've learned more about myself and my path from all of you than I ever could have learned from my own experiences.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I just keep seeing walls of text. If I were you, I'd take a break until you have something to show, a product, customers, something other then ideas and over thinking everything.

Not to sound like an a$$, but you are literally just babbling on about nothing of value that needs to be put here. Get something done, like a first sale or p.o. and then come show us. Until then, you are just furthering your action fake by explaining worthless information.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Wait wait wait just a second. Just because you see the jumble of words on the front end, doesn't mean there is nothing going on behind the scenes... I'm throwing some thoughts and mindset out there, not because I'm stalled in my progress and process, but because that's what happens to be helping me proceed to a higher level of understanding, and these things are leading me further in to the task at hand. What about that means failure? I don't have an end result to speak of because the end hasn't occurred, it's still the beginning. How long has it taken anyone to build something of value? I'm certain more than 15 days.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
the only persons opinions here you have to worry about really are yours... and zens (cause he is holding your checks)

:)

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,186%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Take...action...daily.

Don't get me wrong, it's important to think things through, but take action daily along with it. Fail fast so you can finally get to winning. By golly, fail fast my brother!

Don't be a perfectionist.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
the only persons opinions here you have to worry about really are yours... and zens (cause he is holding your checks)

:)
Carrie, that's not necessarily true either. In the end, the forum folks don't determine my success or failure - it will be my customers. If I build what doesn't work for them, that's a failure and a lesson learned.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Two weeks until my offer expires. Hopefully within two weeks you've stuck a stake in the ground. Good luck.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
unless your customers are here then well... ;)

and what you said was my point exactly, in the end it is you and whatever value you bring that speaks for itself, what you think...

even as great as zen is (and I agree @zen******* is awesome) the only reason I even mentioned him is the checks you gave him... you gave him power (in the $ of your checks)

at the end of the day even what he thinks is irrelevant unless hes going to give you an allowance :)

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Take...action...daily.

Don't get me wrong, it's important to think things through, but take action daily along with it. Fail fast so you can finally get to winning. By golly, fail fast my brother!

Don't be a perfectionist.
That's what I haven't expressed here. Maybe I should have pointed that part out. I've failed a few times already on this project, and I've learned and reigned my process as a result. First was the damn gatekeepers. Then came the thinking waaaaaay too big. Then came the failure to dig deeper. I'm finally starting to break through to the REAL problems and working with them to create a real solution.

I'm not just stroking my thought process, I'm getting shit done but at a pace that I think makes the most sense. If I wanted to just throw something out there and see if it sticks, I'd be chasing money, not chasing the solution to a problem.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Two weeks until my offer expires. Hopefully within two weeks you've stuck a stake in the ground. Good luck.
Vig, I think the very first place that I f*cked up is and still stands as this:

I NEVER EVEN ASKED YOU what YOU consider a stake in the ground!!!

Yes, I'm working toward something, and I'm getting there. But without knowing where the hell I need to be, then working toward satisfying your offer isn't valid! I won't be a millionaire by the end of this challenge, and I may or may not even have a completed product, but without a minimum expectation defined, how can I meet or exceed it? If you would so kindly point this out to me, I'd be most appreciative.

D

DeletedUser394

I want you to succeed, but your posts confuse me. What have you actually done? What have you done today that you can quantify?

Example: 'realizing I'm thinking way too big' is not an action step. It is a fake. In that instance, you haven't done anything. 'Failure to dig deeper', is not an action step. It's a fake.

What gatekeepers?

The reason I'm being hard on you is because we want you to succeed, but I don't want to waste my time reading endless drivel. Every time I come to this thread I hope to read some kind of concrete action, but I'm routinely disappointed.

Example of action: 'I called company XYZ, but they weren't interested because _____'. 'My takeaway from that rejections is _______' 'How I'm going to overcome that particular barrier is that I'll _______.'

Or: 'I searched twitter for painpoints and I came up with ______' 'So I picked a few that I think I could execute and checked their search volume and discovered ______. 'After choosing a couple of solid one's I checked to see if those particular markets are underserved. etc'

You did significantly reduce your posting level which is great. But don't jump from one action fake to another. I've done similar things, and it sucks when you realize you're just wasting time.

I vaguely remember you PMing me a while back asking how you can make $800 in a week or something like that. I don't think you gave me a reason. Did you do anything?

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,186%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Ugh...this guy Jeff lol. Okay man, I'm going to write up a list of action steps for you to take as soon as I get a break from the guppy tank. I'm super swamped with work right now so give me a few hours.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
JAJT quit his job, imported some items, and launched a company.

JasonR threw his printer off a balcony and outsourced his work to scale.

Biophase found some soap, branded it, and launched it on Amazon.

RealOG designed a adult big wheel and successfully brought it through Kickstarter.

RichKid went from riches to rags and back to riches again.

Likwid got onto Shark Tank.

ChickenHawk released her second book in a series.

Ecom Man researched a dozen new products today, and placed a sample order.

KAK changed directions, abandoned his "job" that he owned, and built a passive income machine.

I presented to a VC for a first round equity raise, and inked a few strategic marketing partnerships / distribution agreements.

Darius imported Hookahs.

BensonJ... where do I begin. She's on the fast lane.

AllenCrawley --- I am not at liberty to discuss what he is doing but he got me to spend a small amount of money on him this week.

zen******* takes more action before I get up than I take all day.

Hell, some spammer bought an ad and promoted a tee shirt.

When ideas turn into action, they're apparent, and can be summarized in two sentences or less.

When your action converts into a real strategic plan, it will be apparent to you and everyone around you. And us.

If you are looking for a burning bush, you're talking to the wrong god.

Last edited:

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Alright, I am just posting the wrong shit.

I do take action everyday. I just haven't outlined those actions. I've been posting the lessons I'm learning from those actions rather than explaining them. To me, that is the real progress. When I land a presale, or can QUANTIFY something, that will be something to really post about. That will be the product of these lessons I'm learning. That will be a major success. But learning from the failures is still progress.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
All I am interested in is results. Other people may be interested in your brain dump. All I give a shit about is life changing action that produces money. Nothing else matters to me (as far as this topic is concerned.)

I am thrilled that you are learning a lot. Good for you.

There's a condo in Hawaii I plan on buying. I think I am just going to call the banker, tell them that I don't have the money but have been spending a lot of time learning some cool shit, and see if they will just float it to me. Some day I am sure I can convert all this head knowledge into cash, right? RIGHT? Hell yes. I am a man on a mission.

You're 449 posts deep in this forum. I think you give yourself too much slack.

EVERY ACTION IS NOT EQUAL.

Simon Ashari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 29, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Its just, for me, most medicre businesses have egos, and that is why they are outdated and slow. This gets in the way of them innovating enough to reshape their process, and it manifests in two ways, cheapskate mentalities regarding what upgrades they buy, and "we are the best and don't need to improve" mentalities.
So you have to figure out what will light a fire under them, and how to take the share of value you are responsible for. Demonstrate value, stretch them further, and get better returns that help them get profitable.

I have to say. After reading the OP, I wasn't expecting much. For some reason I decided to read on. Glad I gave the thread a chance.

The above quote is an example of the pearls of wisdom found in this thread alone.

Yes, I'm working toward something, and I'm getting there. But without knowing where the hell I need to be, then working toward satisfying your offer isn't valid! I won't be a millionaire by the end of this challenge, and I may or may not even have a completed product, but without a minimum expectation defined, how can I meet or exceed it? If you would so kindly point this out to me, I'd be most appreciative.

Why don't you make your benchmark "making one sale". I know @Vigilante would have to agree since he is putting up the offer.

In my books, a picture of one check- posted on this thread- would place you as an "action taker" in the minds of those in this forum.

Good luck.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Leopards recognize other leopards as one of their own kind.

Determine your own benchmarks. You don't need anyone else to tell you when you've arrived.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
BTW, I made a ridiculous phone call today, asking for the moon and back from someone because the worst the guy can say is no. But I gave him reasons to say yes. Big huge giant sized ask. Might work. Might not. Wasn't the only ball I had in play today, but it was the biggest ball on the playground. Zen and a few others got a sneak peak yesterday.

Not all actions are equal.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So you will just 'know' if he has reached the benchmark?

Moreso it looks like I will know that he hasn't.

Actions. Not words. Results, not intentions.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
A quickie cop out is not what I want to do Vig! I want to actually build a business that can be sustainable long term. Buying an ad on here and posting a bullshit t shirt isn't action, is it? Is that really an acceptable amount of progress? I'm following the path I've chosen to challenge myself, not to make quick work of feeling good about myself!

Even if that was acceptable, I don't think it would be worth your offer. I would feel right about being done and calling it a day. That would be bullshit. I'm calling manufacturers every day, focusing on their sales departments, trying to help them to streamline their processes and reduce their expenses, with one simple application that doesn't yet exist. How do I know it doesn't exist? Because I literally spent 60 hours last week searching for something similar, and didn't find a damn thing to compete with.

I'm not sitting around sulking every day, wondering how I can get shit done, I'm working my a$$ off on the phone from 8:30 am to 7:30pm sure I take a break or two in between, and after I finish my phone time, I'm on craigslist and eBay looking for shit to flip. I buy things, and sell them locally. On the weekends I'm up at 4:30am to get to the flea market to find better deals.

I'm taking this seriously guys, I'm not playing games. I'm in this to create something, not for a quick buck. Why is that wrong?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It's not wrong. However, in a month (from inception) you should be able to have a tangible, measurable result and direction. You may be moving in that direction. Hope so (for you.)

Simon Ashari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 29, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I'm not sitting around sulking every day, wondering how I can get shit done, I'm working my a$$ off on the phone from 8:30 am to 7:30pm sure I take a break or two in between, and after I finish my phone time, I'm on craigslist and eBay looking for shit to flip. I buy things, and sell them locally. On the weekends I'm up at 4:30am to get to the flea market to find better deals.

I'm taking this seriously guys, I'm not playing games. I'm in this to create something, not for a quick buck. Why is that wrong?

I'm rooting for you too.

But I've been checking your profile every few minutes for the last 30 minutes or so. It says you've been on the forum. Either your computer is just on and you are somewhere else cold calling, or you are blowing a lot of time on the forum.

That reminds me, I should also get off the forum for a while.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm rooting for you too.

But I've been checking your profile every few minutes for the last 30 minutes or so. It says you've been on the forum. Either your computer is just on and you are somewhere else cold calling, or you are blowing a lot of time on the forum.

That reminds me, I should also get off the forum for a while.
Good, because it's 10:37pm here.

D

DeletedUser2

oh, he and I have been chatting

nothing worse than going full speed at the wrong target. some minor target correction is part of the process of NOT getting the checks cashed. massive action in the wrong way does not equal good forward momentum.

so I helped aim a little better

;)
Z

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.