The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Businesses that make CENTS....

Idea threads

Jbrow327

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 22, 2022
So does everyone here have a business that meets all CENTS requirements or just some of them? I'm having a hard time finding ideas that would be a full CENTS business. I'm sure there are plenty of businesses that are very successful without meeting all 5 commandments.

So, what are the best business ideas that follow CENTS? I can only come up with owning a self storage facility right now. What do you say?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
So does everyone here have a business that meets all CENTS requirements or just some of them? I'm having a hard time finding ideas that would be a full CENTS business. I'm sure there are plenty of businesses that are very successful without meeting all 5 commandments.

So, what are the best business ideas that follow CENTS? I can only come up with owning a self storage facility right now. What do you say?
Imo control and need are the only important ones when starting out.
The rest will take care of themselves when the business grows. You can scale anything and also hire people for anything basically.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
567%
Apr 17, 2022
CENTS are not a list of requirements. They are a framework to help you avoid fundamental problems in your business model.
  • No Control: Someone else can close your business at the drop of a hat.
  • Weak Entry: Low profit if all the idiots can start doing it.
  • No Need: Game over.
  • Poor Scale: You won't see asymmetric upside returns on your time and effort.
  • Time Dependent: You are creating a job for yourself, not a business.

A well implemented business can be very successful (at least in the short run), even if it's not CENTS compliant (except NEED, which is the core of any business). But the more vulnerabilities it has, the higher the chances of disaster in the long run.

Don't use CENTS to limit your potential or prevent you from taking action.
There is a huge amount of experience you can gain just by starting to work on any project. You can always adjust the strategy later.

Dufresne85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 3, 2021
CENTS are not a list of requirements. They are a framework to help you avoid fundamental problems in your business model.

A well implemented business can be very successful (at least in the short run), even if it's not CENTS compliant (except NEED, which is the core of any business). But the more vulnerabilities it has, the higher the chances of disaster in the long run.

There is a huge amount of experience you can gain just by starting to work on any project. You can always adjust the strategy later.

This is great - I prefer this way of thinking, 'what to avoid' is somehow easier to remember.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jbrow327

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 22, 2022

Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.