The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey all!

Quick disclaimer: I used prompts to generate the below summary of OpenAI Devday.

Alternatively you can watch the entire thing here, or read the summary below to get a quick understanding of the future of AI.

New models and developer products​

TL;DR: OpenAI DevDay introduced GPT-4 Turbo, Assistants API, multimodal features, DALL·E 3 API, model customization, higher dev rate limits, and Copyright Shield.

Enhanced Interaction and Cost Efficiency​

• GPT-4 Turbo: This is an advanced version of the GPT-4 model that allows for longer conversations with users by supporting a context window of 128K tokens. It's designed to be more cost-effective, reducing the price for processing input and generating output, making it more accessible for extensive use.
  • Updated GPT-3.5 Turbo: An updated iteration of the GPT-3.5 model featuring a 16K token context window, which strikes a balance between the extended capabilities of GPT-4 and the affordability for developers and businesses.

Developer-Friendly APIs and Tools​

• Assistants API: A new API that streamlines the development of AI-powered applications, enabling tasks such as running code, retrieving information, and calling specific functions within the AI's capabilities.
  • Improved Instruction Following and JSON Mode: GPT-4 Turbo now has enhanced abilities to follow complex instructions more accurately and supports a JSON mode, which allows developers to work with structured data more efficiently.

Multimodal and Customization Capabilities​

• Multimodal Capabilities: OpenAI has expanded the AI's abilities to include not just text but also vision and audio, such as analyzing images, generating images with DALL·E 3, and converting text to speech with various voice options.
  • Model Customization: Developers and organizations can now fine-tune the GPT-4 model or create entirely custom models using their own datasets, which is particularly useful for specialized applications.

Advanced Functionality and Accessibility​

• Function Calling Updates: The AI's function-calling feature has been improved to allow multiple functions to be called in a single message, and the returns of function parameters are now more accurate.
  • Reproducible Outputs and Log Probabilities: OpenAI has introduced features that enable the AI to produce consistent outputs for the same inputs and to provide log probabilities for each token it generates, aiding in the analysis of the AI's decision-making process.

Visual and Audio Integration​

• GPT-4 Turbo with Vision: This feature allows GPT-4 to process images as inputs, enabling it to perform tasks like detailed image analysis and reading text from documents.
  • DALL·E 3 API: Developers can integrate the DALL·E 3 image generation model into their applications, allowing for the creation of unique images based on textual descriptions.
  • Text-to-Speech API: This API provides the ability to generate human-like speech from text, offering a range of voice types for various applications.
  • Whisper v3 and Consistency Decoder: An improved automatic speech recognition model and a new decoder that enhances the quality of generated images, improving the AI's ability to understand spoken language and create visual content.

Cost Management and Legal Protection​

• Lower Prices and Higher Rate Limits: OpenAI has reduced the prices for using its models and increased the rate at which tokens can be processed, making it more affordable and scalable for users.
  • Copyright Shield: A new initiative to provide legal support and cover costs for customers who face copyright infringement claims related to the content generated by the AI, adding a layer of protection for businesses.

Introducing GPTs​

TL;DR: OpenAI's GPTs are customizable AIs for various tasks, monetizable via the GPT Store, with strong privacy and API integration. ChatGPT Plus is updated for simplicity and current information.

Customization and Community Innovation​

• Tailored AI Tools: GPTs (customizable ChatGPTs) are designed to allow individuals to create their own AI that can assist with specific tasks. This could range from helping to learn new games, assisting with educational activities, or aiding in creative processes like design. The process is made simple and accessible, requiring no programming skills, which opens up AI customization to a broader audience.
  • Community Contributions: OpenAI is leveraging the creativity and expertise of the wider community by enabling users to contribute their own GPTs. This initiative is expected to result in a rich variety of GPTs that cater to different niches and interests, all built by users from diverse backgrounds.

Monetization and Marketplace​

• GPT Store Launch: OpenAI is introducing a GPT Store, a platform where individuals can share their custom GPTs with the public. This marketplace not only serves as a hub for discovering GPTs but also as a venue for creators to potentially earn revenue based on the popularity and usage of their GPTs.

Privacy, Safety, and Real-World Application​

• Data Privacy and User Safety: With the introduction of GPTs, OpenAI emphasizes the importance of user privacy and safety. Users have control over their data, and there are measures in place to ensure that interactions with GPTs are secure. Additionally, OpenAI has systems to review GPTs against usage policies to prevent the distribution of harmful content.
  • API Integration and Actions: Developers can enhance the functionality of GPTs by connecting them with external data sources or services through APIs. This allows GPTs to perform tasks that have tangible impacts in the real world, such as managing databases, integrating with email systems, or supporting e-commerce activities.

Enterprise Solutions and Enhanced User Experience​

• Enterprise Custom GPTs: For businesses, GPTs offer a new level of customization. Companies can create GPTs for specific departments or functions, which can assist with tasks like drafting documents in a particular brand voice or providing support for customer service inquiries.
  • Improved ChatGPT Plus: The updated ChatGPT Plus service now provides users with more current information, up to April 2023, and a more user-friendly experience by consolidating all model interactions into a single interface, eliminating the need to switch between different AI models.

Moved to the existing thread.

Stan_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 25, 2022
This thing is Insane for Coding. I think it might replace the entire coding market. Coding is incredibly sensitive which means that just one mistake in a 10000 letter code will cause the code to not work anymore. Chat GTP just fixes the problem extremly effectivly. Just type in :"Create a Basic Website with a picture of James Bond in the middle" and it will create it trough a HTML file(you would just need to put in a editor).
How much experience in web design / programming do you have?

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
I find ChatGPT really useful for a variety of things. But I'm not sure this is the new high-speed avenue for making big money for the majority of us. Maybe I'm plain wrong, but this feels to me like a crypto bull run, with everyone and their grandmothers creating prompts and talking about the topic. One more gold rush, just that this one will be monitored by governments closely before AI gets out of hand. Just look at home many GPT frontends there are out there, probably hundreds, yet only a couple of them make significant money. Survivorship bias?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
Kind of disappointed with this GPTs thing. I created one and it was ignoring instructions. It even removed some of the (non-conflicting) features when I instructed to add some new ones. And the actual prompt using the GPT was so slow, over 40 seconds to generate a medium example. Maybe they'll improve it, but so far I'm not impressed at all.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
So, do I understand this right? You could create your own business mentor gpt and upload 100 or 1000 books so that the business mentor gpt can use them. This could make the business mentor gpt way better than the normal gpt4 because the normal gpt4 didn't have access to books because of copyright issues?

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 17, 2022
Kind of disappointed with this GPTs thing. I created one and it was ignoring instructions. It even removed some of the (non-conflicting) features when I instructed to add some new ones. And the actual prompt using the GPT was so slow, over 40 seconds to generate a medium example. Maybe they'll improve it, but so far I'm not impressed at all.
Depends on a number of factors but most likely you're not setting the context correctly.

artz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Oct 24, 2022
Wow this is crazy - I just created my own business mentor GPT based on various business books and models such as CENTS. Now it can evaluate a business idea I have and give very specific feedback... the weird part is, if I would put this GPT public - people could just download the knowledgebase files, violating copyright for sure?
Yes, it's easily possible to reverse engineer. I hope OpenAI addresses this issue in the future.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
Depends on a number of factors but most likely you're not setting the context correctly.
Could be. I was also thinking about this as a REST API: first get the scaffolding of the info. Then expand on point by point with extra queries. But this wouldn't work for what I was trying to do (generate travel guides I could turn into a PDF), users would need to wait for too long. Maybe I wasn't setting the context well, but there wasn't that much context apart from "add start time between locations" and things like that.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
The other assistant I created was a business idea evaluator based on my work, CENTS, etc., and it seems to do pretty well with that.
Maybe it depends on what we are trying to make then. Anyway, as you say, this is still in beta, it should only improve :)

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 17, 2022

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
I've noticed slowness and network issues when using GPT4. Not sure if its related.

Anyone else facing the same issues?
Yes. Unable to upload pdf's with askyourpdf.

You have quite a software productocracy when (1) you have to tell people you can't accept any more money for a while and (2) no one who has already paid is screaming for a refund when the product fails to perform.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
OpenAI fired Sam Altman

Sam Altman just got fired as CEO of OpenAI... This is a reminder to everyone to be "candid in communications".

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jan 5, 2023
France

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Fascinating, for lots of different reasons:

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 17, 2022
GPT store to launch next week.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 10, 2022
Has anyone used Claude paid version from Anthropic? Is it better or worse than ChatGPT 4 paid version?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Wow, impressive. Talk about having the world's knowledge at your fingertips.

What a resource.

If Google uses the content from all the sites it has indexed, people wont need to go to the actual websites. For example, you wouldn't need to go to IMDB to find a movie that two actors were in together, you could just ask Google. IMDB would then get no traffic and no revenue. That would wreak havoc on Adwords.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.