The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Computer Nerds - BREAK This Industry

Idea threads

Meerten

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jan 31, 2016
At the same time, there are so many people who've made fu money while violating Control that it's not even funny.
And I never meant to say otherwise.
But there's fu money and there's fu money. (have you read the $100M SaaS story?)

I suppose all I was saying is to keep an eye on copycats and know that once/if the concept goes mainstream it will poke the bear (...seems like pretty core Facebook stuff to me) and he may want to predict and account for such a time.

i.e. Buy yourself a really nice house but maybe forget about the private jet with this one project.

Small projects can be finished. Unfinished projects never compound.
And here you are right ofcourse.. compound multiple "small" projects and you spread the (Control) risk. Excellent point!
This is also exactly why I said the "don't invest your (proverbial) life savings on it" part BTW.

Maybe we can understand each other after all. Some day. :p

I don't agree with a single thing you wrote @Meerten
His eyes are wide open
Didn't look like it to me!
But maybe you're right. Thanks for chiming in. :smile:

I'll second what Andy said. I got value from your post. I saw the truth of it. And I appreciated his response to it.
Appreciate you letting me know!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Something like this MJ?

Here is the look I gave it :D

Ayush6543

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Sep 2, 2021
Way too low barrier of Entry for my taste.
And it violates Control.

On the other hand.. it's relatively low complexity and could be perfect to sell for a while.
I'd say it's a fine idea for a "lifestyle" type of business if you're not an enterprisey kind of guy.

Either way solving a legitimate need in the world is a worthy adventure.

As such I do really wish you well with this @ilrein, your landing page already looks pretty solid to me!
I think you could definitely improve a lot of people's experience with this and make a ton of bucks in the process.

That being said, for me personally the idea lacks a deeper sense of meaning to motivate me. It would feel like I'm money-chasing instead of leaving a legacy. Also the fact I'm getting into bed with the beast again. Been there done that. Dreams have been shattered. Years of time wasted.

So you may want to keep that in mind..
For business' sakes you may not want to grow this project so large that it starts to attract Facebook's attention.

And I will tell you why:

You and I both know that from the perspective of Facebook's top-of-the-bill development division this functionality is absolutely trivial to make. So trivial in fact, that it's been my repeated experience that it has been a management/executive decision not to feature it. (straight to the masses, that is)

In which case you're going against how Facebook wants to see things in the bigger picture.
Even if their API currently allows for these things to happen.

If your product were to gain a lot of traction, like.. going pretty much mainstream..
..then I can all but guarantee you that it won't be long until Facebook's tools division receives word of it.

In which case what's going to happen is this:
1. Facebook rolls their own functionality since you've already done the hard work of market validation for them (enterprises don't like to take risks)
2. Facebook sticks with their executive decision not to mainstream mass mailing to groups and will just as blatantly limit its API to reflect that decision

Either way.. BOOM you're out.

Ofcourse all of this won't happen as long as companies charge a stupid $1800 a year so that not everyone and their mother will be mass-posting like that.. so that has been stable so far. But guess what.. you're about to stir it.

Most definitely not wanting to be a doomsayer here (on the contrary! pretty awesome execution so far. you should keep going) .. just don't invest your (proverbial) life savings in it.

Ofcourse if you want to help out evolution by nudging Facebook in the right direction at the cost of your project getting subsumed then I suppose that, from a spiritual perspective, that's okay too. And should you hop from project to project like this then you will essentially be leading Facebook and they will try every trick in the book to get you on payroll roflolmao. It'll be fun I promise.

So anyway.

I will say just keep in mind the Commandment of Control and have a safe Fastlane journey! :love:
I don't remember but someone in this forum said "Sitting on your a$$ and doing nothing violates all the commandments"

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hey, has anyone found a solution to this problem?
@Vigilante
There are a few pay solutions out there, but nobody has really addressed this that I have followed. I did find a parallel service that I repurposed to do what I wanted it to do. A few people were looking at this right after I posted it but I didn’t stay with them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.