The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ActionMonth

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Apr 14, 2016
Texas
If you haven't heard about SquareSpace, it's pretty much a site that offers you a website template and domain. The templates are pretty stylish and easy enough to manage and customize without knowledge on how to code. It's pretty amazing in my opinion and the style and design is very modern, sleek and clean with drag and drop style customization.

I used it for a personal website for experimenting and I received a lot of positive feedback on how cool it was. I considered using it for my brand's website to sell my products, but it seems a little pricey. I haven't used any other platforms yet so I don't know if this is the normal price range. Then again, I would be saving myself a lot of time by not having to code and put too much thought on the layout and design.

Here are the prices:
  • Personal - $16/month
  • Business - $26/month
  • Basic(eCommerce) - $30/month
  • Advanced(eCommerce) - $46/month
  • Domain - $12 - $20/year
I've just seen some of you guys posting web hosts for a lot cheaper and I was wondering if using squarespace would be beneficial or if there are web hosts that offer similar benefits at a lower price.

I'm being a cheapskate right now because I'm budgeting and saving up to prepare myself for the next import.

http://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/squarespace-pricing/

Build a Website

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

M Power

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 3, 2015
Illinois
If you haven't heard about SquareSpace, it's pretty much a site that offers you a website template and domain. The templates are pretty stylish and easy enough to manage and customize without knowledge on how to code. It's pretty amazing in my opinion and the style and design is very modern, sleek and clean with drag and drop style customization.

I used it for a personal website for experimenting and I received a lot of positive feedback on how cool it was. I considered using it for my brand's website to sell my products, but it seems a little pricey. I haven't used any other platforms yet so I don't know if this is the normal price range. Then again, I would be saving myself a lot of time by not having to code and put too much thought on the layout and design.

Here are the prices:
  • Personal - $16/month
  • Business - $26/month
  • Basic(eCommerce) - $30/month
  • Advanced(eCommerce) - $46/month
  • Domain - $12 - $20/year
I've just seen some of you guys posting web hosts for a lot cheaper and I was wondering if using squarespace would be beneficial or if there are web hosts that offer similar benefits at a lower price.

I'm being a cheapskate right now because I'm budgeting and saving up to prepare myself for the next import.

http://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/squarespace-pricing/

Build a Website

Used it in the first iteration of my current project, ended up going to wordpress due to more flexibility and storage limits. It is absolutely perfect for landing pages, personal sites and such but for a deep site there just isnt enough freedom. Thats just my experience though.

ActionMonth

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Apr 14, 2016
Texas
Yeah, everyone on here seems to be going with Wordpress and I been hearing a lot of positive feedback on it. I just never used it myself personally. Ok, I will highly consider using Wordpress for my brand's product website, I will look more into it.

salmonjames

New Contributor
Jan 12, 2017
United States
Yeah, everyone on here seems to be going with Wordpress and I been hearing a lot of positive feedback on it. I just never used it myself personally. Ok, I will highly consider using Wordpress for my brand's product website, I will look more into it.
I am about to start my own online business and I am also searching for some better ecommerce platform. So suggest me some.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I've tried SquareSpace but ditched it due to being too restrictive. I moved to Weebly who, while still restrictive, had some better 3rd party themes which allowed me create the site I wanted (purely informational for an offline business)

For anything else I use WordPress as the support is unrivalled. There is a plugin for just about anything, and if there isn't, WordPress devs are cheap.

salmonjames

New Contributor
Jan 12, 2017
United States
I've tried SquareSpace but ditched it due to being too restrictive. I moved to Weebly who, while still restrictive, had some better 3rd party themes which allowed me create the site I wanted (purely informational for an offline business)

For anything else I use WordPress as the support is unrivalled. There is a plugin for just about anything, and if there isn't, WordPress devs are cheap.
That's pretty awesome and thanks for your detailed answer and sharing your personal experience. Can you let me know if you've ever experienced using Tibolli(.)NET. It's free e-commerce website builder that offers mobile application too.
So I want to go with them but want to know if you can let me know about them or can suggest me something.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.