The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fear is an UNRELIABLE emotion!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Mindsetmary

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 10, 2024
Ottawa, Canada
Hello Fastlaners!

Yesterday was the last day of a 23-year career in the federal public service! I have been thinking about the possibility of this day for 5 years, upskilling and executing for 3 years, and incessantly worrying about this day for 1 year!

Here are some of the thoughts that had been going through my mind in my journey of leaving a stable well-paying career to pursue building my own business:

- I'm not smart enough to figure it out?
- What if I fail?
- What if people don't like me?
- What if nobody sees my value?
- What if I can't make money, how will I support my kids?
- Am I being selfish for taking on such a big risk?
- What if I am judged?
- The online space is overpopulated with coaches, what makes me so special?

As an overthinker, an introvert, and someone who spends a ton of time in my inner world, so much internal resistance came up for me this past year! And yet as the day arrived, to my pleasant surprise, I felt such a high degree of ease, calm, and peace which caught me by surprise. Fear is such an unreliable emotion, and I now have a much better understanding of why FEAR is often coined as False Beliefs Appearing Real! We often create so many narratives around ourselves, what's possible, our environment, other people, and the future, and yet none of that is real, we just think it is because those thoughts, ideas, and emotions originated from us!

I haven't been in this forum for at least a month and yet when I woke up this morning the first thought I had was wanting to share my experience here with all of you. Today is my Day 1 of being a full-time solopreneur and it feels incredible because I am no longer expending all my energy being out of integrity in my career and my life. That overwhelming sense of ease, calm, and peace was experienced because I have spent years of my life living in the "cubicle box", lowering my standards, muting my ambitions, and not embracing my expansive and limitless nature! We are all put on this earth to live fully, learn endlessly, grow profoundly, and to give generously. Anything that hinders us from this path will often manifest as resistance, nudging us to reassess and realign our outer world with our inner world.

Hope this was helpful to someone out there, don't doubt your unique ability, your self-worth, and your self-determination, if that dream is in your heart it's because you were meant to do something with it, you are here because you are meant to make a difference for yourself and for others in big ways and in small ways so embrace who you are and share it with the world!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• IMG_1370.MOV
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Today is my Day 1 of being a full-time solopreneur and it feels incredible because I am no longer expending all my energy being out of integrity in my career and my life
Congrats.

I remember how awesome it was to walk away and never return.

Celebrated with a 2 month vacation abroad with the family as the business made money while I slept. Best summer of my life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mindsetmary

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 10, 2024
Ottawa, Canada
Congrats.

I remember how awesome it was to walk away and never return.

Celebrated with a 2 month vacation abroad with the family as the business made money while I slept. Best summer of my life.
Thank you, I keep reminding myself that I am always one decision away from a completely different life!

Love the way you celebrated, I too booked a 10-day vacation/cruise from Miami to mark this new chapter!

I want to spend more time in this forum giving and learning, it's nice to be surrounded by like-minded people who are equally invested in the Fastlane life!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Welcome

Please SEARCH before posting.