The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fitness plan

Idea threads

yerushalaim

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 5, 2024
For the past few days I’ve been thinking how I can really help people and provide a real value. Since I don’t have any IT skills or any other that are so valuable nowadays the only thing I really now something about is fitness. I got into shape and think that I could create some kind of product that is basically a plan of what to eat and how to train.
Anyways to start selling I need a website, and as I previously mentioned, don’t know shit about it. The only experience I had with website building is shopify with their drag and drop system.
Thoughts on the idea?
Any suggestions about how to overcome this website building problem of mine?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Any suggestions about how to overcome this website building problem of mine?
Your problem isn’t designing a website (that’s easy to do in 2024), it’s creating a good product to sell.

basically a plan of what to eat and how to train.

And your plan will be different and better than what else is out there how?

Just one example: I’ve paid a coach to make a fitness and diet plan for me before. But I specifically wanted to get better at rock climbing. So I hired a pro rock climber who advertises making training plans for people who want to get better at climbing. When I hired her a number of years ago, she was one of the only people doing it online.

So what’s your secret sauce or unique angle? What makes you credible as a coach? Why should I trust you over everyone else?

And until you have good answers to those questions, there is no point to building a website.

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth
If you do the same thing as 32345 other people, you will barely make a living from it.

As per the previous comment, you should niche in something or be extremely good in aesthetics/power. If you are just a dude who love to lift and looks 8/10, you won't have a real business.

Tho, if you can bring fast/easy/extreme results to others, you might have a chance. Or get in niches such as pain back/mobility/flexibility/moms to get fit back/divorced dads who want to get fit.

You have to get creative and be something else, mediocrity isn't a place in the fitness domain.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 11, 2019
Yeah, no, sounds like you're just a regular fit guy who's got no formal background, nor you're exceptional in fitness.

A while ago, I worked in an agency that worked with about 30 fitness coaches, from new but certified coaches with 10K followers to ones that you probably know with 1M+ followers.

The big ones were easy to work with - create a nice-looking funnel, add a ton of before/afters, have a guarantee in place, and promote it to their existing audience.

Now, those who were not famous... Essentially, they were just duplicates of each other: "I'm a certified coach and I help people build muscle and lose fat".

If you truly want to succeed in this space, here are your options (my subjective opinion):

- Take steroids, get inhumanely huge like Sam Sulek or any pro (not medical advice).

- Compete and win in any discipline - bodybuilding, powerlifting, crossfit, etc., then help others advance in the same discipline.

- Go even more niche and solve specific problems, e.g. back pain, knee pain, conditioning for runners, advanced calisthenics moves, etc. Elastaboy or Knees Over Toes Guy are good examples of this.

- Work with a very specific audience segment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Go even more niche and solve specific problem
I would pay for a coach or a course right now for “rock climbing without injury for 30-something’s who can no longer climb like they are 20-something”.

Niche is the key.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 11, 2019
I would pay for a coach or a course right now for “rock climbing without injury for 30-something’s who can no longer climb like they are 20-something”.

Niche is the key.
Exactly! I have hired a coach in the past, but as my goal was to increase my powerlifting total, I hired a national champion powerlifter/coach not just any fitness coach. He had both personal and coaching track records. Similarly, I've now switched to "hybrid training", thinking - lifting, running, swimming, etc. I won't hire a personal trainer, nor a running or a swimming coach, I'll hire a coach who was a competitive powerlifter, is still crazy strong, and is now doing crazy stuff like ironmans and 250-mile runs. Just a few examples.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.