The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Freelancing reselling business

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

locomotiv

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Apr 17, 2023
Hello, I've been thinking about starting a freelancing reselling "business." What would it look like?
I would cold-reach somebody and offer them my freelance service for $20 and then find somebody who would do it for $10 -you get the idea obviously. I have all the labor power in the world, so I think finding at least one client is within my reach. So my question is, do clients require a face-to-face call to get the details and meet me before hiring me, or is just emailing each other enough for them to make the decision? Of course, I have no details or experience about the niche that I will offer, and I'm planning to outsource 100% of the job, so they will definitely tell that I have no idea what I'm talking about. Also, do you guys have any experience with freelancing and could share your stories, mistakes, or something that I should know before making my first move? What do you guys think about that idea?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

locomotiv

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Apr 17, 2023
Why would I hire you instead of the $10 guy?
well, i understand that there will be multiple people across all the existing freelancing platforms who are willing to do the job for 10$ or 5$, but i think ease of communication and direct reach to my client is in my favor. While i absolutely can't refute your argument in any way i still believe I basically give bottle of water to the more or less thirsty person. No matter what you do there are always people who will do it cheaper.

Last edited:

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
No matter what you do there are always people who will do it cheaper.
Sure, but you do understand that you're not actually doing anything, right?

Look, I'm not gonna get into this. You're money chasing, trying to find a shortcut to money instead of taking the time to learn how to deliver real value yourself. Read The Millionaire Fastlane and drop this nonsense, you're not going to get a positive response to it in this forum.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 11, 2019
Why do you need our opinion on it? As you said yourself, all you need is to get a client -> create a brief -> hire someone and give them the brief -> get the result -> send it to the client -> profit.

Can it work? Of course! Will it work for you? Find out!

It's a valid "business" but getting clients can be tough. Have you ever tried getting a client? It's pretty tough for most.

Then comes the second challenge - can you outsource to someone and get quality results for less than what the client is willing to pay you? What if you agree on X service for $200 and outsource it to someone for $100 but they fail to meet the deadline or provide a shitty service? Scaling it will be difficult if you yourself don't have the relevant skillset.

Anyway, try it and let us know how it goes!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello, I've been thinking about starting a freelancing reselling "business." What would it look like?
I would cold-reach somebody and offer them my freelance service for $20 and then find somebody who would do it for $10 -you get the idea obviously. I have all the labor power in the world, so I think finding at least one client is within my reach. So my question is, do clients require a face-to-face call to get the details and meet me before hiring me, or is just emailing each other enough for them to make the decision? Of course, I have no details or experience about the niche that I will offer, and I'm planning to outsource 100% of the job, so they will definitely tell that I have no idea what I'm talking about. Also, do you guys have any experience with freelancing and could share your stories, mistakes, or something that I should know before making my first move? What do you guys think about that idea?
My preference is to help people myself first. Figure out who you can help, what you can help them with, and how you can do it. By doing the work and speaking to prospects and clients you get better at both.

You'll be able to sell better when they know you know what you're doing. Yes, you can sell without being the person doing the work, but if it's your first stab at eating what you kill then you've so much to learn. You may as well get the work and do it, rather than get the work, find someone to do it, manage them, and make some profit somehow.

Once you've had a few clients (free, low paid, then full price), you can then find help with fulfilment.

Once you've got the hang of sales and marketing you can then start selling things you don't have to do the work for.

Just my 2c.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
This is just how businesses work.

I will buy x for $1 and sell for $2
I will buy an employee for $8/hour and make him do jobs that are worth $100

You can apply your "reselling" to any business or niche. All that matters is if there is a need or not. Is there a need for your freelancing? How will you get people to buy from you?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.