The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Google Is Killing Small Independent Sites (Commandment of Control)

Marketing, social media, advertising

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I own a charity website, that google has just killed. The website is 12 years old, we are strictly against spam, or black hat SEO. I have largely ignored the algorithms, because I figured, I am making a website for humans to enjoy and learn from. I never tried to trick google search. It is original content, and some of the big websites (wikipeadia, bbc etc) have taken my content and posted it themselves.

At it's peak, the website was getting 1,500 visitors p/day, and I was always in the top 3 page 1.

5 years ago, an update came out and I was relegated to page 17, for all 30,000 of my pages. Since then I've been getting 400 views p/day. I figured, don't worry, I am still providing original content that is creative and aimed at helping others.

Since this latest update, we have been getting 0.

Google just killed a charity that has been credited as changing an industry, AND put four people out of work. And I've just wasted 12 years of my life.

Side question: Now that my website will cease to exist, will Wikipedia still point it's 1000's of links to my non existent site?

Wow, terribly sad, but not surprising. I hope you find a pivot for the problem, or get some of those rankings restored.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I own a charity website, that google has just killed. The website is 12 years old, we are strictly against spam, or black hat SEO. I have largely ignored the algorithms, because I figured, I am making a website for humans to enjoy and learn from. I never tried to trick google search. It is original content, and some of the big websites (wikipeadia, bbc etc) have taken my content and posted it themselves.

At it's peak, the website was getting 1,500 visitors p/day, and I was always in the top 3 page 1.

5 years ago, an update came out and I was relegated to page 17, for all 30,000 of my pages. Since then I've been getting 400 views p/day. I figured, don't worry, I am still providing original content that is creative and aimed at helping others.

Since this latest update, we have been getting 0.

Google just killed a charity that has been credited as changing an industry, AND put four people out of work. And I've just wasted 12 years of my life.

Side question: Now that my website will cease to exist, will Wikipedia still point it's 1000's of links to my non existent site?
Do you have google search console? How does your website do with the user experience metrics?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.