The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Everyone- I’m new on here and I have been following DeMarco as an authors for some years!

Terrylewis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 19, 2023
London
Hello All
Hope everyone is good- I have joined the forum after reading Unscripted for the second time. I sup[pose I’m Looking for answers! I managed to to start a company 10 years ago in the UK and we turnover a reasonable amount (not sure if I am permitted to write values). My business partner is my brother and we work pretty well together. As the company is expedentually growing right now I am trying to navigate me next big move! Hopefully I will find some answers. As with anything in life: if I‘m here looking for something, I know I must give something! Hopefully I will bring some fresh and insightful knowledge I have gained from all the mistakes I’ve made!
Looking forward to being part of a like minded community
Stay Lucky
TLC

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, what industry are you in?

Terrylewis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 19, 2023
London
Welcome aboard, what industry are you in?
Hello Sir! I am in the the construction industry. I started with Damp (water ingress into buildings), after seeing that the “damp industry” in the UK is very much poised at treating every problem the same, I started to look at the bigger picture. Now my focus is roofing, external restorations and drainage (the three main issues that cause damp). I am solving a very common problem here in London (UK). I have built the company up 60 odd people with 5 different divisions that all bounce off one another but I admit that even though I am making good money, I’m working for the company (side walk). I’m exchanging time (sometimes long hours) for money. As I have read all of your books my favourite is Unscripted . I’m half way through listening to it again and I’m already planning to read it a third time so that it completely sinks in. So far I have created management structure in the company to run the daily operation however, I’m still finding myself stepping in to ensure we run a tight profit making ship. To live in the fast lane I know I have to automate this and more importantly automate my main role, which is my surveys and being the lead surveyor. I have become an expert in surveying buildings for external defects. This has been achieved by literally making mistakes and self learning. I have created a bespoke reporting system and now I am trying to work out a training program to teach the system. If I can get this bit right I can come out of the business and live in the fast lane. I would then like to carry on with creating gym innovations and chasing product licensing. This is something I started doing last year and I managed to get TRX very interested in a very simple idea- this is the true fast lane dream! My only obstacle is my brother who is my business partner within my company and he lives in the slow lane plagued with consuming and American Politics, who wants me to “relax” more and work less hours to ease his consciousness. That said, I believe you have given me the blue print- I just need to speed up the process! Any advice given would be eagerly consumed and action! Here’s my website: www.evironrestorationservices.co.uk and www.envrionpropertyservices.co.uk. If you’re interested in seeing one of my gym products let’s me know- happy to show that too.
Thank you for sharing and spreading your message, it’s changed my life and I’m aimed at my target- just working out the fastest and smartest way to get there!!
Kind regards
Terry L Clark

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.