The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help needed in identifying a better approach or where I go wrong (IT skills)

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

M5EAGLE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 1, 2024
Hi guys!

A determined self-improvement guru here. My goal is to work a couple of hours a day and have the freedom to wake up whenever I want and do what I want. Since early last year tried my hand at freelancing I set up a professional email and some landing pages and the like and started out reaching on social media and emails. I've gotten a few replies but all have been negative, or no answer. I would say on average I've done around 3-5 outreaches a day since I started. I've since started, changed my approach, researched, and been on various groups and freelancer forums to take notes of people. I can't seem to break the initial barrier of getting a paying client.

I've always suspected that it's because of my skill, and how I position/pitch myself. So here is some background.

I am working as a system administrator/office 365 consultant at an IT MSP company. For example, setting up an IT solution for professional email, collaboration, and device management (automated new device setup, application deployment, policy deployment, cyber security, and basic training in applications like MS Teams and best practices. I've got several Microsoft 365 certifications. Due to a contract, I can't work with clients in our region. With the skills I've picked up at my main job and the various experiences in businesses I've been working with, I thought freelancing would be a good pick with the same skills, especially my certifications. However, I can't seem to get a single positive reply.
I've been reaching out to SMBs of 1-50 people, telling them something (see below for example email):

However, I feel like, who even needs my services and why? Most people already have Microsoft 365 since I don't reach out unless they have it mostly, and now suddenly a stranger comes and tries to sell them something that most likely won't give tangible results. And even if they need my type of service, how do they know that they need it? If a business runs, and you are used to the way it runs, why should you care about device management (never needed one), cyber security (our IT provider is supposed to handle it), or reduced IT costs (trusting some random guy doing cold outreach, who could be a scammer).
I feel like, a challenge I would have is trying to create a need from nowhere, but that is IMPOSSIBLE in this type of topic without it being too long email. At that point, nobody will bother reading it. At my main job, we can sell these services to SMBs because you have authority by being a professional company with a history and a big customer base already, so when you tell them you need to secure your devices or update your security policies, they will listen most of the time.

Now I could instead do outreach to certain niches that are extremely primitive and not yet adopted technology due to it being a very manual labor type job or not investing in IT, but then again, there wouldn't be much money to earn from that type of client.

One of my example cold email outreach:

Many SMBs in manufacturing like COMPANY NAME face challenges in maximizing ROI from Microsoft 365 and building an effective IT strategy.

With years of experience and several Microsoft certifications, I can help you overcome similar challenges by providing key insights and tailored solutions, which will help reduce IT costs while promoting business growth.

Would you be interested in me sharing some various ways COMPANY NAME could benefit from my services?

Best regards,
Professional signature (with picture and links to my certifications), landing page, email, phone, social media

Any help would be appreciated, thanks all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
My reaction to your cold email:

1. This is not specific enough: "providing key insights and tailored solutions." I want a full list, with details, to understand the options and possibilities at play.
2. How much money can you save me? How can this increase revenue? Any previous results to speak of?
3. "Would you be interested in me sharing" No, I prefer if the offer is transparent and attached to the cold email, so I can clearly see an example of what you offer and prices. It's not a good idea to ask "Would oyu be interested", assume instead that they are interested, or you disqualify yourself.
4. "years of experience and several Microsoft certifications" This sounds like you are applying for a job, not selling a service. How can you say that you are qualified, in a different way?
5. If possible, try to customize the cold email more. Right now, you just mention the company name. Try to name-drop something else in the opening paragraph. Like the name of the person you are contacting, referencing some project they manage etc.
6. "Many SMBs in manufacturing like" -- You may view their company as just another SMB in manufacturing, but that may NOT be how they view themselves. They have another perspective than you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm curious how many searches there are for the services you could provide, and what ads show for them. Check the Google Keyword Planner.

M5EAGLE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 1, 2024
My reaction to your cold email:

1. This is not specific enough: "providing key insights and tailored solutions." I want a full list, with details, to understand the options and possibilities at play.
2. How much money can you save me? How can this increase revenue? Any previous results to speak of?
3. "Would you be interested in me sharing" No, I prefer if the offer is transparent and attached to the cold email, so I can clearly see an example of what you offer and prices. It's not a good idea to ask "Would oyu be interested", assume instead that they are interested, or you disqualify yourself.
4. "years of experience and several Microsoft certifications" This sounds like you are applying for a job, not selling a service. How can you say that you are qualified, in a different way?
5. If possible, try to customize the cold email more. Right now, you just mention the company name. Try to name-drop something else in the opening paragraph. Like the name of the person you are contacting, referencing some project they manage etc.
6. "Many SMBs in manufacturing like" -- You may view their company as just another SMB in manufacturing, but that may NOT be how they view themselves. They have another perspective than you.

Hi, thank you for your suggestions!

The cold email is just one example from many, I've tried a lot of different approaches over the months, however my theory is that even if I were to craft the perfect email, it wouldn't help in my situation. I simply believe my skills or choice of niche/service translates very poorly to freelancing because of the obstacles mentioned (why use my services, no immediate need for it, the risk, etc.). Due to my skill/service its very difficult to showcase tangible benefits, as opposed to say offering to write emails for them, SEO, marketig. Etc.
I feel majority of the SMBs or prospects probably have no clue what I am selling or why they should get it when its not been needed since long time. And for me to explain them why they need it, would make it a long email.

Long story short: am i having the wrong skills? Should i try something else? Maybe I should develop some skills that are related but more to the benefit to the companys owner/ceo rather than IT manager (many of them lack IT manager)

M5EAGLE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 1, 2024
I'm curious how many searches there are for the services you could provide, and what ads show for them. Check the Google Keyword Planner.
Hi Andy!

Thank you! I will check GKP, never heard of it, and I will check when I'm on the PC. I assume its just an easy to acccess from Google search?

What do you think overall about the worries/obstacles I've put up regarding my choices of skills to freelance? Overthinking or possibly true?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi Andy!

Thank you! I will check GKP, never heard of it, and I will check when I'm on the PC. I assume its just an easy to acccess from Google search?

What do you think overall about the worries/obstacles I've put up regarding my choices of skills to freelance? Overthinking or possibly true?
IT folks are problem solvers. It's up to us to figure out what problems people will pay to solve, AND how to get in front of those people.

Personally, I don't think people should try cold emailing or cold calling till they've a clearer idea of who they help and what they help them with.

Maybe these two threads might help:

cikatomo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 7, 2014
Great Land of Canada
Ok, I noticed first issue: you shared your email, but didn't mention SUBJECT.

SUBJECT is the first thing people notice in inbox. You should first focus on nailing down the subject line.

You need to be aware that you are now marketer and seller starting your own business, not just IT guy.

What's your open rate? Do you track that?

MarxMelencio

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Apr 3, 2024
M5EAGLE,

[SNIP]However, I feel like, who even needs my services and why?[/SNIP]

There's the rub. You won't be able to sell anything if you don't even know who wants the value that you propose, and why they want it.

Keep in mind, developing a value proposition and an ideal customer avatar are among the first steps in building a business. And you won't be able to niche down on both fronts without really knowing both, even just at least enough for a fairly reasonable starting point at these two things.

[SNIP](trusting some random guy doing cold outreach, who could be a scammer)[/SNIP]

I think you're banking on them trusting you because of your certifications. Would they really? I mean, you haven't developed an ideal customer avatar, right? So how would you know this?

Imagine knowing your target niche group. Imagine knowing what they think of your value proposition. Imagine how they could likely appraise it as something that would help solve their urgent problems and satisfy their immediate needs. Imagine knowing where they go to look for solutions to their relevant problems. Imagine where they go to talk and mingle with others who have the same problems and possible solutions. Imagine knowing what to show them so many of them can start trusting you, enough for them to ask how you'd be able to help with their particular needs and situations (show, don't tell). Imagine knowing what to say to them, enough for many of them to feel that looking closer at what you have to show them is the first step towards solving their relevant problems. Imagine knowing the time of the day and night when they think about these things, when they do these things, and so on.

Now if you're already able to imagine those things with a considerable degree of confidence in knowing that you're probably right, then that means you already have an ideal customer avatar to start with.

Just my two cents, for what it's worth. And, you might want to look into MS 365 Copilot and how you'd be able to leverage that angle for your show-and-then-tell-what-you-want-to-show strategy. Generally speaking, some businesses across the board are looking closer into ways to use AI for reducing overheads, speeding up workflows, eliminating human errors and so on.

Best of luck! :)

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Hi, thank you for your suggestions!

The cold email is just one example from many, I've tried a lot of different approaches over the months, however my theory is that even if I were to craft the perfect email, it wouldn't help in my situation. I simply believe my skills or choice of niche/service translates very poorly to freelancing because of the obstacles mentioned (why use my services, no immediate need for it, the risk, etc.). Due to my skill/service its very difficult to showcase tangible benefits, as opposed to say offering to write emails for them, SEO, marketig. Etc.
I feel majority of the SMBs or prospects probably have no clue what I am selling or why they should get it when its not been needed since long time. And for me to explain them why they need it, would make it a long email.

Long story short: am i having the wrong skills? Should i try something else? Maybe I should develop some skills that are related but more to the benefit to the companys owner/ceo rather than IT manager (many of them lack IT manager)
Just telling you my reaction. My reaction now to your reply is:

1: You doubt yourself
2: You claim things are very difficult
3: You feel things, but don’t know or think enough

This type of belief makes it harder to sell. You need full belief that your offer is fantastic. Some proof also.

M5EAGLE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 1, 2024
IT folks are problem solvers. It's up to us to figure out what problems people will pay to solve, AND how to get in front of those people.

Personally, I don't think people should try cold emailing or cold calling till they've a clearer idea of who they help and what they help them with.

Maybe these two threads might help:

The usual problems I solve at MSP/main job are related to cybersecurity, streamlining IT operations, and helping to build an IT strategy & implement it. Usually, it's very easy for me to sell something to a customer @ the MSP work because they are existing customers and we have a relationship, they trust our judgment, and we already manage their systems.

Most of these businesses already have a contract with MSP which handles their IT systems. Truth be told, I've been trying to build an idea of who I help and with what, and I've had some ideas over the months, like Personalized services instead of generic ones most MSPs do, reduced IT costs but getting more features out of it, and many more.

I've chatted with Chat GPT and other AI chatbots for so long trying to brainstorm the ideal who, and the what. But in my head, I just can't translate my skills (which I know businesses would benefit from) to something they can visualize and say "That's something worth paying for!".

M5EAGLE,

There's the rub. You won't be able to sell anything if you don't even know who wants the value that you propose, and why they want it.

Keep in mind, developing a value proposition and an ideal customer avatar are among the first steps in building a business. And you won't be able to niche down on both fronts without really knowing both, even just at least enough for a fairly reasonable starting point at these two things.

I think you're banking on them trusting you because of your certifications. Would they really? I mean, you haven't developed an ideal customer avatar, right? So how would you know this?

Imagine knowing your target niche group. Imagine knowing what they think of your value proposition. Imagine how they could likely appraise it as something that would help solve their urgent problems and satisfy their immediate needs. Imagine knowing where they go to look for solutions to their relevant problems. Imagine where they go to talk and mingle with others who have the same problems and possible solutions. Imagine knowing what to show them so many of them can start trusting you, enough for them to ask how you'd be able to help with their particular needs and situations (show, don't tell). Imagine knowing what to say to them, enough for many of them to feel that looking closer at what you have to show them is the first step towards solving their relevant problems. Imagine knowing the time of the day and night when they think about these things, when they do these things, and so on.

Now if you're already able to imagine those things with a considerable degree of confidence in knowing that you're probably right, then that means you already have an ideal customer avatar to start with.

Just my two cents, for what it's worth. And, you might want to look into MS 365 Copilot and how you'd be able to leverage that angle for your show-and-then-tell-what-you-want-to-show strategy. Generally speaking, some businesses across the board are looking closer into ways to use AI for reducing overheads, speeding up workflows, eliminating human errors and so on.

Best of luck! :)
Amazing message with lots of value and lessons.

I can imagine my ideal customer avatar:
The typical IT manager/admin at a reasonably small business doesn't have the resources or time to keep up to date with new products or to make his life easier. With the benefit that they would understand my value proposition and why it would benefit them. I did some outreach doing this and had a positive reply once, but that led nowhere after I got excited and responded to their inquiry about my rates instead of asking to hop on a call.

Or

A clueless SMB owner who lacks IT expertise and gets ripped off by IT vendors to purchase less-than-ideal IT solutions or is unable to make the right decisions for cost-effective and future-proof investment.

Have looked into Copilot, and I am hoping to get more expertise in using it. For sure, it's a very hot topic currently.

1: You doubt yourself
2: You claim things are very difficult
3: You feel things, but don’t know or think enough

This type of belief makes it harder to sell. You need full belief that your offer is fantastic. Some proof also.
Sorry if I came across as those things, I want to clarify: I don't doubt my capabilities, but I am determined to go through with whatever it takes and force success into compliance. However, I've reached a point where I would not mind some outside perspectives and ideas, as that in my experience never hurts.

Sometimes I send an email, with 99% confidence that this will make the prospect thank God for my reaching out and hop on a call immediately, because at the moment of writing and observing the business profile, and based on my experience at MSP and the different challenges SMBs face, I am solving a big problem for them that will highly benefit them. They just don't know it yet. How do I make them know it? That's the million-dollar question, literally.

Many of these businesses have glaring security holes, wrongly configured email servers, or easily exploitable problems. I know that because I plug those holes normally at my MSP job. I know how to use public tools to do look-ups to see the basic configuration of every prospect I reach out to, to see which of these holes they have, and offer a way to plug it for them. After I don't get a reply, and no replies after several follow-ups, I am left wondering basically:
"From the POV of the customer, why should they care, truly? They run their business as they've always done with great success and have a basic IT system setup that meets their current needs. Suddenly someone comes and tells them how to make it better."
Most of these businesses I assume are unaware that they even understand they have IT solutions or software in place, or the difference between a subscription they pay for and a program they have on their PC built in. I don't know. That's why I would appreciate some outside perspective, as I assume many people here are business owners, with already their needs met, and see no reason as to how anyone can solve a problem for you that aren't there.

Ok, I noticed first issue: you shared your email, but didn't mention SUBJECT.

SUBJECT is the first thing people notice in inbox. You should first focus on nailing down the subject line.

You need to be aware that you are now marketer and seller starting your own business, not just IT guy.

What's your open rate? Do you track that?
Some of my subject lines are like this: All start with the prefix: First name -
Then the subject line follows after their first name, sometimes also their company name.
Some examples of subject lines

Some free tips and tricks, and question
The easiest way to reduce IT costs
Easily grow your detailing business
question about IT services and some mistakes you may be making
On creating IT strategy
IT improvements
IT expertise
ROI from IT
IT expertise and growth

I didn't track open rates, no. The only time I did track, it got opened. But no reply.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What are you doing on LinkedIn?

MarxMelencio

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Apr 3, 2024
M5EAGLE,

That's a really good question.
Have you done anything with LinkedIn groups, LinkedIn advertising and LinkedIn InMail, in that particular sequential order?

I continue to get considerable success rates in terms of closing service contracts for my business through the strategy below.
** The services that I'm talking about here are also not so straightforward to sell, such as multi-lingual telesales through custom pay-per-performance arrangements, hybrid AI and human labor pipeline engineering for back office ops and customer-facing apps and technical SEO, etc.

Join LinkedIn groups with lots of active members that match my target prospects;
>
Regularly participate in active conversations across those groups, especially discussions that are directly and laterally related to the needs of my target prospects (which can be solved by what I intend to pitch to them later) I do this by helping them with their questions, sharing my relevant experience and so on, with the goal of steadily building my reputation in those groups as a friendly pro who offers helpful advice, timely info and useful insights;
>
Use the stuff I learned from my frequent participation in those groups to develop more comprehensive content as LinkedIn posts that can supplement the stuff that I already shared there;
>
Do the same thing with that data to develop and tweak my direct response proposal, my CPC ad copy and my landing page with an opt-in consultation booking form;
>
Prep my LinkedIn posts to implement suitable copywriting frameworks for the content and and effective CTAs leading to my landing page;
>
Publish and boost 'em content as sponsored LinkedIn posts and run small CPC ads for my landing page, all targeted at those groups;
>
Continue doing those things 'til I'm confident (based on CTRs, engagement and response, of course( that my brand has established sufficient top of mind retention and recall across my target prospects in those groups; and
>
Cherrypick my top target prospects from those groups, and send my proposal via LinkedIn InMail to them, with CTAs crafted to compel 'em to book a consulting call to talk about how I can customize my solutions to best suit their particular use case.

My thinking behind this pipeline is I'm able to learn more about my target prospects and their relevant needs, all while having the opportunity to converse with them, establish myself as a friendly expert resource of helpful solutions, develop targeted content that shows my relevant authority knowledge and specialist expertise, tweaking my ads, direct response pitches and landing page conversion strategy, thereby generating leads and referrals along the way. :D

I hope this helps! :)

M5EAGLE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 1, 2024
M5EAGLE,

That's a really good question.
Have you done anything with LinkedIn groups, LinkedIn advertising and LinkedIn InMail, in that particular sequential order?

I continue to get considerable success rates in terms of closing service contracts for my business through the strategy below.
** The services that I'm talking about here are also not so straightforward to sell, such as multi-lingual telesales through custom pay-per-performance arrangements, hybrid AI and human labor pipeline engineering for back office ops and customer-facing apps and technical SEO, etc.

Join LinkedIn groups with lots of active members that match my target prospects;
>
Regularly participate in active conversations across those groups, especially discussions that are directly and laterally related to the needs of my target prospects (which can be solved by what I intend to pitch to them later) I do this by helping them with their questions, sharing my relevant experience and so on, with the goal of steadily building my reputation in those groups as a friendly pro who offers helpful advice, timely info and useful insights;
>
Use the stuff I learned from my frequent participation in those groups to develop more comprehensive content as LinkedIn posts that can supplement the stuff that I already shared there;
>
Do the same thing with that data to develop and tweak my direct response proposal, my CPC ad copy and my landing page with an opt-in consultation booking form;
>
Prep my LinkedIn posts to implement suitable copywriting frameworks for the content and and effective CTAs leading to my landing page;
>
Publish and boost 'em content as sponsored LinkedIn posts and run small CPC ads for my landing page, all targeted at those groups;
>
Continue doing those things 'til I'm confident (based on CTRs, engagement and response, of course( that my brand has established sufficient top of mind retention and recall across my target prospects in those groups; and
>
Cherrypick my top target prospects from those groups, and send my proposal via LinkedIn InMail to them, with CTAs crafted to compel 'em to book a consulting call to talk about how I can customize my solutions to best suit their particular use case.

My thinking behind this pipeline is I'm able to learn more about my target prospects and their relevant needs, all while having the opportunity to converse with them, establish myself as a friendly expert resource of helpful solutions, develop targeted content that shows my relevant authority knowledge and specialist expertise, tweaking my ads, direct response pitches and landing page conversion strategy, thereby generating leads and referrals along the way. :D

I hope this helps! :)

Good question.

On LinkedIn, I tend to try to keep a "low profile" because I am pushing the limits due to a conflict of interest (as I mentioned initially, a contract with my main job). What I mean by low profile is not being overly aggressive in advertisement which may cause a potential conflict of interest or selling my services so that it may attract my current connection there that are from my region.

Anyway, what I've done so far on LinkedIn is:
Put my certifications
Experience
Passion

Then, I use LinkedIn search to prospect for typical SMBs that use Microsoft services. I look up their domain to determine if their services point to Microsoft servers, if yes, I send a connection request to the CEO (with a cold email approach) or use LinkedIn to find their email address.

I haven't used LinkedIn much to post content, but I do that on Instagram (although, without any luck).
Lately, I feel it's natural for me to perhaps sell digital products on Instagram and advertise the digital products there (use IG for passive income) and use LinkedIn primarily for finding prospects.

Marx, those are some very good tips. Given my situation and skillset, do you think it's still viable to implement some of the suggestions you shared there?

Overall, from the vibe I get from all the replies, it seems like nothing is wrong with my skills and I shouldn't change it up to something else (maybe some sub-skills that are enough for it to not be a breach of conflict with my employer). Rather, it seems my approach is the problem.

After months of researching, I often get the feeling that you can sell anything to anyone with any skills.

Would love some business owner perspective. Thanks all, happy fridays

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Can you post content on LinkedIn your employer would love to see and even promote? Content that brings them business, while also positioning you as an expert people can trust?

M5EAGLE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 1, 2024
Can you post content on LinkedIn that your employer would love to see and even promote? Content that brings them business, while also positioning you as an expert people can trust?
That's a good idea, which I wanted to start implementing slowly. Posting neutral content, tips and tricks etc to position myself as an authority, which could help add legitimacy to my claims of being a problem solver.

M5EAGLE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 1, 2024
I understand it as my choice of freelancing skill (IT services/consulting) isn't a bad choice? Is that correct?

Am I correct in assuming that due to the nature of my skills/niche, I need to be more careful about the way I word myself in a way they can see the value? I think that with people who work in marketing or copywriting, its like "I can help you get more clients, I can help you boost sales" etc. But in my case it is a bit different, because it is about IT consulting, which is important however, hard to make someone understand why, because it's often not a tangible benefit in terms of making money or saving time.

If so, is there anyone here who would like to help me with identifying the type of wording I have to use for the prospects to understand the unique value I can bring them?
(Audits and assessments cybersecurity and adoption of cloud services for productivity and mobility). Keeping in mind majority of the prospects have a MSP they pay to handle their IT needs.
This can be more costly, more generic solutions, less tailored and possibly just monetary motivation.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Nov 21, 2016
Sounds to me like you're trying to force-fit your skill-set into the market rather than providing it what it needs. In other words, you're trying to double-dip your job paycheck rather than looking for a problem to solve and adapting.

MarxMelencio

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Apr 3, 2024
@M5EAGLE,

[SNIP]
But in my case it is a bit different, because it is about IT consulting, which is important however, hard to make someone understand why, because it's often not a tangible benefit in terms of making money or saving time.
[/SNIP]

From how I see it, B2B services should always translate to more traffic, more sales, increased intelligent savings, optimized investment value, enhanced sustainability and / or more net profits for the client. ;)
For example, the IT services that you're talking about should be able to:

** Streamline backend workflows and back office operations, leading to increased productivity, thereby translating to better investment value of labor and equipment spend for the business;
** Strengthen cybersecurity protocols and prevent if not eliminate litigation risks, especially in the case of businesses with strict data security and user privacy laws, regulations and policies mandated by the governments where they operate, such as hospitals and healthcare facilities, banks and financial companies, among many others (cherrypick your niche verticals here), resulting to proactive mitigation of litigation risks and market share loss due to negative brand publicity, as well as reduction of legal service retainer fees and addition of unique brand positioning value for ideal prospects (think of pitching something like "the user-facing data acquisition, backend data storage and processing systems of your business need verifiable full compliance with [insert data security and user privacy laws, regulations and policies here that are relevant to each target vertical, such as HIPAA for hospitals and healthcare facilities, etc."]); and
** Automate backend and back office tasks, leading to significant cutdowns on manual labor overheads and added focus (and budgets) on stuff that converts more for the bottomline of the client, such as product dev, advertising, marketing, aftercare support, crosssales and upsales campaigns.

I bet there's more than what's listed above. ;)
And just like what I mentioned in some of my posts in this thread Really knowing your ideal customers is among the most critical first steps towards building a sustainable business ...

:D Albert Einstein said, "If I had an hour to solve a problem, I'd spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem, and 5 minutes thinking about solutions."

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.