The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you develop authority to deal with people?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If I would have to say, it’s no more then 3 shits at once.

But, in reality, people worry about 5 bazillion tiny things, and millions of big ones.

You have to pick and choose. People give a shit about how that one person looked at them when they were driving to work one day! Then they couldn’t focus during work!

You need to learn to shrug unimportant things off your shoulders. What someone else is doing, what they’re thinking about, what they think about you, what their going to say, etc and just focus on you.

You can’t give a shit about how you’ve gotten better than all the people around you. It’s you vs you.

If you can shrug small and unimportant encounters off your shoulders and mind, then keep pushing forward towards what really matters, you will succeed.

Don't sweat the small stuff, because it's all small stuff.

The words "pancreatic cancer" always snaps me back into gratitude and perspective whenever I get off kilter about something stupid and irrelevant.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

The words "pancreatic cancer" always snaps me back into gratitude and perspective whenever I get off kilter about something stupid and irrelevant.
Yeah, like you said before that's practically a death sentence. It's what got my dad, RIP.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

The scariest disease imo, is rabies. Once symptoms hit, there is no cure, and death is virtually guaranteed. Nasty way to die, you can’t drink water anymore, you feel very angry, you experience convulsions, you can’t even swallow your own saliva etc. I’ve always had a big phobia of street dogs for this reason, and always run away from them.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
406%
Apr 16, 2019
how do you become someone people don't dare messing with?

The person people don't dare messing with doesn't give a shit about most things. He doesn't care what people think about him. His distant family? Probably doesn't talk to most of them. He doesn't care about norms either. He does whatever he thinks is right and stands up for it. Doesn't matter if somebody doesn't like what he has to say. He'll say it anyway.

When he's driving on the road, he could care less that somebody behind him keeps honking. He wouldn't bat an eye. He doesn't have any F*cks to give that anxious bastard driving behind him. As the angry guy drives by him, he doesn't even look. He simply couldn't care less. Is the angry driver "walking over" this guy? Does he "respect" this guy? it doesn't F*cking matter, because the badass never wasted a second thought on the angry driver behind him.

Or the kid that didn't laugh at his joke. He isn't trying to please a random child anyway. Why should he?

He isn't trying to achieve anything, so he has nothing to prove.

You care too much about what people think about you - that's why you feel like a pussy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.