The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find investors for my lawn care company

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Apr 17, 2022
Write it down, sign and date it, and I’ll give you the address to send it to. I want to frame it so I can post it back on here for you in a few years
PURE GOLD.

I can't believe I am reading this 4 years later. Congratulations @Johnny boy , this is what happens when you trust your instinct, and do what you want to do in life.

@ChrisK Thanks for finding this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
OP, what makes you think that someone would buy a franchise of your business? What is unique about it?

Your business is not profitable. It is easy to take a marginal business and make it very lucrative by scaling it to infinity...until you start bumping into reality.

Wow.

Someone with lengthy experience in your business in your geographic area gives you good solid advice and they are "dead wrong". This is almost comical. You even went so far as to insult him.

The"dead wrong"advisor is 100% right. I started a post explaining that labor will be your problem, but I deleted it . You want validation, not advice. If you actually want a fastlane business, take this lawn care business back behind the barn and shoot it. Then find something else.

You have a lot to learn. Please promise us that you will come back in 3 years and fill us in on your fastlane lawn care business.
We have 4 locations now. I never received the signed document. I have an open space on the wall in my office for it.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
PURE GOLD.

I can't believe I am reading this 4 years later. Congratulations @Johnny boy , this is what happens when you trust your instinct, and do what you want to do in life.

@ChrisK Thanks for finding this.
I am so glad you tagged me lol

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Raising 20-30k you're going to be dealing with mickey mouse investors who can't afford to lose a dollar. I promise you that it will be just as easy to raise 500k as it would be to raise 30k. I'd urge you to consider the former. You've proved the concept, now is the time to scale it out across a greater geographical region.
You are right. Took me too long to have the balls to scale up and think differently. This was great advice back then and I will not make the mistake of only thinking small.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Apr 17, 2022
I've bookmarked this thread and will use it as future reference.

Never let anyone talk you out of taking action. Not even yourself.

If you use the right strategy, and execute the process consistently, success is the unavoidable consequence.

With this knowledge in mind, let's see where we will be in 4 years. Someone please bump this thread in 2027.

How that day will look, depends entirely on us. We are the creators of our own destiny.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
421%
Aug 9, 2022
@ChrisK you're a real damn MVP for bumping this.
Write it down, sign and date it, and I’ll give you the address to send it to. I want to frame it so I can post it back on here for you in a few years
This quote comes to mind:

"And remember that adults are boring and retarded and have shitty lives so listen to your gut at all times" - @Johnny boy

I think we should have a separate thread for Johnny's badassery. I can't be the only one to get a spike in adrenaline when I read these lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.