The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Idea threads

Mahan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 11, 2023
Hi, I'm currently a student studying the last year of my bachelor's in cyber security, Although I know I can get a 6 figure salary in just a few years, I don't see it being enough to achieve financial success.

I'm interested in thriller/mystery or fiction books and I'm thinking of probably writing my own series of fiction books since I have a good imagination sense and using it as a ticket to escape the rat race.

But I don't have any writing experience or marketing skills.

I have already done some research but I am still keen to hear your opinion.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get started?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hi, I'm currently a student studying the last year of my bachelor's in cyber security, Although I know I can get a 6 figure salary in just a few years, I don't see it being enough to achieve financial success.

I'm interested in thriller/mystery or fiction books and I'm thinking of probably writing my own series of fiction books since I have a good imagination sense and using it as a ticket to escape the rat race.

But I don't have any writing experience or marketing skills.

I have already done some research but I am still keen to hear your opinion.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get started?

If you want to be a writer, write.

You need a process?

Step 1 - Stare at a page
Step 2 - Write "Chapter 1"
Step 3 - Continue writing
Step 4 - Repeat steps 1 & 3

Remember 90% of writing is actually editing, so just commit words to the page for now. Come back and let us know how it goes.

Edit: I enjoy Brandon Sanderson's YouTube channel for more ideas/tips/advice. He also has his full class up there for free.

Last edited:

Mahan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 11, 2023
If you want to be a writer, write.

You need a process?

Step 1 - Stare at a page
Step 2 - Write "Chapter 1"
Step 3 - Continue writing
Step 4 - Repeat steps 1 & 3

Remember 90% of writing is actually editing, so just commit words to the page for now. Come back and let us know how it goes.

Edit: I enjoy Brandon Sanderson's YouTube channel for more ideas/tips/advice. He also has his full class up there for free.
I just checked his channel in popular sections, looks like he has some good info in those seminar videos, really thanks!

The good thing about writing a book is that you can fully use your imagination to the beyond and not have to deal with other people as partners, and for marketing the book, there are lots of digital marketing agencies that can do it for me.

I think it's never been easier to be a millionaire than nowadays.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.