The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Living in the office: Yikes or a decent option?

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 30, 2023
Sup TFLF. Long time no see.

After 2 months of mostly physical problems with moving FullCook forward, I think it's time to make a leap.

For those who don't know, I am currently living in a place where...
  • I can't sleep well because my roommate keeps his music/lights/phonecalls up to 23:30
  • He constantly F*cks with me because of small things: I've recently forgot my shopping bag near my door, and he says "F*ck, you are either physically impaired or mentally".
  • Because I'm being constantly tired, I can't move fast in Business - I spend maybe an hour or two a day just... Mind wandering and it eats up in work done.
  • Most importantly, I can't concentrate on the most important work because I have people who constantly make pressure on me, most of them are basically noone, and haven't achieved jack in life, but, you know, why not leave plain rude comments every time you meet that guy...

So, I think I may going to rent out an office and just live, sleep, and eat there.

Why all of a sudden? I've heard Elon Musk when he started his first company, Zip2, was so broke, he didn't have money for rent (same), and so he just called a couple of offices, and rented out one with couches. He then worked days and nights on the product, slept on the couches, and showered in YMCA.

So here's the plan, lads:
One office costs 150€/mo.

(A dormitory costs of 100€/mo and about 3 hours every single day (transit time, "get them out of your head" time))

Showers are in the gym in the centre of the city. Maybe there's one in the office

I'll cook in electric cookers. (later on FullCook, hehe)

Sleeping in sleep bags.

And I don't see nothing stopping me.

Sure, dorm has all the pleasures of life, like a warm, private shower, a kitchen and a bed, but...

A solo space for a guy who grows alone at infinitely faster rate than being hindered by others is.. It's worth it. Besides, if I can create FullCook faster, it effectively costs me money not to be fast.

How do you think, what can go wrong?

P. S. Rooms in dorms are all taken. Besides, because of lack of working space on Saturdays and Sundays hinders me bad enough.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 15, 2023
Well, my plan for if I’m ever in a situation where I have an office is to sleep there, so I would say go ahead.

What I really want to ask is this:
Why are you asking us?
What makes you want to hear our opinions on this matter?
Is it possible you feel like you want people on your side for a decision? (Not necessarily a bad thing)
is it possible you feel like you need people on your side for a decision?

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 30, 2023
Well, my plan for if I’m ever in a situation where I have an office is to sleep there, so I would say go ahead.

What I really want to ask is this:
Why are you asking us?
What makes you want to hear our opinions on this matter?
Is it possible you feel like you want people on your side for a decision? (Not necessarily a bad thing)
is it possible you feel like you need people on your side for a decision?
Yeah...

I think I will move anyway... But maybe someone knows what to expect...

Frankly, I have evaluated everything and decided to move.

It's just that it's uncertain as hell. So I am... Not scared but... I don't know if it'll end well.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
What country are you in? Here in Australia you would get kicked out of even a warehouse in an industrial estate if you tried to sneakily live there when you're not supposed to.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 30, 2023
Yup folks, should've just done it. Tommorrow is a bank holiday, but on Saturday I'm just going to call around and find whatever.

Thread "closed"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.