The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No 'frenzy' to beat homebuyer tax credit deadline

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The $8,000 homebuyer tax credit has had an impact: Reports from around the nation are that contract signings have been way up the past few weeks as people prepare for the credit to expire on Friday.
2WIkC0KxoXM

More...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Ok, so I know this is persnickety, but was I the only one appalled by the grammar in this article? LOL, staff writer, eh? Wow.

PS: we're seeing a HUGE frenzy here in the valley -as of right now:

Single Family homes Active for sale: 26,116
Single Family homes Pending: 20,217

ALL dwellings Active for sale: 33,380
ALL dwellings Pending: 23,585

In all my years in real estate... I have never seen numbers like this, not even in the boom.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yea but have prices gone up? In every neighborhood I know of the property values continue to decline. If they have stabilized, I haven't seen it.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Yea but have prices gone up? In every neighborhood I know of the property values continue to decline. If they have stabilized, I haven't seen it.

There are plenty of zip codes that have hit their bottom and are being bid back up right now (and not just because of the end of the deadline). Most of these pockets are in the outlying portions of the valley where the cost of purchase undercuts the actual cost of construction -but not all. The homes of which I reference are on the MLS being offered for standard public sale (as opposed to opening bids at the courthouse steps) with price points usually under $250K.

Now will it continue after this deadline passes? I don't think it will continue at the same pace (obviously), but I do predict nominal appreciation in many areas in the valley & still expect to see multiple offers/bid wars on properly priced homes. On the other side of the coin, there are still many portions of the valley that still have some hard adjusting (and not in the happy direction) to do.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
My area is pretty stabil, you guys out west are still getting hosed from what I hear.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.