The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Owning marketing assets by building out a scorecard application

Idea threads

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
Hey Fastlaners! It's been a while since I shared my progress, but I've been busy. Over the past two years, I've been honing my skills as a bubble developer, serving my no-code clients. However, recently, I've been brewing an idea that I've decided to act on.

I've developed a scorecard application that's versatile for building quizzes, surveys, and assessments tailored for businesses. While this concept isn't entirely new, it's fresh in my local market here in Lagos, Nigeria. Most of the available marketing tools are U.S.-based, requiring FX payments, which is becoming challenging with the current state of the Naira against the Dollar. This presents an opportunity for a locally-built solution with local payment options, not just for Nigeria but potentially for the whole of Africa.

My app currently serves two primary purposes:
Marketing data and lead generation, and assessments.

Though both markets are viable, I'm particularly interested in the marketing data and lead generation sector, given my expertise in that area.

Inspired by an idea from Andy Black in one his old posts, I've started exploring the concept of owning marketing assets. Instead of simply offering landing page services, why not create a system where ads drive traffic to a landing page, generating leads that can be sold as a package? In this industry that would be me owning the scorecard funnel.

To test this, I've created a food nutrition scorecard funnel and am currently running ads on Instagram. The initial results are promising: with just a $10 ad spend, I've acquired 15 leads and gathered valuable insights into people's dietary habits.

My plan is to package this system and sell it to professionals like nutritionists, wellness coaches, or chefs, rather than just offering scorecard templates. I'm also developing scorecard funnels for other industries to further test the concept.

I'm excited to share my journey and insights with you all, and I'm open to any feedback or suggestions on how to approach this opportunity differently. Monetizing this as a SaaS might not be the best fit for my market, although I'm probably very wrong about this.

Thanks for taking the time to read through!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
This is a good example of taking an exisiting idea that works and tailoring it to a specific audience. I look forward to hearing about more progress. Don't give up on this idea.

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
This is a good example of taking an exisiting idea that works and tailoring it to a specific audience. I look forward to hearing about more progress. Don't give up on this idea.
Thank you, I intend to drop progress reports weekly

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
Hello Fastlaners,

I believe we are doing great and having a good time working our businesses.

For a quick update, I've really focused the offering of this tool towards marketing, lead gen and appointment setting, which ultimately leads to sales and getting customers.

I believe this is a more straight forward solution to present than the assessment side of things, and at the same time, if a client uses us and generates customers and clients, there's a high chance they'll renew their subscription as long as it's making them money. So from a recurring revenue standpoint, making it a marketing tool sounds more profitable.

Right now, my push strategy is in two fronts:

I'm running ads to a Page where I show people how to generate clients using this method and a there's a call to action to book a Demo of the app and also a one-on-one consultation regarding their marketing strategy.

My goal is to have a unit denominator of sale per consultation

Second strategy is running weekly free masterclasses on how to generate appointments, leads and ultimately customers, unit denominator here would be sale per free masterclass.

I also do one on one outreach on platforms like LinkedIn, and I try to engage in conversation with potential clients here, the momentum has been a bit slow, but I just need to keep at it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.