The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Parents bullying me just because I am not picking their suggestion

General JB2006

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 30, 2022
The title may seem harsh but listen for a sec,

As all asian parents are especially filipino parents where school + good grades + good job = good life is the formula, I am now feeling the backlash

They say "We are here to guide you" instead of "guiding" they are PUSHING me into a direction that is gonna make my brain explode.

For asian parents not picking/having a "good" job means exile or you won't make a living, the buggers are pushing me to become a embassy diplomat just because beeeg salary or using the reason to travel around the world and me being opinionated.

I know they wish a well future for me but the way they do it is just wrong, bullying a child into a course where they are gonna suffer is not gonna be gud for the mental health of the kid.

They have a few good points but their execution is shit, I can tell when someone is a diplomat a bunch of problems that THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH gets slapped on your back, or am I just over reacting

What are your thoughts on this kind of scenarios?

Oh and would it be funny if I leave them someday and come back with a lamborghini or bugatti in front of their house just to send a message if ever shit hits the fan? Suggestion to cruel? And yes an angry teen is writing this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
what proof do YOU have that what you say will work for you?
back up for a minute and really look ........ you really haven't done shit, right?
and they love you and just want the best for you. that's a good thing.

find a way to do their way and your way. get everyone on the same team.
you could also shut up and go do it on your own.

talk to them rationally as an adult and reach a compromise that each of you are good with.
maybe you have to do X to be able to do Y.

you got this!!

General JB2006

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 30, 2022
back up for a minute and really look ........ you really haven't done shit, right?
and they love you and just want the best for you. that's a good thing.

find a way to do their way and your way. get everyone on the same team.
you could also shut up and go do it on your own.

talk to them rationally as an adult and reach a compromise that each of you are good with.
maybe you have to do X to be able to do Y.

you got this!!
Asian parents are immovable objects that are heavier than black holes, no matter how much clients I get, no matter how much money my theoretical business (wait just a sec I have an active client that I am working with as a service based one man army) generates they will still say get a "job already your business may fail soon."

I am gonna take the shut up option and leave in a helicopter while just to send a message, and compensate them of course the money they spent on my education, 10k per month is ez this days to make. $10k = Php600k more than enough cash to cover my tuition fees and I'll add another 100k just to cover miscellaneous expenses and the bills that I increased.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
correct. the proof is in the results.
get results.

on the flip side, to be good in business, you have to find win-win for 'immovable clients'. so challenge yourself to do both! get results AND have your parents on board / supporting / helping each other (you AND them).

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
421%
Aug 9, 2022
Proof and evidence are everything... If you don't have it, you'll have to suck it up and endure.

Your parents, as did mine (since I'm also from South Asia), have no reason to believe that what you do will work. They think they know better than you because they're older. Sure. Give them the benefit of the doubt. They got good intentions.

Are you living under the same roof as them? Are they taking care of your bills and food?

If yes, then you don't have a saying. Until you can be the man, and pay your own bills. Just nod your head and do what you need to do, give them proof what you're doing works, and they'll stop nagging you. Becoming a person of action and endurance is also good for your character. Because at the end of the day, evidence and results speak louder than any logical reasoning. Leading by example and actions can turn your haters into your dying fans.

When money starts to print from your biz, you can tell them to their face that you don't want to listen to them anymore. And they'll say, "You've grown up now son".

Or...

If they give you more crap, you can always move away with the money you're spawning from the biz by then.

edit 1: you'll have to learn how to endure things being against you if you're building a biz. So might as well practice enduring your parents. You can expect a desert of desertion period. You can expect a crowd of people not to believe in you. You can expect a period when you see no result and everything around you giving you signs to rage or give up. But just endure. It's one of the rules of the game you want to play.

Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
“So… you’re saying you DON’T want me to take care of your old a$$ in 30 years? That’s what it sounds like. Oh…you DO??!! Oh sorry I was confused, it was sounding like you wanted me to not be a part of the family just for being an entrepreneur and making more money than both of you combined. My mistake, I’m glad we cleared that up pops”

General JB2006

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 30, 2022
“So… you’re saying you DON’T want me to take care of your old a$$ in 30 years? That’s what it sounds like. Oh…you DO??!! Oh sorry I was confused, it was sounding like you wanted me to not be a part of the family just for being an entrepreneur and making more money than both of you combined. My mistake, I’m glad we cleared that up pops”

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.