The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pet buying/adopting app

Idea threads

wiktorg5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 7, 2022
Gdańsk, Poland
Basically, my concept is to make an app to buy/sell/adopt pets. Pet shelters, private owners, and professional breeders could post their pets on the app. There could be a section with nearby veterinaries and a "social network" for pet owners.
To monetize it I could take a percentage from every transaction and if someone just wants to give a pet for free, the first posting would be free.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Are you looking for validation on the idea, simply stating your idea, or looking for suggestions?

First, validate your idea by going to these animal shelters and asking their opinion on this business. They are one half of the equation. They will be far better at giving you feedback.

wiktorg5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 7, 2022
Gdańsk, Poland
Are you looking for validation on the idea, simply stating your idea, or looking for suggestions?

First, validate your idea by going to these animal shelters and asking their opinion on this business. They are one half of the equation. They will be far better at giving you feedback.
You are right I didn't clarify. I am looking for feedback about the overall idea of buying/adopting pets via an app.
Would you do this if you were in a position to sell/buy/adopt a pet?
I know that pet shelters and professional breeders will not answer me here (but if you are one of them I would be delighted to get your feedback).
So my question is directed to people potentially having a pet or looking for one.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
  • How many people actually need this service?
  • How often does a person adopt or buy a pet?
  • Can this business be easily scaled?
  • What competitive advantage will the app have over the multitude of websites that offer the same service?
  • Why does it have to be a standalone app and not a simple website that everyone can visit?

Business ideas are not inherently good or bad. It all depends on what the market wants and how well you manage to implement your solution.

If this is a hobby or side project, just do it regardless of the outcome. But if the plan is to create a successful business, I would recommend using the CENTS framework.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Patryk.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 21, 2022
Poland
You don't need to ask us if the idea is great. Just look at the market.
You live in Poland so you should already knew that we already have something like this. Just check OLX or Facebook market.
You just want to grab a nichie in online buy/sell industry.
So don't ask us if the idea is good. It is awesome but what about your execution?

This app won't be worth anything... without audience.
How will you get them to use your platform instead of OLX and Facebook?

Create bigger and more active audience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.