The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Data has proven that this type of facial expression is effective in boosting views.

However for me it's a red flag that the video is going to be trash.
Actually Mr. Beast did a test and found that a closed mouth actually converts better. So we will probably be seeing alot different expressions going forward.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Isn't that just a cheap foldable chair you can find on Amazon or Temu? Why would people still buy from the ad and lap it up? They can just close the browser, open up their Amazon/Temu/AliExpress app and get 586 options at 1/4 the price, and with points/rewards/coupons from those platforms too!
Seriously, sometime I wonder why you are on this forum. Yes you can find 586 options at 1/4 the price, but are they the same chair? Are they knock-offs that use lesser quality materials? How do you know? The demographic they are going for wants high quality and lightweight products. With this attitude you aren't ever going to run a business.

I challenge you to find this chair on temu. I couldn't.

Honestly, that video sold me. I would go buy that chair if I needed one.

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
Seriously, sometime I wonder why you are on this forum. Yes you can find 586 options at 1/4 the price, but are they the same chair? Are they knock-offs that use lesser quality materials? How do you know? The demographic they are going for wants high quality and lightweight products. With this attitude you aren't ever going to run a business.

I challenge you to find this chair on temu. I couldn't.

Plus for many consumers that aren't broke, if presented something with no other options shown, most consumers would just buy. Why spend time looking when it's right there in front of you? If it's not right, just get something else later.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Plus for many consumers that aren't broke, if presented something with no other options shown, most consumers would just buy. Why spend time looking when it's right there in front of you? If it's not right, just get something else later.
The product can be right, or it can be right now.

Both is best, but either will get sales.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Isn't that just a cheap foldable chair you can find on Amazon or Temu? Why would people still buy from the ad and lap it up? They can just close the browser, open up their Amazon/Temu/AliExpress app and get 586 options at 1/4 the price, and with points/rewards/coupons from those platforms too!
I don’t even shop that much to be able to tell the difference.

The difference between Temu and someone doing e-commerce in North America is in Temu the Chinese manufacturers is selling you directly on the platform?

I still buy things from brick and mortar convenience stalls. I guess I am hanging out with people twice my age too much.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Super cool bag idea. Seems disruptive but ripe for cheap Chinese knockoffs.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/92O6kruci54?si=13JqlLuEnA5347GP

Edit: later thought for those doing website design and marketing, this guy's website it pretty bare bones. I'm sure there would be some value someone here could provide.

I could imagine a nice banner, an improved UI and more features to add to authenticity would do wonders for this guy's conversion rates.

Last edited:

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Gentlemen, remember FullCook - a machine that can cook anything you want with a press of a button, and effectively replaces the entire kitchen? I now have a patent pending.

In the last 2 months he machine was significantly downsized, and now it can fit on any countertop.

I think it's 2-3 months until I create a prototype, and will sell it immediately. (it'll also take bottstrapping couple thousands from my side)

@Johnny boy I remember you've said it's impossible ;)

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Gentlemen, remember FullCook - a machine that can cook anything you want with a press of a button, and effectively replaces the entire kitchen? I now have a patent pending.

In the last 2 months he machine was significantly downsized, and now it can fit on any countertop.

I think it's 2-3 months until I create a prototype, and will sell it immediately. (it'll also take bottstrapping couple thousands from my side)

One thing, Id consider adjusting the name

When skimming over it, it looks really similar to FullCock, which might be great for blue pills but not your product.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida

I really don't mind personally going on the record too in saying this is not going to happen.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Same. I have the normal camping chairs and they are bulky and hurt my back and I hate them and half the time just don’t even bother bringing them.

That thing looks sweet and I wouldn’t even know the search terms to search to find it elsewhere.

Yes you can find 586 options at 1/4 the price, but are they the same chair? Are they knock-offs that use lesser quality materials? How do you know? The demographic they are going for wants high quality and lightweight products.
I sell bikes. There are a number of bike accessories I sell that are made by other brands (bike locks etc), you can buy on Amazon for $20-$80 less. And this is for branded products you can literally copy/paste the name into Google/Amazon and you will find the identical item in 2 seconds. But most of our customers don’t do that because they just want to be told what to buy with their bike while they are buying it.

Even more so for a weird camping chair that I don’t know what words to use to search for it.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
@Johnny boy I remember you've said it's impossible
And if I remember correctly you’re going to launch this revolutionary kitchen appliance with money you saved driving for Uber Eats for a few months right?

Nothing about this says realistic to me.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

How does the patent application process work?

You can apply without a prototype?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
From @Fox 's legends group:

1712652788865.png

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

I've been in Warsaw the past few days (I find myself visiting it more and more often despite not liking big cities).

Its population is over 10x higher than that of my hometown. And it's way, way, way easier to see how much money is flowing here.

I'd really encourage anyone who's struggling to see this money flow to go to a big city. It opens your eyes to new opportunities and is very stimulating, particularly if you live in a stagnant city where not much is happening.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Apr 27, 2022
United States

I personally think you're blowing smoke out your a$$ but I would love for you to prove me wrong.

Also, filing a patent before even having a working prototype or any interest whatsoever is idiotic.

All you can file (without risking thousands in legal fees and time to file a real patent) is a provisional, which saves your place in line, and allows you to have "patent pending" on your product.

It doesn't protect you whatsoever.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
I guess Google forgot to "Don't be Evil".
Yeah they will destroy their copy but the already sold it most likely lol. Nothing stops them from buying it right back from whomever they sold it to.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

IMO, that's the bigger story... how a company with a "don't be evil" slogan is one of the most evilest corporations on
the planet.

Welcome to 2024 where black means white.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

I wonder what the hiring process is like.

“Alright, first question. Do you pray to Satan?
Hell yeah. Ok, you’re hired. Right this way.” :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Gee, I don't know, should I approve this new user?

1712759579245.png

Just a small sampling of the bogus/bs users that attempt to join. For every 10 spammer/backlinker/AI-bot/self-promoter, there is perhaps 1 or 2 actual people who want to change their life.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Nov 21, 2016
Gee, I don't know, should I approve this new user?

View attachment 55291

Just a small sampling of the bogus/bs users that attempt to join. For every 10 spammer/backlinker/AI-bot/self-promoter, there is perhaps 1 or 2 actual people who want to change their life.
Let it through so it can give its thoughts on the AI anxiety thread.

TempusFugit

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Mar 6, 2024
“The publisher said of somebody, 'That man will get on; he believes in himself.'

I said to him, 'Shall I tell you where the men are who believe most in themselves? For I can tell you. I know of men who believe in themselves more colossally than Napoleon or Caesar. I know where flames the fixed star of certainty and success. I can guide you to the thrones of Supermen. The men who really believe in themselves are all in lunatic asylums.'

He said mildly that there were a good many men after all who believed in themselves and who were not in lunatic asylums.

'Yes, there are,' I retorted, 'and you of all men ought to know them. The drunken poet from whom you would not take a dreary tragedy, he believed in himself. That elderly minister with an epic from whom you were hiding in a back room, he believed in himself.

If you consulted your business experiences instead of your ugly individualistic philosophy, you would know that believing in himself is one of the commonest signs of a rotter.

Actors who can't act believe in themselves; and debtors who won't pay. It would be much truer to say that a man will certainly fail, because he believes in himself.

Complete self-confidence is not merely a sin; complete self-confidence is a weakness.'

-from Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Here is it, you guys.....

TikTok to take on Instagram with photo app

For those who missed the IG train years ago due to the shitty algo and you find your engagement tanking over the years, and for those who're trying to start new IG brand accounts in 2024 only to get 0 Likes after 45 posts, the time has come! Get your content ready!

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
For those who missed the IG train years ago due to the shitty algo and you find your engagement tanking over the years, and for those who're trying to start new IG brand accounts in 2024 only to get 0 Likes after 45 posts, the time has come! Get your content ready!

Interestingly the odds of a TikTok sale went up a few days ago on Kalshi.

https://kalshi.com/markets/tiktoksell/congress-passes-law-to-force-tiktok-sale

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
“The publisher said of somebody, 'That man will get on; he believes in himself.'

I said to him, 'Shall I tell you where the men are who believe most in themselves? For I can tell you. I know of men who believe in themselves more colossally than Napoleon or Caesar. I know where flames the fixed star of certainty and success. I can guide you to the thrones of Supermen. The men who really believe in themselves are all in lunatic asylums.'

He said mildly that there were a good many men after all who believed in themselves and who were not in lunatic asylums.

'Yes, there are,' I retorted, 'and you of all men ought to know them. The drunken poet from whom you would not take a dreary tragedy, he believed in himself. That elderly minister with an epic from whom you were hiding in a back room, he believed in himself.

If you consulted your business experiences instead of your ugly individualistic philosophy, you would know that believing in himself is one of the commonest signs of a rotter.

Actors who can't act believe in themselves; and debtors who won't pay. It would be much truer to say that a man will certainly fail, because he believes in himself.

Complete self-confidence is not merely a sin; complete self-confidence is a weakness.'

-from Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton
GK Chesterton was arguably one of the most intelligent writer/philosophers of the 20th Century. Plus he smoked cigars, had a loving marriage, and his level of sarcasm was a fine art.

Very cool quote. Thank you.

TempusFugit

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Mar 6, 2024
GK Chesterton was arguably one of the most intelligent writer/philosophers of the 20th Century. Plus he smoked cigars, had a loving marriage, and his level of sarcasm was a fine art.

Very cool quote. Thank you.
You are quite welcome! I figured the quote applied for this forum as well lol.
However, @StrikingViper69 did not seem to like it... :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.