The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Some Updates on my Journey (Need Help moving forward)

Anything related to matters of the mind

DougRMR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 19, 2019
Hey guys, 27 yo dude here, still living with his parents. I've been feeling very down on myself and kind of a loser (I don't wanna beat myself up but I'm just being honest). To make a very long story short, here's a review of what I've been through in about a year:

1) Tried to start a web design agency, got decent results with it. Currently not working on it full time
2) Got sick and spent a month and a week of hellish odyssey in the hospital (more on this later)
3) Tried a few endeavors, none of which were fruitful:
  • Tried a supplement business for a very specific need. Made sales copy and an ad campaign that got no traction + I never found the product that I was looking for in bulk so that I could sell it. But the initial reaction to the product itself was lukewarm.
  • Tried to come up a solution for a niche problem some people have with taste, solution never came to fruition nor did it really solve what I was looking for. The problem was a bit too specific, as well, and the info gathering I made showed that people were not very interested in it.
  • Tried solution selling. Calling up places and offering solutions to problems they currently had but didn't gain much traction with this, either.
Now, after the hospital this year I'm in probably the biggest slump I've been in a while. I'm currently working on selling insurance but I've been very lazy for the past two weeks, getting almost nothing done. I'm having such a hard time to get a move on and I feel like the odyssey I went through this year really sapped me of my willpower. I don't want to make excuses but it's how I am feeling now.

Recently started to incorporate a morning routine to get my life back on track but just today I missed the routine. Tomorrow will get up in the morning and do the routine once more. Again, I feel guilty and somewhat like a failure for all I've tried and had no success.

There is only one idea I have now for a fastlane business but this business already exists, and so, I'd be competing in the market if I ever try and get the business to move. I have been very complacent and haven't really analyzed anything I could do to start a fastlane business. Maybe I should give the books another read and get my mindset oiled up to get motivated.

Any tips you guys might have to motivate a young fastlaner, I would greatly appreciate it. I've had a lot of success selling insurance, btw, so it's not like I've failed at all times. It's just that the slump and the few failures I've had have made me feel down. Thanks guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023
Hey guys, 27 yo dude here, still living with his parents. I've been feeling very down on myself and kind of a loser (I don't wanna beat myself up but I'm just being honest). To make a very long story short, here's a review of what I've been through in about a year:

1) Tried to start a web design agency, got decent results with it. Currently not working on it full time
2) Got sick and spent a month and a week of hellish odyssey in the hospital (more on this later)
3) Tried a few endeavors, none of which were fruitful:
  • Tried a supplement business for a very specific need. Made sales copy and an ad campaign that got no traction + I never found the product that I was looking for in bulk so that I could sell it. But the initial reaction to the product itself was lukewarm.
  • Tried to come up a solution for a niche problem some people have with taste, solution never came to fruition nor did it really solve what I was looking for. The problem was a bit too specific, as well, and the info gathering I made showed that people were not very interested in it.
  • Tried solution selling. Calling up places and offering solutions to problems they currently had but didn't gain much traction with this, either.
Now, after the hospital this year I'm in probably the biggest slump I've been in a while. I'm currently working on selling insurance but I've been very lazy for the past two weeks, getting almost nothing done. I'm having such a hard time to get a move on and I feel like the odyssey I went through this year really sapped me of my willpower. I don't want to make excuses but it's how I am feeling now.

Recently started to incorporate a morning routine to get my life back on track but just today I missed the routine. Tomorrow will get up in the morning and do the routine once more. Again, I feel guilty and somewhat like a failure for all I've tried and had no success.

There is only one idea I have now for a fastlane business but this business already exists, and so, I'd be competing in the market if I ever try and get the business to move. I have been very complacent and haven't really analyzed anything I could do to start a fastlane business. Maybe I should give the books another read and get my mindset oiled up to get motivated.

Any tips you guys might have to motivate a young fastlaner, I would greatly appreciate it. I've had a lot of success selling insurance, btw, so it's not like I've failed at all times. It's just that the slump and the few failures I've had have made me feel down. Thanks guys.
Why are you an entrepreneur? What is your passion to be one? Have you had a real FTE?

DougRMR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 19, 2019
Why are you an entrepreneur? What is your passion to be one? Have you had a real FTE?
The #1 reason I am an entrepreneur is because I want freedom to live life my way and to provide for myself and my future family.

I'm not too sure that I've had a definitive FTE but I've definitely had many moments where I felt I've hit rock bottom or that I am just so pissed off at my life situation.

Little update, I've been much more productive this last week since I've posted this post so that'sgood.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.