The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Suggestions/Advice on Finding a Product for Amazon FBA

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

DAYLEGALLAGHER96

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 3, 2016
Hello, Guys,

It's been a while since I've been on the forum, and I've spent the past few weeks lurking and reading some informative posts. I've decided I'm going to be more active here; it's been a while since I used to visit all the time, maybe 8 years! Anyway, years have passed, and the entrepreneurial drive inside me died down when I started working in the corporate world. After visiting here again a few weeks ago, it made me realise how much I used to want to create my own business and be successful, and I realised I still want that!

So, I've decided that I'm going to pick a path and just go down it. If it fails, it fails, but at least I would have tried and learned something along the way. Plus, I'm in a pretty good position where I work from home most days, and can work and also concentrate on a side hustle at the same time.

I'm going to start selling on Amazon using FBA, and in the future, I hope to have my own online store separate from Amazon, and maybe private label my own product/brand. But for the time being, Amazon FBA it is to test/learn along the way.

I'm wanting some advice on sourcing products to sell. So, what I have so far from research is that I'm going to want to use some software such as Jungle Scout/Helium 10 to research and find a niche product to sell on Amazon. Using the software, I'm going to want to find a product that has low-medium competition, sells a minimum of 100 units a month, and has an average price of between $10 to $80.

I've been using the above method to find products, but the problem I'm having is that I'm using a free version of Helium 10 that is only capped at so many searches a day, so it's a slow process getting a list of products that I think could have some potential. I'm considering purchasing the software, but the monthly subscription is pretty pricey, so I'm in two minds as to whether it's even worth it. Like, am I being an idiot for even using software like this to source products? Is there anyone on here who sells using Amazon, did you find software like Helium 10 and Jungle Scout useful when sourcing products, or did you just research your niche, find products, purchase and sell them, and test this way?

I guess I'm just looking for advice on the product searching part, from anyone on here who has sold/sells on Amazon using FBA, or if anyone knows of any good courses or posts that I can read that can help in this area?

Thank you!!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 27, 2016
I think your focus is way off.

I did the same thing around 6-7 years ago, failing bad. I still have a premium junglescout somewhere.

Try to think bettering customer benefit, instead of copycatting/bandwagonning.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.